Assistance in picking up a daily turbo

georgemilev

TDI
1.9 tdi BLT
Hello All,

First post here! I am having a hard time to pick a turbo for my Fabia VRS 1.9 TDI BLT. Atm i have 1752 with decat and 51 mm txautosport cooler. Here is what i have planned for the car:
Nozzles - WZM100%
Downpipe + exaust - 63 mm
Dbilas 272 degree cam
Sachs ZF performance clutch.

I am hesitating between gtb2060vklr and gtd2060vz. Either turbo will from PowerTDI poland. I am reading a lot of info that the GTD spools better, but is this really true? Has someone placed a graph side-by-side, because i was not able to find such.

Would appreciate any inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

George

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
vklr spools better, the v6 is a journal bearing type of turbo and spools better than a 2260vk but not as fast as vklr. Personally I like the simplicity of journal bearing turbos, on the vklr you pop a boost hose it’s bye-bye turbo !

georgemilev

TDI
1.9 tdi BLT
vklr spools better, the v6 is a journal bearing type of turbo and spools better than a 2260vk but not as fast as vklr. Personally I like the simplicity of journal bearing turbos, on the vklr you pop a boost hose it’s bye-bye turbo !
Hey, thanks for joining in, i believe so, but a lot of people in few Facebook groups claim the opposite - gtd spools better than vklr and this is my daily driver, so the spool is also key here :)