• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

Auto to Manual Swap Paid lesson

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
Is there anyone here that would be willing to do a manual conversion to an auto and allow me to watch and learn how to do the same. Also other drivetrain related work such as a 4 motion install and tuning work I would like to learn. I can't afford to pay a lot but maybe we could work a deal. Please let me know. Returning to my goal to learn every nut and bolt on a TDI.

wildn

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI wagon 5spd! 2011 Jetta JSW TDI DSG
Is there anyone here that would be willing to do a manual conversion to an auto and allow me to watch and learn how to do the same. Also other drivetrain related work such as a 4 motion install and tuning work I would like to learn. I can't afford to pay a lot but maybe we could work a deal. Please let me know. Returning to my goal to learn every nut and bolt on a TDI.
I'm not saying I know anything but I've been looking to do a swap with some help or learning too, wherein CA are you, I'm in Socal.

All I've been able to find in my research are the write-ups on the forums and there's a 3part youtube video that shows a little bit of the swap on a gasser.

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
Gotrek you're tripping. I don't have a manual or auto. I'm looking for a TDI expert to teach me how to swap a manual transmission into an automatic car. Wildn I live on what's considered the Central Coast. Approximately 200mi north of L.A.

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
Wildn maybe if we could get together another couple of guys and get all the parts needed together in one location we could hire a pro mechanic from here on the forum or otherwise and pay them to do a sort of TDI clinic.

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
My budget isn't very big and that's why if we could assemble a small "class" we could split the cost of hiring the "teacher" maybe we could find a teacher that would work for beer.

wildn

TDI
Wildn maybe if we could get together another couple of guys and get all the parts needed together in one location we could hire a pro mechanic from here on the forum or otherwise and pay them to do a sort of TDI clinic.
Im in ventura, like 60 miles from LA/ 30 from Santa Barbara

'm in for that, as far as trans sourcing; Canada catalyst has 5spd swaps sold for cheap. And the copart near me has an '02 stick jetta for sale.

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
Found 02 Jetta that needs trans for 1,000 or less. Thought if I could get the swap on the cheap that'd be cool. We still would need to find a person to help I'd say. Unless you're very confident in what you do know. My mechanic abilities are very good but I also don't want to be taking a bunch of time to do it and don't have a location to do such a swap. Wouldn't work to be just doing it in a WalMart parking lot maybe.

rwtags

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2000 Beetle
Let me tell you as I just ripped my o1m out of my beetle this morning.
You do not need a teacher, those guides are excellent. Some electrical stuff I have not started yet, but its doable with a two people and on jack stands. I would rate it about a 6/10.
Getting that auto out is a pain but once it's out it's a relief! It's like 170 pounds or so.

If you do it yourself, you need to push that motor about 5 inches forward and drop it down about 6 inches and it just slides out.

To lift the manual in, I used two ratchet straps on my 2x4 I laid across the fenders and just loosened and tightened them to lift it from the ground up, then a jack on the back to rotate it and it slide right in.

Make sure you disconnect the flex pipe and cat so you dont ruin the flex pipe when moving the engine. Just dive into it and you will learn, ask questions we can answer them!

Louie710

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta sedan 2002 Jetta wagon
Buy the jetta that needs a new transmission, get the 5speed swap kit, bring it all to yuba city and ill teach you how to swap all of that out

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
Thanks rwtags though when you mention guides I'm not certain, are you referring to Haynes, or is there a VW factory service manual? Louie 710 Thanks.

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
I don't know if that car sold. When you mentioned a 5 speed kit are you referring to wildn's post. Is a "kit" a junkyard transmission for example with all nuts/bolts and what else is needed essentially?

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
What is a Triptronic like? Durability and is it a compromise between Auto and Manual meaning does it shift like a manual in manual mode and automatic in auto? It is a manual shifter with automatic actuation functions no.

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
I looked at 6 speed options for the ALH from what I read the 2005 year transmission bolts up though there are auxiliaries that need to be swapped as well. Why not 6 speed if bolt up? That or 5 speed with taller, 5th?

Aleon66

TDI
2015 Passat
hello i live in orange county I'm trying to put a 2.0 cja in a mk 1 truck bought donner car but now I've been told the 6 speed trans lhd in the 2011 Jetta
will not work so if you find some to help i am willing to pitch in to join you i now the basic of working on cars so i can help a little my issue i want to make sure what i buy will work and i want a 6 speed I'm ok with buying part of kit or having to fab some parts i don't know much about part that interchange but if you find someone hopefully he can help me out as well hope thanks ART

wildn

TDI
I looked at 6 speed options for the ALH from what I read the 2005 year transmission bolts up though there are auxiliaries that need to be swapped as well. Why not 6 speed if bolt up? That or 5 speed with taller, 5th?
Heres what I've been looking at for reference, they're a Canadian company.

also, this video series gave me a little idea of what it was like to do the swap

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
Thankz wildn I wonder if the cost of that kit is from shipping the transmission from Europe. It seems like those parts could be assembled for less than 1,500. I can see where I would just go with the kit from that outfit in the link there. The cost would be offset by the cheaper price of a car needing a new trans.

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
May have found a Jetta Wagon with an Auto transmission thats in working condition but that "needs work"

wildn

TDI
Thankz wildn I wonder if the cost of that kit is from shipping the transmission from Europe. It seems like those parts could be assembled for less than 1,500. I can see where I would just go with the kit from that outfit in the link there. The cost would be offset by the cheaper price of a car needing a new trans.
I think I've been misreading this the whole time, you want an auto trans to put in your manual? If so my Jetta is an auto

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
Nope want to do a 6 speed swap to the auto. I was saying I think I may have found a good base car. An 02 TDI Jetta Wagon. Have not heard back from the seller yet and the car is in Oregon but looks clean and is what I'd like to work with. If I can get that car I'll probably start sourcing parts for the trans swap soon after.

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
Purchased a 2003 Jetta Wagon with 5 speed. Gonna be a while before I mess with the gearing project. Probably won't 6 speed it ever. Maybe a taller 5th eventually. I have a Diesel Geek tool kit and Bentley now. After I do a timing belt or two perhaps maybe a timing belt failure rebuild I'll feel more accomplished as a VW Mechanic... Got a while before guru status.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
At least you picked up a 5 speed. I flew out to So Cal last month to pick up my 2003 ALH Golf, and finished the 5 speed swap two weekends ago (it actually got my BEW transmission, originally from an ALH, but because that transmission had my Peloquin limited slip installed).

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
pk, Pelokin what? I know a little about a lot of things but not what a Peloquin is. I've heard of a limited slip differential and limited slip clutch on Moto GP bikes is this whats know as a "slipper clutch"? What is the purpose? High Horse Power application?

MarkeysB4

TDI
Jetta
Arron at BoraParts was mentioned but not sure what to search foe this website as there was no .com/.net?! I read that that they have all the install. kits/parts for swaps.

mrurbina

Vendor
TDI
MK4 jetta tdi , alh wagon
Arron at BoraParts was mentioned but not sure what to search foe this website as there was no .com/.net?! I read that that they have all the install. kits/parts for swaps.
DZC,EHC,EGF
EWW,FBY,FCF

look at the gasser guys like oneloveauto in pa, tlct mmotorwerks llc, Mike banks in Suffolk, VA.
Or fb groups like burnallthemk4s

you might like the vr6 02M from the 2002.5+ vr6 . Any gti or vr jetta will have a 6 speed if manual in that year range

MarkeysB4

TDI
Jetta
I ended up getting an 02M 6 speed trans with relatively low miles and bought the 02M clutch kit(luke dual mass flywheel/clutch masters disk-pressure plate/throwout bearing). Will have to check Axles from 01M to 02M for fitment, meaning bolt on or press in's. The difference is in the lower bell housing cover plate/two bolts and VCDS changes to ECU. Will need clutch pedal assembly and slave cylinder line.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
I ended up getting an 02M 6 speed trans with relatively low miles and bought the 02M clutch kit(luke dual mass flywheel/clutch masters disk-pressure plate/throwout bearing). Will have to check Axles from 01M to 02M for fitment, meaning bolt on or press in's. The difference is in the lower bell housing cover plate/two bolts and VCDS changes to ECU. Will need clutch pedal assembly and slave cylinder line.
There was a fellow on vwvortex that did the swap from 01M to 02J in his 2001 Jetta. The job is essentially the same but iirc, he had to swap his ecu as it wasnt compatible with the manual trans and couldn’t be set as we do on the TDI. Might be helpful for you to have a look at that thread. You will definitely need different axles. Aaron at boraparts is Cascadegerman.com

97caron

Veteran Member
TDI
NB
If your auto axles/boots are in good shape use 1.8 or VR6 output flanges. Aftermarket axles are inferior compared to OEM. Save time and money of doing job twice.