Auto roll up of windows via key fob

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh... hmm... Well, none...
jnecr said:
Thanks! :)

Now.. I just have to decide whether I want to buy one or not.. :)
Does the plug-in module retain the OE programming to undo any changes, or it is single use and discard?

schwechel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Galactic Blue
I would buy one of these, but I am a little hesitant to have it make all the changes for me. And since I can only use it once I would be scared that when messing around with VAG-COM, I could set a value that would mess it up. Using the DOS program seems a lot better in my mind. Does anyone have a write up of exactly what I would need? I think you guys said you are using the serial VAG-COM for that? Would a USB work? I don't see why it wouldn't.

Nihilator

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 1.8t wagon
schwechel said:
I would buy one of these, but I am a little hesitant to have it make all the changes for me. And since I can only use it once I would be scared that when messing around with VAG-COM, I could set a value that would mess it up. Using the DOS program seems a lot better in my mind. Does anyone have a write up of exactly what I would need? I think you guys said you are using the serial VAG-COM for that? Would a USB work? I don't see why it wouldn't.
My understanding is (and I'm sure people will tell me if I'm wrong) that you need a "dumb" serial interface for this to work. Ross-tech's intelligent interfaces (at least the most recent ones) will not work. I'm using a dumb serial cable I got off of eBay that happens to also be an SKC reader, but it works for this app as well.

It has to be serial because the program we're talking about is DOS-based, and the computer has to be booted into a DOS environment for it to work. You cannot open a DOS window in XP or whatever and get it to work. Since DOS does not natively support USB, but it does support serial, you have to use a serial cable.

--Chris

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
schwechel said:
1. There is NO way for you to affect what the KVW100 changes by using Vag-Com. There is NO value available for you to change that would affect with the KVW100 modifies.

2. You can do more damage via the dos-based software than the dongle or Vag-com, especially if you don't know what you're doing.

Last edited:

moondawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Galactic Blue Jetta
Nihilator said:
My understanding is (and I'm sure people will tell me if I'm wrong) that you need a "dumb" serial interface for this to work. Ross-tech's intelligent interfaces (at least the most recent ones) will not work. I'm using a dumb serial cable I got off of eBay that happens to also be an SKC reader, but it works for this app as well.
]

My HEX-COM cable worked quite nicely. A little too nicely, see the other thread! j/k. small problem, which I'm sure will be easily fixed.

in short: HEX-COM should work.

moondawg

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
moondawg said:
]

My HEX-COM cable worked quite nicely. A little too nicely, see the other thread! j/k. small problem, which I'm sure will be easily fixed.

in short: HEX-COM should work.

moondawg
Greg, ele28 was not able to connect using Hex-com cable.

I'm going to try this evening.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I am now being told that the KVW100 will work for the 1J0 959 799X as well as the 1C0 959 799C CCM's.

Lito

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just a clarification from the KVW100 guy in China:

One touch "lock" - windows and sunroof roll up automatically

"lock" + "lock"- windows and sunroof keep the original state

hold on "unlock" - windows roll down with the hold when release the button , widows roll down stop

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mickyTDI said:
Mine doesnt have the one touch, i have to hold the button until locked.
You've tried locking the car with the windows open and waiting? I didn't think mine did it either till I tested it last night. It takes about 15-20 seconds to activate. It doesn't happen immediately.

Did you fix all the screwy things happening with your car? Between this and the coding thead, I can't remember now.

Lito

mickyTDI

Veteran Member
i got the DOS working but for some reason wont read the address in my module, maybe something to do with the flash of the kvw100 thats effected it, it worked perfect on the passat. I think the guy in China is working on a flash for to restore our alarms etc.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
tongsli said:
Just a clarification from the KVW100 guy in China:

One touch "lock" - windows and sunroof roll up automatically

"lock" + "lock"- windows and sunroof keep the original state

hold on "unlock" - windows roll down with the hold when release the button , widows roll down stop

Just some additional testing:

If I roll down the windows just a little bit to "VENT" the car you hit "lock+lock" and the windows will stay in the vent position. They will not roll up automatically

If I do the hold on "lock" but stop pressing to leave the front windows to "VENT" the windows will stay in this position.

Lito

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
tongsli said:
It absolutely changes the wagon hatch. It now POPs open. I had to ask my wife about the hatch just to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

I am really hoping someone with a GOLF will buy one while I'm here so that I can see if it changes the GOLF's hatch as well. I don't see why it wouldn't since it did it to our Wagon.

Lito
Just did it with my 02 Golf. Hatch does not pop open.

That being said.... great $45 investment!!!!

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
tongsli said:
Just some additional testing:

If I roll down the windows just a little bit to "VENT" the car you hit "lock+lock" and the windows will stay in the vent position. They will not roll up automatically

If I do the hold on "lock" but stop pressing to leave the front windows to "VENT" the windows will stay in this position.

Lito
Silly me... I should of consulted VAGproduct site first before sending a silly email.....

http://www.vagproduct.com/product/kvw100.htm

How to control the windows (ccm start from “1C0” or “6Q0”)

One touch "lock"

windows and sunroof roll up automatically
"lock" + "lock"
windows and sunroof keep the original state
hold on "unlock"
windows roll down with the hold when release
the button , widows roll down stop

How to control the windows (ccm start from “1J0”)

Hold on "lock"

windows and sunroof roll up automatically
Hold on "unlock"
windows roll down with the hold when release
the button , widows roll down stop

edit.....today, I finally discovered how it really works.... since I had the sunroof open..locked the car and eventually came back to the car & the sunroof closed.

With the one-touch lock.....if you want the windows to stay open, you:

-Press lock.

-Wait a moment for the windows to start going up, then press lock again.

Pressing lock twice real quick is the same as one-touch.

If you want them up further, one-touch lock does not work. I beleive, press & hold lock.

In regards to Lock+lock = alarm disabled? I verified this by doing lock + lock as stated above. Then opened the door from the inside handle & the alarm horn was activated.

Last edited:

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
I have 2004 Golf with interior monitoring alarm.

CCM # 1C0 959 799 B

It says in the manual that if you press "lock" on remote twice, then the deadlock mechanism and anti theft alarm are deactivated.

So, if you use the "Lock + Lock" feature , does this now also deactivate the alarm??

You guys rock...another OEM+ mod!:D

Last edited:

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
Just installed the KVW1000 on the wagon and it works great, (pops the tail and everything. :D)

Does anyone know of the addresses for the NB? Would love to get this working on the wifes car.

Scared to try a KVW1000 since the NB CCU ends in "G". :(

Last edited:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Send an email to the KVW-guy and ask him if he's tested it on a G CCM. I wouldn't do it if he hasn't tested it.

Lito

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
tongsli said:
Are you in the UK? Did you install the KVW100?
No and No - I come from the land downunda! We are right hand drive like the UK, by the way.

Have not installed yet - just wondering about the alarm deactivation as per my question above.

Just trying to get my head around how it would work in practice on my car before I get it. I love the idea of winding my windows down before I get it the car - gets up to 40 degrees in summer here.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the info 20IndigoBlue02

I might have to go with the DOS mod as I have the 799 B module, judging by mickyTDI's posts above.

Looks like this module does not have as many features either as the C version.

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
tongsli said:
Send an email to the KVW-guy and ask him if he's tested it on a G CCM. I wouldn't do it if he hasn't tested it.

Lito
Asked the KVW guy and he told me that he had never seen a "G" CCM so I should just try it and see if it worked and let him know!!! :eek:

AidyBee

TDI
2002 Golf GTi TDi 150
Occams_Razor said:
Asked the KVW guy and he told me that he had never seen a "G" CCM so I should just try it and see if it worked and let him know!!! :eek:
Yeah, that healthy attitude from VAGProduct has left 5 B-modules dead in the UK... I'd strongly advise following Lito's advice and using PC.

Our work to get VAGproduct to help us repair the toasted B-modules isn't exactly going well - would be terrible for G-modules to follow the same path.

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
I've just recoded UK spec Bora/Jetta 1C0 959 799 B 6G kom... HL 0003 CCM today. These are the values before and after
Memory Address / old value / new value
04361 / 72 / 64
04362 / 72 / 64
04363 / 72 / 64

it works a treat !!!!
and the alarm works stiil and also the remote boot pop and everything work as before the recoding

How to control the windows
Hold on "lock" windows roll up

Hold on "unlock" windows roll down with the hold when release the button , widows roll down stop

Lito I did try to substract only 4 from each of the values. When I did that, there was no autowindow function available at all, from the fob / lock

Ray