Audi A3 Dieselgate -- Info

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI S-Line, 2005.5 Jetta TDI (BRM) 6MT (02Q)
I finally received a final offer yesterday. So I got that notarized and submitted as fast as possible. Now the wait for the appointment approval I suppose.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
If I wait until March and don't drive more than 2400 miles then I'll get an additional $500 more in my buyback amount... eh, might as well :)

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
If I wait until March and don't drive more than 2400 miles then I'll get an additional $500 more in my buyback amount... eh, might as well :)
I'm not willing to risk something happening to the car, either mechanical or damage wise that would jeopardize my buyback. The money is too good and since I already have the replacement the A3 is just sitting.

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
I did, my appointment is on 12/28. I have some parts to take off of it before then. If anyone is interested in a full exhaust, please let me know. I have one. :) Imported from England.

It was great being here with you guys. I'm off to Mk5 BRM land. The last 1.9 TDI before scandal engines. Man is it slow. lol.

ChinaBob

TDI
2016 BMW 328d x-drive; 2015 Audi A3 TDi
Congrats! Mine is tomorrow. Did you do the paper check or EFT?
I did the EFT. I thought about the paper (nice to hold a check that big in my hands, even if just for a little while) but the VW instructions said that if an adjustment has to be made to the amount, it would delay getting my money for a few weeks while they cut another check.

Note: when the EFT is ready they send you an email from Chase Bank that links you to a page where you set up the transfer. Got my email a few minutes ago and set up the transfer already. That's only about 36 hours after I turned in the car. I should get the money in my account by early next week.

Another note: just got an email from Berman, the lawyers involved, that said a lot of the buybacks are being delayed because they are trying to process 750,000 claims! (I thought "only" 480,000 cars were involved, but whatever ...) I am guessing, based on exactly nothing, that I got my claim handled early because there are a lot fewer Audi's than VWs to process. May all other A3 owners have similar luck.

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
Well, it's official! Had my appointment this morning. Met with the rep, she looked at the car and checked the mileage, then it was a couple of quick signatures and I was done.

I had some money left over on my dealer card, so I bought a few items and gave some hats to my service guys who have been awesome the past few years.

Dropped the insurance coverage as of today. Looking forward to getting my deposit :D

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
Glad to hear guys. Sadly I have parts to sell that no one will buy LOL.

My appointment is this coming Weds. I'll be using my full $500 there that day as well.

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
Got my deposit email on Monday night. I set up the transfer and it was in my account Tuesday morning. Not bad!

So it's officially over. I'll still pop in from time to time to check in, but you probably won't hear from me too much.

Good luck to everyone with their buyback!

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
Returned my car in today. Bittersweet, but with the DSG issues I suffered, I was ready. Now I have a few bit of aftermarket goodies to sell, that no one will want/need.

I now await my email and EFT.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Thanks, yea it's a great car. I've been a single man my whole life and now I'm getting close to getting married and need to buy a larger house and the other vehicles I absolutely need, so the A3 more than likely will have to go. It's a bummer
So we never heard anything else from him on whether they accepted it or not?

PBSF

TDI
Audi A3
Returned the Audi last week with almost brand new Michelins fitted to it at our
local VW spot and they had zero interest in granting me the $1K loyalty discount
towards an E-Golf. My Audi is recalled because of the VW diesel motor, my check is from VW, and we are doing the transaction at the VW dealership at your request. Nice.

CoastalGuy

TDI
2011 Audi A3
Well my appointment (12/20)to turn my car in came and went. My HPFP failed before the turn in date. Audi requires that the car be running when turned in even thought the court order does not. Any one ever try just replacing the HPFP only? I am thinking that it only needs to run for one day. Suggestions?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Yes, the court order does require that the car be "operable," i.e., able to move under its own power.

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
Well my appointment (12/20)to turn my car in came and went. My HPFP failed before the turn in date. Audi requires that the car be running when turned in even thought the court order does not. Any one ever try just replacing the HPFP only? I am thinking that it only needs to run for one day. Suggestions?
You have over 120k miles I'm guessing?

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
So... I turned my car in on 12/28/16 and received my restitution payout on 1/3/17... however, my private load TD Auto still exists. I had to make another payment on it. There are no records of any loan payoff by anyone.

What's going on here? What should I do?

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
Nope, according to the letter I received, they only paid me the restitution amount. It specifically showed that they were going to pay X amount of dollars to my lender. It was itemized, line by line.

:(

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
Hmmm maybe something got messed up and they thought there was no leinholder? Happened that way with my truck and the bank never noticed that I had title in hand.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Hmmm maybe something got messed up and they thought there was no leinholder?
No, he just said he got an itemized statement indicating an amount to be paid to his lienholder. It seems to be taking, on average, about two weeks to get loans paid off. Yes, that's longer than the settlement allows too--what isn't in this process?

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
No, he just said he got an itemized statement indicating an amount to be paid to his lienholder. It seems to be taking, on average, about two weeks to get loans paid off. Yes, that's longer than the settlement allows too--what isn't in this process?
Well that is good to know. Better to know that I don't have a car and still have to pay for it ;) BTW, I swapped the A3 sports seats with the seats in my Mk5. :eek:

R

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Switching the seats might create problems for you. Good luck.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Probably none- but it appears some have had their EFT funds withdrawn. He also hasn't received full payment yet.