Autoblog's Review of the 2015 Jetta TDI

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Imagine this car in Tornado RED!! and it is being delivered to me next Week!!
No way, you ordered a RED one, I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED!

:)

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Personal preference but the styling is not for me. Looks dated already.:(
Didn't ask you.....;) I owned a 2013 Jetta Hybrid SEL premium for nearly 2 years before buying the new Jetta!it is an old dated design! it had the options I wanted and desired! and a stuff I always wanted on a Jetta TDI but was never available! Now the TDI has the options ...including Hids, comfortronic back up camera and front and rear updates plus the new safety options to include Blind spot MoonitoringI and a new TDI engine so I bought it! Can't wait to pick it up and show it off!

Last edited:

Jesus Is Lord

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon 144,000 2003 Eurovan VR6 2007 Touareg V10 TDI 158,000
As long as it does not look like a Nissan Cube than the styling is great. :D

Westro

Veteran Member
TDI
Its personal preference. In 2002 I though my five A4's I bought look good, now I think they look dated. This design to me looks a lot like my 2002.

Take the grill off the Jetta and I'm not sure I could tell the difference between a Toyota Camry and the Jetta from an external quartering shot.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Its personal preference. In 2002 I though my five A4's I bought look good, now I think they look dated. This design to me looks a lot like my 2002.

Take the grill off the Jetta and I'm not sure I could tell the difference between a Toyota Camry and the Jetta from an external quartering shot.
Whatever......since 1999 I have owned 3 B4 Passat TDI's, 1 A3 TDI, 1 A4 TDI, 1 B5.5 Passat TDI, 2 A5 TDI's 1 of them a Sportwagen.....1 A6 Jetta Hybrid and now an A6 Jetta TDI! I still like the B4's the best and they are really dated!!

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
I don't understand this:

Torque remains steady at 236 pound-feet. That extra oomph also comes 500 rpm sooner in the rev range, at 3,500 rpm.
Is this a typo or perhaps a misunderstanding? What am I missing?

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
Tomo, congratulations. The naysayers should hold there thoughts for another time.
If he likes the car, the color and the options I say go for it.
Again congratulations and many happy years and KMs/Miles.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Looks nice, Tomo. Don't know what's more surprising, the car or no snow on the ground.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Looks nice, Tomo. Don't know what's more surprising, the car or no snow on the ground.
LOL I understand you guys have received your fair share this year.....She had 15 miles on her when I picked her up, now has 178.....MFI show 47.1 MPG on the return trip....was varying Speed up and down between 65-80.....

Last edited:

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Congratulations Tomó! (Dontcha just love when autocorrect does that!). I love the color. Cream or black interior?

Yeah, we already had a ton of snow and we're now getting a 2 day snow that will add another foot to it. It feels like the way winter was in the olden days! :D

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Congratulations Tomó! (Dontcha just love when autocorrect does that!). I love the color. Cream or black interior?

Yeah, we already had a ton of snow and we're now getting a 2 day snow that will add another foot to it. It feels like the way winter was in the olden days! :D

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Wow, you came to your senses and went back to a stick!

wait4TDIPD

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4
Whatever......since 1999 I have owned 3 B4 Passat TDI's, 1 A3 TDI, 1 A4 TDI, 1 B5.5 Passat TDI, 2 A5 TDI's 1 of them a Sportwagen.....1 A6 Jetta Hybrid and now an A6 Jetta TDI! I still like the B4's the best and they are really dated!!
My 96 B4 has only 181k miles on it - of course it runs like a charm -after a new fuel pump though. With the just recently put in bilstein shocks the 'old dog' is really fun to drive and I don't drive like an old man despite the fact that I am.
.....outdated, yes....looking for a new 2015 sportwagen now; but every time I drive the 'old dog' I know I will have a really hard time to part with it.

Congrats to your new lady in red!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
My 96 B4 has only 181k miles on it - of course it runs like a charm -after a new fuel pump though. With the just recently put in bilstein shocks the 'old dog' is really fun to drive and I don't drive like an old man despite the fact that I am.
.....outdated, yes....looking for a new 2015 sportwagen now; but every time I drive the 'old dog' I know I will have a really hard time to part with it.

Congrats to your new lady in red!
I had been driving our Storm Gray 1996 Passat TDI for the last 6 weeks waiting for the new ride......it has 174,000 and a 100,000 mile Euro AHU motor.....I tried to sell it (96 Passat) last summer here on the Club for 2500.....no one wanted it...amazing!!
Glad I kept it. All the regular B4 Passat stuff happened while I was driving those few weeks! 3 of 4 door handles needed repair, Got the door bonk a couple times, front brakes started making noise the other day.....roof leaks ! Right rear window doesn't open....Still love the car! it will revert to back up status again and I get to fix everything again! Love the B4's