Atlanta area members with a Vag Com?

midairmark

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
Hello everyone, I've tried to contact some VW folks on the Vortex map that are on the VAG Com list to no avail. Is there anyone near Atlanta or preferably near the Airport I could use their VAG COM? I just need to adjust my fuel IQ as I have the dreaded low speed stutter happening. As the outside temp cools down, it gets worse. I've had the auto to manual swap done and have the manual injectors, so I need to raise the IQ number. Closest guru is about 2 hours away.

I have an 01 Jetta so not sure exactly the model of VAG COM I need.

Thanks,
Mark

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
I have a Micro CAN, was going to offer to meet up,but it wont work for an 01. I may be upgrading soon, if you can be patient until i do.

Zambee500

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS, 2014 NMS Passat TDI SEL Premium
Is there anyone near Atlanta or preferably near the Airport I could use their VAG COM? I just need to adjust my fuel IQ as I have the dreaded low speed stutter happening. As the outside temp cools down, it gets worse. I've had the auto to manual swap done and have the manual injectors, so I need to raise the IQ number. Closest guru is about 2 hours away.
Have you tried Roger Feldt? He's in Fayetteville. Contact details on the Trusted Mechanics list in the sticky in 101.

midairmark

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
Ill give him a try Zambee.

ATLSilver - Let me know when you update your system.

Thanks

cbman18j

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta TDI (First Diesel)
I will be driving thru next Monday headed to savannah and may be able to stop for a few minutes to help you out.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Troy Sentz works at the airport, you could probably meet up with him. PM me if you need his number...

Or PM him: TNTKNC

midairmark

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
Thanks for all the heads up. I've Pm'd one member here so far, is not that far away. Ill try TNTKNC next. If I don't hear back, CBMAN18j, do you mean the 24th? Where will you be cruising through? I could meet up somewhere near your route. Is your system portable or do you need electric to plug into?

cbman18j

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta TDI (First Diesel)
No need for power if I charge my laptop first. I have to go to Jim Ellis VW off Peachtree Industrial on my way back home for about an hour then I usually head down 285 to 675 to Macon then to Savannah.
I was there 17th and will be there on the 24th unless something catastrophic happens between then and now.
Thanks for all the heads up. I've Pm'd one member here so far, is not that far away. Ill try TNTKNC next. If I don't hear back, CBMAN18j, do you mean the 24th? Where will you be cruising through? I could meet up somewhere near your route. Is your system portable or do you need electric to plug into?

Last edited:

midairmark

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
CB, I could meet you somewhere near Stockbridge.. Ill PM you

Last edited:

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
I'm up in Northern Gwinnett county if you want to make the drive up. I work in Roswell during the day and you are welcome to meet me there as well. Let me know.

midairmark

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
Thanks everyone for the willingness to help! I met up with Chris during his route and we got it set pretty good. She runs smoother now and a lot less black smoke if I get on it. Most importantly, no slow down stutter :)

Thanks again Chris

dferdy

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
4x 2006 Jetta TDI 3DSG & 1 5 Spd2005 passat SW TDI, 2004 Passat TDI, 2002 Jetta, 2005 Golf, 2002 Jetta 1991 GMC Topkick 6.6 Catipillar
Marietta GA VagCom and full automotive shop.

Just thought I would mention my services.

I have a shop in Atlanta. It's located at 4355 Shallowford Industrial Pkwy Marietta GA 30066.
www.ferdinandautorepair.com

We do everything on your Diesel or Gas powered automobile. Yes we have VagCOM:)

Douglas Ferdinand
770-560-1436