Autohatch mod for wagons and Golfs

penclnck

Pencilneck's Autohatch mod

If you have a wagon or Golf, then this $2 mod will make it so the car thinks the rear hatch switch in the door has been triggered every time the driver's door is unlocked.

On these cars, the latch in the hatch doesn't actually release until you pull on the handle, you've got 1 minute to do this once you flip the door switch.

Walk up to your car, disarm alarm with 1 click of remote, driver's door unlocks and you can open the rear hatch right up now. Set CCM to unlock all doors when key is removed, thus arrive at party, get out of car with (with key) and walk to the back and pop the rear hatch open and remove keg.

Only down side to having doors unlock with key removed, alarm doesn't beep until the 1 minute timer for the rear hatch has run out, lights do blink though.

Enjoy.

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
I had seen this before but I guess I'm just getting tired of wearing out my remote battery. Looks like I'll have to do this mod next time I get my door opened up. Thanks Man!

Greg_Melton

TDI
2003 Golf GLS
Bump to top.

I also would like to know how to program the ECU to open all doors when the key is removed. Can anybody help?

Greg

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
I think we now have an OEM solution to the Golf and Jetta Wagon hatch problem. My wife's hantch now POPS open like the Sedan.

We have yet to find a person with a GOLF try the CCM Modification

ele28

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf Silver
I did this to my car 2001, CCM 1J0 959 799 AJ using VDS. It works except no modification to the hatch.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
ele28 said:
I did this to my car 2001, CCM 1J0 959 799 AJ using VDS. It works except no modification to the hatch.
We need someone with a 1C0 595 799C GOLF to try this modification

alhutch

Veteran Member
TDI
None
tongsli said:
We need someone with a 1C0 595 799C GOLF to try this modification
Lito,

I have the 1C0 959 799 C CCM in my '02 Golf. What OEM solution are you speaking about? I'd be willing to try...

Al