Audi A3 TDI is here

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
Hi all,

Firstly sorry for my absence for almost a year......

Just wanted to share the fact that Audi A3 TDI is here, pretty every dealer in Canada got few........

Starts from $36000 pretty base car with S-Tronic [sorry mo manual], the one that would like to have will cost $42000:eek: , no quattro either.

S-Tronic is Audi's version of DSG.

You can build one at www.audi.ca and go check it out at Audi dealers.....

I personally think its over priced as you can get a comfortline Toureg TDI for another 7k.

Not paying 15k more for MK6 Golf TDi with different clothes on it..sorry.

But still thought maybe I share it here.

Atif

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Yeah, no quattro was bad.... No 6spd is a deal killer..

And it's gotta offer something over the Golf for the additional 15k, which it doesn't.

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
If anyone is going to get a A3 TDI, i would strongly ask them to drive the 2010 Golf TDI first. There is a reason why there is so many A3's in the dealerships and not many Golf TDI's. Golf has the 6gen chasis and its a lot better and quiter ride. A3 might give you dual zone climate, but as you said 15K more is not right!

actually its not 15K, Golf TDI highline with DSG is 32K, but still i would go with the Golf.

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
i know the audi should be up scale, but without AWD it doesn't make sense why it cost so much

not to mention a golf wagon is bigger and can be had with 6spd and it's the same motor

if i get a company car next year, it will be a golf wagon, too bad the touareg tdi is out of my price range

chaloux

Veteran Member
TDI
96 A6 Avant TDI Quattro, 04 Jetta Wagon
No quattro = worst mistake in the world. An AWD TDI would have been my next car, and I'm not bringing one over from EU. Tourag? :(

Audifail.

CmdrData

Veteran Member
North of 401, where the snow double/triple up!
TDI
2001 Golf - used to
Why would I buy an Audi without quattro?? Just like bimmer, they advertise it as the ultimate driving experience, as for Audi, it is their quattro system. No matter what engine an Audi comes with, I will never buy one without quattro PERIOD.