Auto start for 2012 TDI

Niner

duplicate account, banned
I can't seem to get my auto-start to work on my TDI SEL Premium. Have tried the 2x button and in fact even pushed it 10x to try get the car to start, but no can do. Any suggestions?
Read the Owners Manual?

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Sorry but I have to jump on Niner's bandwagon. You have to do exactly what the manual says about locking the car before pressing the start button.

strongtm

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE Black
Strongtm...read some threads on the DSG. It takes some adjusting, but once you've got an idea of how it's working, it's quite good...this coming from a committed gear rower...
Thanks. I read a few things. Will keep researching. It just feels so weird sometimes that I am afraid something is wrong. Slips sometimes when I start off quick. Shifts when I don't expect it. It's probably all as designed I am just paranoid. I was told my Jetta tranny was going bad at 130k and sometimes I think this car is doing the same thing. I traded it in and that dealership didn't say anything so maybe the first dealer was wrong?

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Strong, the DSG takes some getting used to, but eventually you'll love it and see the brilliance of mating it to a TDI. To resolve the slipping issue, get in the habit of not mashing the go pedal until you feel the clutch engage -- which is usually a ½ second delay, sometimes less.

Sparkles

TDI
2012 SEL Premium - 145k miles
Sorry but I have to jump on Niner's bandwagon. You have to do exactly what the manual says about locking the car before pressing the start button.
Actually was doing that as well. Was at the dealer picking up the trunk liner and had a service rep review it. Turns out that it needed to be reprogrammed.

CNNPress

TDI
12 Passat TDi
I can't seem to get my auto-start to work on my TDI SEL Premium. Have tried the 2x button and in fact even pushed it 10x to try get the car to start, but no can do. Any suggestions?
If your car is unlock:

Lock --> Lock --> "2X" --> "2X"

If your car is locked:

Lock --> "2x" --> "2X"