Audi A4R4 450HP CBEA (CR) Build

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
Many have been contributing to the CP 4.2 Bosch pump retro project. We are all thrilled you are back into your project Syncro!!!
Please back us up a bit......your rear suspension looks very serious!!!
Those tires look huge!!!
Certainly looks like shortened half shafts, special hub carriers, where in the heck are the springs / struts???
Must be some creative clearancing work!!!
Awesome!!
If you decide to run a CP4.2 pump, the Euro Ford pumps we all have seem to be missing the inlet and return line fittings.
I made up a bunch of fittings, here's a sneek peek!!
Basically a copy of the 2Microntech barbs.
Probably put a couple oring grooves on the next batch!!
All the best,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew. :)
I will tell a little bit about the rear suspension. I made use of upper and lower control arms from Audi A6, along with the hubs. These are connected to a custom subframe. The arms sit parallel to the road at this low ride height. The old wheel wells are gone and tub'd with aluminum. Coilovers with a custom spring rate, custom axles, the tires are a cheap sumitomo 315 rubber for set-up. WIll move to a good quality race tire after I peel these off. :D

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
What ford pump are you guys using? Any reason to prefer them over the vag v6 pumps?

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
It's a Duramax pump, they were like $80 on ebay brand new! lol

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
Dry sump adapter for filter mount complete.

I also had this other version made for Sean (V8coup) at the same time. It is an adapter for remote mounting the oil filter.

Finalizing the geometry for a custom bracket to mount the Moroso 3 stage pump. I have my pulley and belt purchased. Custom crank spindle for the driver pulley is close to done.

Bought a breather assembly and the dry sump tank with heaters.

I got a little bit of rework on the oil pan done. The first shop botched it up a bit. The second shop fixed up a few problems, several in workmanship, and one small flaw in my design. :p Should have pictures in a couple weeks.

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
2.0 TDI CR SWAP ALWAYS FOR SALE
built the long block last spring. here are a few of the steps.
was going to design/build custom piston coolers, opted for customizing the existing ones. Here you can see I am adjusting the angle of it to properly line up with my piston selection.

Piston clearance notches for oil squirts need opening up a fair bit. Had to readjust the weights of all the pistons after this.

Testing for alignment and clearances. A failed piston cooler = catastrophic engine failure.

fresh paint. no fancy colours.

Dry Sump Oil Pan - in progress picture. It is complete now. Will get pictures some day soon.
Cool work!

What paint is that? I'd love to use it for a project

Greg

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
ok. Oil pan eye candy. It is not perfect...still has some cuts and such that need to be worked on but it is looking pretty good. It will get installed next week. Nice to get the engine sealed up finally.

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
Even though there is not alot of oil in this pan i am not so sure you want the Turbo oil returns that low.....
In my mind, there are two scavenging pumps pulling from the pan so there will be no oil accumulation. The pan should also be under some negative pressure.

You are concerned about the oil not draining from the turbos properly?

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
That paint is probably not meant for aluminum, hence the cracking.
that is a very good point. :)

Paint is the least of my worries right now too. I have to come up with a drive system to run the HPFP on a separate belt. 2micron has been helping me with some ideas. :cool: I already have the dry sump pump being driven by an outboard HTD pulley set-up but did not want my HPFP also being driven from this outboard pulley. Too much overhung load. I think I need an ALH accessory bracket to try with my set-up. They have the steering pump and A/C lower right on engine and then the alternator is above these but to lower right of the VE injector pump mounting point. Does anyone have one for cheap for test fitting?

jjordan11

Veteran Member
TDI
1988 Audi 80 quattro PD130, 1982 Westfalia TDI
I may have one you can have, I'll check in my stash. I'll PM you tomorrow.

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
I got one.

Oooops, I just realized I have an ALH engine accessory bracket. You work on the newer stuff. I am not sure it's compatible.

Last edited:

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
I got one.

Oooops, I just realized I have an ALH engine accessory bracket. You work on the newer stuff. I am not sure it's compatible.
Actually that is what I am looking for. I got the PM. 2micron (Andrew) is doing work with me on this. He is close to you so perhaps you could mail the bracket to him. its is much appreciated. :)

1972SS454

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 99.5 Jetta TDI
I dont remember it being mentioned here, but were you already planning on plugging the balance shaft module oil feed hole? I have been comparing engine block photos of BRM to BHW and CBEA to CJAA.... It appears the BSM feed hole will need to be plugged on CBEA block, just like when accomplishing the BSM delete on the BHW.

Sorry if this had already been mentioned.

Last edited:

1972SS454

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 99.5 Jetta TDI
Something else caught my eye in a photo you previously posted. What is the hole in picture by the yellow arrow? That hole isnt there on the PDs or CJAA.

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
I dont remember it being mentioned here, but were you already planning on plugging the balance shaft module oil feed hole? I have been comparing engine block photos of BRM to BHW and CBEA to CJAA.... It appears the BSM feed hole will need to be plugged on CBEA block, just like when accomplishing the BSM delete on the BHW.

Sorry if this had already been mentioned.
I did block the holes with the girdle plate. I cant recall what that hole was for. If I think of it I will let you know.