Auto parts cleaning services in the GTA

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Anyone know of any shops in the GTA that will clean out the EGR valve body and intake manifold? I have the dirty ones off my car as spares. I've cleaned an intake myself recently and it's very messy, so just want to see if there are any shops that can do it. Let me know. Thanks.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi

Some people have had success with this type of apparatus, some have not. I think it also depends on what type of solvent you use to clean the part. I have heard a lot of positive results with CLR, compared to other types of solutions. This would probably work sell for your EGR part, but you'd have to build a bigger contraption for the intake manifold.

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Fire.

Something makes me think you've seen this done before...
Yes Adam, I have ;). I remember that you used a torch to burn out the deposits in the intake manifold. I can't remember how the EGR valve body was cleaned. It's this part that I want to get cleaned out. The replacement that I bought was cheap and not OEM. After some use, it now leaks the black oil vapor slightly from the front vent hole. That's why I want to get my original one cleaned up and install that as it didn't leak, it's just badly clogged. It looks like it's supposed to be cleaned by scraping/parts cleaner. I don't think using a torch for cleaning is a good idea for this part. :confused:

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Yes that's what I thought too. I've called our club's friend Perjad at Precision about the situation. He's provided me a reasonable estimate to clean and install my original OEM one. I'll be getting it done soon. Thanks.