Austin area project day

mslaptoptx

TDI
03 Jetta ALH, 01 ALH Golf 2 Door
Hey all - anyone in the Austin/Central TX area interested in getting together once a month for a "car project" day? Was thinking we could pick different mods or maint projects and get together and share tools and experience. Projects that could be done in an afternoon like the clear fuel line mod, or doing boost leak checks. There are a gazillion small projects we all do on our cars ( or would like to but aren't sure how to) that could be done as a group.
Great opportunity to see what others have done to their TDI's

I'm in Round Rock and have pretty nice shop setup and a VagCom. Been building race motors - both auto and motorcycle for 45 years

Send me a message if you're interested

revoltrise

TDI
74 Porsche 914 ALH
Yes please.

Is there still any interest in something like this? I work for a shop on Burleson Rd/183 by the airport who would love to host if ya'll are serious.
We'd have to move a few of these junks outside to make room, but I don't mind :)

kzoc

Veteran Member
TDI
97 A3 Jetta 1.9 TDI, and 6 Volvo's!
I'd be interested in this... I live South, so Burleson/183 would be great for me. The North locations/people would take a little planning by me...

mslaptoptx

TDI
03 Jetta ALH, 01 ALH Golf 2 Door
I'm still up for this even if it starts small. Pick a time and place and lets do it. Theres a great little coffee shop, Cuppa Austin on the Round Rock/Austin line (Parmer Ln & 620) that would work.
Anyway let me know what you all think.
Mike

Diesel Man

TDI
2013 Jetta Wagon TDI
I am new to Texas. Just moved to Boerne from SC. Was in a local TDI club there. I would definitely be interested in a get together.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I think he and his wife have some health issues as well to contend with. I think I have his number and I will call him to check.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
What is a boost tester? I am only a few blocks away from him. I have one of those boost batteries if that is what you are talking about.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
What was I thinking? Makes sense.
It was late and these don't come to mind unless you are having boost issues.

When I was rebuilding my Jetta, I made one out of old parts, silicone hose and PVC pipe to diagnose my boost system. Mike asked if I had one since he wants to check his boost path. I can put it on the turbo inlet hose and close off the breather puck hose and pump up the boost piping and check for leaks. Pretty handy.