Aussie Golf V PD owners

Joshinthecity

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Golf C'fortline 1.9 TDI 6-speed
Is it just me, or have you found that the plastic shroud inside the fuel flap prevents venting AND the use of the large diesel fuel pump nozzles?
Josh.

Flametamer

TDI
Two 2004 TDI PD one w/Sirius. 2001 VT1100 Shadow. 2007 R1200S.
We use the truck stop which use large nozzles..... no problems you just have to pump slow, but nozzle fits in Canada

Joshinthecity

Veteran Member
TDI
Am I seriously the only Australian Golf V PD owner on this site? Amazing....

Josh.

Joshinthecity

Veteran Member
TDI
Have either of you .au guys done a mod to allow the big pump nozzles in your PD ?
J.

Tdidaryl

TDI
Golf, 1996 & 2005, White
Joshinthecity
No your not the only one hear. We have three tdi's in our family, two Mk III's and the lastest addition is the 2.0L DSG just taken delivered.

What sort of mileage are you getting? Currently the 2.0L DSG is way behind the MkIII's in this area.

Joshinthecity

Veteran Member
TDI
Joshinthecity
No your not the only one hear. We have three tdi's in our family, two Mk III's and the lastest addition is the 2.0L DSG just taken delivered.

What sort of mileage are you getting? Currently the 2.0L DSG is way behind the MkIII's in this area.
Worst full tank so far (in 6,000klm) was the 2nd tank in the car at 6.0l/100klm
Best so far was 4.9l/100klm. amazing really. I love this car.

Josh

erickordt

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI Mk 3 1996 White, Golf TDI Mk 5 2005 White
Daryl,

Around town after having driven my parents 1.9L TDI with DSG on the same daily commute as my mark III 1.9 TDI with manual I have found on the open road the new Golf is slightly better on fuel (about 0.5 - 1 L/100km). Around traffic however I have found the reverse to be true (the old Golf is about 0.5-1 L/100km better). I think the lack of 6th Gear on the road hampers the old Golf whilst the extra weight and DSG seems to impact on the new Golf in stop start traffic. So - I know it sounds weird - it really depends on the type of cycle you are travelling (City = Old Golf, Country = New Golf).

Eric in Australie
1996 Golf Mk III TDI
2005 Golf Mk V TDI avec DSG

Tdidaryl

TDI
Golf, 1996 & 2005, White
Erickordt
The car has so far been strictly HWY cycle at constant 112k/hr. I live in a remote area. I get between 4.8 and 5.3 litres/100km from my MkIII City or HWY cycle.

As far as the 2.0L is concerned I have 7.3L/100Km from the first tank. Havent done the second yet.

erickordt

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI Mk 3 1996 White, Golf TDI Mk 5 2005 White
Erickordt
The car has so far been strictly HWY cycle at constant 112k/hr. I live in a remote area. I get between 4.8 and 5.3 litres/100km from my MkIII City or HWY cycle.

As far as the 2.0L is concerned I have 7.3L/100Km from the first tank. Havent done the second yet.
Thats not to bad. Over the past 60,000 km based on my log book I've acheived an overall average of 5.1 L/100km. The only thing that really annoys me about this car is the lack of ABS. I've wrecked 2 sets of Pirelli tyres already by some idiots on the road not looking and forcing me to apply the brakes hard and suddenly. This causes the tyres to flat spot and then make horrible vibrations in the car (this results in new tyres having to be purchased - expensive).

Eric in Australie
1996 Golf Mk III TDI
2005 Golf Mk V TDI avec DSG

lea

TDI
2005 2.0 tdi dsg white vw golf
Im sure i will love mine if they fix the stalling...and the yellowing under bonnet near headlights
has got me a little confused....

davidm66

I'm a complete newbie here, so please excuse me if I'm asking a dumb question, but can someone explain how this works?

Turbo Diesel Innovations
http://www.tdi.com.au/

Advantages
• Up to 30% power & Torque increase across the entire RPM range
• Increased fuel economy
• Adjustable - not all vehicles perform the same, regardless of identical manufacture
• Plug & Play installation, quick 15-30 minute installation, vehicle can be quickly returned back to stock
• Full manufacturers warranty back-up & 3 year product warranty
• Money back guarantee
• National Dealer support & telephone help contact line
• Transferable to similar model vehicles - protect your investment!
• Tested in Australian conditions & for Australian Fuels
http://www.tdi.com.au/tdi_advantages.html

::. VW Diesel Golf Video
See the video of our latest dyno testing on VW's new generation 2 litre turbo diesel Golf. The actual dynograph is shown below.
http://www.tdi.com.au/tdi_video_feature.html

saboteur

TDI
2009 Golf 2.0 TDI
Hi David,

Just going from what I've read on here... I'm guessing it's either a tuning box (piggy back from ECU to sensors) or a reflash of the fuel/boost maps. These things usually dump more fuel and/or run more boost. Not sure what it does to reliability though.

Cheers,
Tim