Audi Q7 Custom Downpipe and Exhaust 3.0 TDI

jebbadee

TDI
Q7 & Cayenne
Jebba's Q7 TDI Ownership Log - Audi Q7 Custom Downpipe and Exhaust 3.0 TDI

Getting this downpipe and exhaust installed.
[/IMG]

Last edited:

jebbadee

TDI
Q7 & Cayenne
Hey, thanks! I'll be running a similar tune that Huskies2710 has. Having the shop do a custom ECU and TCM tune. With just the 3" turbo-back exhaust and no tune the Revs feel quicker above 3,000 rpm. I'll post the dyno when I get the Q7 back. Still trying to figure out how to post all these pictures. Is it because I'm a new member I'm not allowed to post pictures?

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 -- 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI
Hey, thanks! I'll be running a similar tune that Huskies2710 has. Having the shop do a custom ECU and TCM tune. With just the 3" turbo-back exhaust and no tune the Revs feel quicker above 3,000 rpm. I'll post the dyno when I get the Q7 back. Still trying to figure out how to post all these pictures. Is it because I'm a new member I'm not allowed to post pictures?
Not getting a tune?

Check out this image. Then go to imgur and upload the picture to your imgur.com profile. After its uploaded go to EDIT image. Once the image is up, click the drop down V. Click share links. Copy the BBCode (Forums) url and hit the insert image button above and insert the url. Done.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

jebbadee

TDI
Q7 & Cayenne
Thanks Huskies2710! I guess we have different transmission control modules. The shop is still working things out with tuning the TCM.

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 -- 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI
Let them take their time. Are you deleting as well? I haven't been able to catch up and read your whole setup.

Side note, you can also edit the image size lol.
Go to edit image and the pixel density should pop up on the right side

[/IMG]

DieselDeeds

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 TDI S-Line + Black Optics Package
For some reason I can’t see any pics posted in this forum post except for the new turbo you posted [emoji2955]What turbo did you order from Darkside?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jebbadee

TDI
Q7 & Cayenne
I had issues with the original turbo and decided to upgrade to the Darkside GTD2872VRZK. It will be tuned with a staged 3 custom tune from Malone.

DieselDeeds

Veteran Member
TDI
Oh nice! I have been back and forth communicating with Darkside about getting that turbo or not. Did you upgrade fuel pumps to the cp3? Or are you sticking with the stock pump?

jebbadee

TDI
Q7 & Cayenne
For now I'll be using the upgraded meter valve for the CP4. I'll be changing the injectors and converting to a cp3 pump at 150,000 miles. Ending goal I want to have is about 400hp at the wheels.

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
For now I'll be using the upgraded meter valve for the CP4. I'll be changing the injectors and converting to a cp3 pump at 150,000 miles. Ending goal I want to have is about 400hp at the wheels.
What exactly is the upgraded valve meter?

DieselDeeds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jebbadee,

Did you complete the turbo swap and if not, what’s your time frame looking like? I’m curious about the numbers you’ll make and very curious about the torque curve and at what RPM you’ll really feel your turbo (considering it’s a larger turbo than the stock one).

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
What year Q7 do you have? I looked at doing CP3 upgrade to mine but they moved it to the back of the engine and I dont think its gonna clear the intake like it would on the Gen1 TDI with it on the front of the engine.. so metering valve looks like only way to get a more fuel.. not sure I wanna go stage 3 it if I cant get close to 400hp.

@Pittdawg https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/cp4-hpfp-metering-valve-upgrade.html

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Have you installed this yet? Any review you could provide?