Asheville, NC October GTG

TurbineWhine

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Platinum Grey
Hello All,

Appalachian Diesel Works will be sponsoring a GTG on October 15th at my house. Rocketchip has committed to be with us on Saturday. Send Daniel of ADW a PM (DGTDI) with your needs for tuning so he can keep Jeff posted. This is basically a 1 day event, but all are welcome to show up Friday after 12:00 noon. There will be some "light" wrenching going on that afternoon and depending on what's in the garage, you may see Daniel struggling to get it finished and out of the way for Saturday!! We will be throwing something on the grill that evening for those that are still hanging around.

GTG Address:
255 Rhymer Road
Alexander, NC 28701

Saturday starts at 8:00 AM and we will try to get things wrapped up that evening by 9:00. Unlike past GTG's we have hosted, I am going to rule out full 4 corner suspension work. This is based on our experience at the the recent Winnsboro, SC GTG where one car ended up on the lift for the entire day. Yes there were problems with that one, but suspension can indeed run into problems and it isn't fair to others. Rear shocks are possible to do because they are quick. No front suspension and as always, no TB,s. Let's focus on things that often get overlooked like: brake fluid flushes, 5spd fluid changes and shifter adjustment, Automatic Transmission fluid changes, replacement of all filters, oil changes, intake cleaning, CEL diagnostics, overall vehical health inspections, ect. ADW will have many of these parts and fluids on hand for sale at cost. If you are planning on Automatic Transmission service, I recommend you bring your own supplies or PM Daniel and ask him to make sure they are available for you. Also, Peter at IDParts.com has indicated that he is definately planning on being here. If he makes it, he can bring your orders to the GTG. Check with him as the date gets near.

Not sure what we are going to do for lunch on Saturday, but I promise you won't be disappointed. More on that later.

This event has been scheduled to take advantage of the historical peak weekend for Fall color in our area. You can always find beautiful color that weekend if you change elevation. A 45 minute drive from the GTG on the Blue Ridge Parkway can take you from 2000 feet to 6000 feet elevation. Take advantage of the timing and plan yourselves a vacation and meet a bunch of fellow TDI'ers and visit with old friends. We are well in advance, so no excuses!!

Looking forward to seeing all of you in October.:D

Landon
TW

valvecrusher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat, '00 Jetta
This space for rent

Awesome!
do we get a cool spreadsheet doc thingie? to sign up our work list/help list

Aquila

TDI
*** SOLD 08-27-15***09 JSW - DSG, Nav, F1 Tint, MFSW w/paddles, APR Stage 1, Unitronic DSG flash, HAVE VCDS
This might be as close as Jeff will be to me - anyone know if he's doing '09 CBEAs?

MKIInut

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon Spice Red
On the calendar

Going to try and make it. If nothing else we can continue our BRP venture we started last year. We have made it from Cherokee to Asheville.

CalvinM

TDI
2003 Golf
I wouldn't miss it. Though this time no major jobs I promise. Though perhaps I might take on some sort of cooking endeavor. I'll send you a PM with my thoughts to see what you think.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm absolutely planning on this one. Sorry I missed DanG's but this one looks like a go.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Count me in I'm looking forward to seeing everybody again, and another GTG in Asheville.

I'm very axcited! :D

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Provided my nephew doesn't decide to be born that day...I'll be there! Asheville holds a special place in my heart!! IF I get anything done...I guess I"d just like my 5spd checked. Maybe change the fluid, these hot days have killed the fluid I think. Other than that, I think I'll just come hang out and catch up if that's alright with everyone...

Bing

TDI
03' Golf GTI tdi
Awesome Landon , I think Terrytdi and i will be caravaning up from Charleston . .I will bring a big batch of my homemade sausage for the grill . .Look forward to seeing everyone again , and meeting some new people . .

Last edited:

sccaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
96TDI Passat, 1.6 81d caddy, 86d golf, 82d rabbit, 81ALH caddy, 82 Westy
Ash GTG

Sounds like fun. I'm up for a cruise to Ashville. Anyone going through Columbia, SC. I'm near Darlington. We could all cruise up there. Let me know if interested.

earlthepearl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 New Beetle 5M, 2004 Passat 6M, 2009 Jetta Sedan (buy back), 2010 Touareg (buy back)
Sorry, wish I could make it, but working in the DC area that weekend. At any rate, Daniel will be doing a TB change on the 09 the last week of Sept. Wish I were there for an RC2. It will have to wait until the next time. Have fun!

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat wagon TDI, 99 Beetle ALH
Is this GTG strictly diesel? I'm local and currently drive a B5.5 Passat wagon, wish it was diesel but at least it's a VW :)

Timpackman

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI - 5spd, 2011 JSW 6spd Manual
will Jeff be able to tune a 2011 JSW TDI?

Either way I'll try to make it with my 04 Jetta and 2011 JSW

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Confirmed today. Eric and I will be in Missouri this day. Gotta meet up with Frank and swap shortblocks for Eric's cars. His turned out to have some problems that needs a machinist's attention.........

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Confirmed today. Eric and I will be in Missouri this day. Gotta meet up with Frank and swap shortblocks for Eric's cars. His turned out to have some problems that needs a machinist's attention.........
Amazing how someone can reach thru the internet and twist your arm.......Landon, looks like we will be there. Standard arrangements, please!

Bruce

Richrecovery

TDI
1998 VW Beetle TDI; 2002 Snap Orange; 2012 Beetle Turbo
dang...can't make it and mine could use a couple of once overs...

Have fun and hope can make next one.