Auto roll up of windows via key fob

TDIRyan

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI Black
I have the alientech controller and it took about an hour to install and works ok, but it's REALLY hard to time the key presses just right to roll the windows down.

MarkWaddle

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS Black
i also have the Alientech and TDIRyan is right. installation was a breeze and lock-up/roll-up is very easy to initiate, but its difficult to get the timing right for roll-down. not knowing how good or bad the other products are though, i would recommend the Alientech to people.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
The nice thing about the Autowindow is that there is a "learning" mode that allows you to adapt the control module to your own needs. I haven't bothered with it (because honestly ... I forgot about it until just now! :eek: ) but I can "teach" the module to open the windows by holding the unlock button, or close the windows by holding the lock button. There are also other options like the interior temp sensor that vents the windows automatically at a certain temp, the rain sensor that closes the vented or open windows if it senses rain, and others. I don't know if Alientech offers these yet. But then again, these extras bring the price up accordingly.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Yes, there are two people that I know who have done this

mickyTDI said:
Came across this ,

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219402

Also you can buy this product that reflashes the central convenience module through the diagnostic :) , has anyone tried this?

http://www.vagproduct.com/

scroll to the bottom for kvw100
There are two people that I know. Both of them read here. Maybe they'll post. It does work but so far, only on 2002 and newer CCM's. I have yet to hear of anyone successfully re-flashing an older CCM.

Lito

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ed's TDI said:
The nice thing about the Autowindow is that there is a "learning" mode that allows you to adapt the control module to your own needs. I haven't bothered with it (because honestly ... I forgot about it until just now! :eek: ) but I can "teach" the module to open the windows by holding the unlock button, or close the windows by holding the lock button. There are also other options like the interior temp sensor that vents the windows automatically at a certain temp, the rain sensor that closes the vented or open windows if it senses rain, and others. I don't know if Alientech offers these yet. But then again, these extras bring the price up accordingly.
It also has a feature to fold your mirrors if you've got folding mirrors but when I wired it up, it fried one of my folding mirror motors requiring me to by an new folding mirror from Germany.

Much more expensive than the autowindow unit to begin with. So I returned it.

Lito

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
BRIAN427COBRA said:
I got the AlienTech, I like it.
The only thing I don't like about my alientech is that I have to press the unlock 3 times.

With this solution, I like the fact that you press and hold with the fob. No multiple presses. My wife has a hard enough time pressing the darn FOB twice to let me in through the passenger's side.

This is much simpler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyOtFAjeT3M&mode=related&search=

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
Has anyone here downloaded the boot disk software? The site won't let you download it anymore.

Not a bad price for keys.

Nevermind the other one did, I have a Freedos boot disk.

Last edited:

TDIRyan

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI Black
The only bad part of holding the button on the key fob - it drains the battery in the key fob quicker.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIRyan said:
The only bad part of holding the button on the key fob - it drains the battery in the key fob quicker.
So does pressing it (3-6) times when it doesn't take the first time.

The batteries last about 4 years and cost $2.00 each to replace.

TDIRyan

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI Black
I never stated that it was an expensive fix or anything, just the fact that it does wear down the battery more.

That being said, I'd rather hold the button than have to hit the button 3 times at EXACTLY the right moment to roll down windows.

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
I doubled my battery life by recoding all the doors to unlock with one press of the button. It also unlocks all the doors when I remove the key from the ignition. My battery is going to last forever unless I do this mod. :D

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Its plain and simple. Allientech is a hack job of a product. It works well in its own regard, but would work much better if we could have the same functionality the oem way.

TDIRyan

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI Black
With the Audi TT, it's a VAG code that allows you to roll the windows down and up by holding the button down - don't you wish we could do that one?

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Since the Alientech is installed in my car, it will stay. I would like to modify my wife's wagon's CCM.

She is not technically inclined yet I know she will be able to use this. There is no way I was going to install Alientech or Autowindow in her car. I could just see her eyes glaze over as I explain "unlock,unlock, unlock" or "unlock, lock" etc, etc.

Now, if I can figure out a way for her to keep her cell phone on & fully charged.

pheller

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 1.8t, 2003, Platinum Gray
Yeah, so the CCM byte modification worked for me. My Jetta is an 03, and I used VDS-PRO with the modification script pre-compiled in.

I believe my CCM part number begins 1C0. I've got the instructions to perform the byte modifications manually for both 1C0 and 1J0 CCMs.

When I come across it, I'll post it here. Should you have the capability for direct memory access, it should work just fine.

--phil

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
What type of cable did you use Pheller? I don't think this will work with the newer USB hex cables.

pheller

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 1.8t, 2003, Platinum Gray
Ross-tech Unicom (?) (RS232) --- a USB Cable will work, if you have software that permits direct memory access with said cable.

Look at the link provided by Fitzski for memory offsets.

--phil

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well it works as advertised. Took all of 3 minutes to perform. It also changes one feature on the Wagon.

Originally, if you'd hit the trunk release button, the rear lock would just unlock. Now, it pops the hatch just like the Jetta Sedans.

This may also work the same for the Golf. Not sure. We need someone with a GOLF to try it as well.

Great, great modification!

Lito

schwechel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Galactic Blue
Is it only good for one use? I would be interested in purchasing one of these, could you give me a little more info tongsli?? How does it compare feature wise to a alientech or autowindow?

mickyTDI

Veteran Member
tongsli said:
Well it works as advertised. Took all of 3 minutes to perform. It also changes one feature on the Wagon.

Originally, if you'd hit the trunk release button, the rear lock would just unlock. Now, it pops the hatch just like the Jetta Sedans.

This may also work the same for the Golf. Not sure. We need someone with a GOLF to try it as well.

Great, great modification!

Lito
Do you mind me asking, whats your CCM part number?

Nihilator

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 1.8t wagon
tongsli said:
It also changes one feature on the Wagon. Originally, if you'd hit the trunk release button, the rear lock would just unlock. Now, it pops the hatch just like the Jetta Sedans.

Lito
Lito, have you seen this in action? I thought it wasn't possible to actually "pop" the trunk except by either physically opening the trunk with the key or by physically triggering the contact switch above the license plate (after either pressing the key fob button or pulling the driver's door trunk switch).

--Chris

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
I am guessing Lito tried this out on his wifes wagon so if he said it pops the lid it does because it did on his wifes wagon.