Audi TT 1,8T 180HP>1,9/2,0TDI ??HP......

jos_br

TDI
Audi TT>TDI
I've build an ASZ engine (2,0l) into an Audi TT. I did want to build a special engine with a larger turbo (Audi 3.0tdi),nozzles (Fratelli PP783Race),etc.....

Some pics,
The car,

The engine,

No engine,

Old engine,

New engine,

Intercooler,

Exhaust like a TDI,

And today with a runnung car,

Jos.

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
seat sport intercooler? I have one of these for sale!

Ryan

MunchausenDrive

Veteran Member
TDI
None... yet
Scott_DeWitt said:
Not a problem, I bring them over regularly.
Ok, then i wish for the money, time, tools and skill to do the swap that the OP was able to make.

Beautiful swap, and beautiful car.:cool:

tub_rib

TDI
Golf MK3 110cv
Hi

I have a question what did you have to do with the electrical instalation?
What did you have to change??

regards

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
ttqtdi said:
Sweet! is this AWD or FWD?
You've seen this post here on attempts. The Haldex wiring system and sensors are a little disastrous if you don't have a donor from a 130-Golf/Bora 4-motion in europe. The swap is basic at that point, including stalks and stuff. The hang up is always the cluster and getting those icons to work correctly [glow plug etc]. If you source out a 4-motion [Haldex MKIV] it's the least resistance to your path.

BrianCT

jos_br

TDI
Audi TT>TDI
The motor is still running well and i have placed another turbo. Last tuesday I drove the car on the TT circuit in Assen. The brakes have been replaced by brakes of a Golf R32 front and back (334 mm front, 256 mm back) and light weight wheels (team dynamics) with Continental Sport Contact 3 (225/40r18). Here are some pictures.

And a dynoresult,

Jos.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
You've done extremely well. I see your shop can perform complete hi-po rebuilds too. You're a serious enthusiast to say the least.

Nice job.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
What turbo do you have fitted? Any other modifications? 250WHP is impressive! was that with the haldex disabled?

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
ryanp said:
What turbo do you have fitted? Any other modifications? 250WHP is impressive! was that with the haldex disabled?
It's FWD.

jos_br,

Could you give us some info concerning the transmission used in this project? You did use a transmission mated for the diesel engine right? It's a manual or auto and how many speeds and what type of clutch [if manual] did you upgrade to handling that power.

Appreciate it.

Brian

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Id assume the standard pd130 6 speed O2M was used, normally FMH code?

jos_br

TDI
Audi TT>TDI
I have used the standard pd 6speed (ERF) transmission with the organic plate (standard) and SRE clutch. Turbo is an hybrid one (bigger than 2260). I have also placed an external oil cooler, bigger radiator, 70 C thermostat, extra fuel cooler. Car is running very well after 5000km and we have also driven it on the TT circuit in Assen (holland). The oil, water and exhaust temperatures stay well within the limit.

Jos.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
so it seems a PD while in first post it says ASV? changed your mind? :D do you have more specs on the wheels in that turbo? looks like bv50, but probaly bit different wheels inside..?

jos_br

TDI
Audi TT>TDI
Rub87 said:
so it seems a PD while in first post it says ASV? changed your mind? :D do you have more specs on the wheels in that turbo? looks like bv50, but probaly bit different wheels inside..?
AAi:confused: , small mistake, i´ve changed it.....(ASZ)

The BV50 is replaced by an modified 2260V and this is the result,

Also some other brakes by Brembo.

Jos.

jos_br

TDI
Audi TT>TDI
Rub87 said:
what is modified to the 2260vk?
Don´t no exactly, FIN-Turbo has made the modification. Turbo has a better spool up, but there´s too much smoke now with this program.

Jos.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
I had 120hp at 2000rpm with my stock 2260vk.. did they use a bigger compressorwheel or...?

jos_br

TDI
Audi TT>TDI
Audi TT 1,8T 180HP>1,9/2,0TDI ??HP...... and a new one(Golf V)

I have bought a new racingcar for fun. It is a Golf V (ex) endurance build by VW motorsport Poland. Car is a little bit damaged, bur complete. The engine is the BKD 2.0 16v tdi with 6 gearbox.

This car is just for trackday´s and to learn to drive on circuits. I will place another Fin turbo, bigger nozzles, intercooler and JD Engineering software. The rest of the car is very good prepared as a racingcar, 355mm (ATE)brakes, Sachs SRE suspension, Eibach springs, Ball bearing for wishbone suspension etc..

Next week the damaged parts will be spraypainted.

Jos.

CharlieT

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi TTqTDI, B4V, B5.5V, '12 NMS SEL
And a new 2,0 16v tdi engine for the Audi TT,
Very nice :D:D
You seem to manage to stay one step ahead of me.. my BEW just went in last night, I am having a few exhaust/transfer case nightmares right now... hope to find a solution this week.

How much power is that 16v making ?