ARL into a BEW car

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
hey-Hey!!!,
What is needed( aside from a little bit of knuckle blood and time ) to drop an ARL in place of a BEW? Two things so far, one being the 1.3-code injectors, and the other being the ARL turbo has not the smart actuator. I can see some EGR bits causing trouble, but the inevitable tune to remove that function is relatively easy( get rid of the mechanicals too ). Stuff like sensor compatibility is of interest...as well as other things I don't know I don't know just yet.

Instead of beefing up a BEW, I figure it is best to just start with the engine that already has the goodies.
Or am I totally smoaking crack?
cheers,
Douglas

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
jimbote, is this due to the 1.3 vs 1.1 solenoid control? I recall the numbers from the Bosch table showed the diff between ARL and BEW/BHW PD units.

Whilst contemplating all this, in the 'in for a penny, in for a pound', I am contemplating a noozled set of BEW bodies( 1043 power+ Bosio ).

All the while, I can hear my son, 'if we turn it up it will just break faster'....LOL
cheers,
Douglas

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
jimbote, is this due to the 1.3 vs 1.1 solenoid control? I recall the numbers from the Bosch table showed the diff between ARL and BEW/BHW PD units.

Whilst contemplating all this, in the 'in for a penny, in for a pound', I am contemplating a noozled set of BEW bodies( 1043 power+ Bosio ).

All the while, I can hear my son, 'if we turn it up it will just break faster'....LOL
cheers,
Douglas
what are your power goals?

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
what are your power goals?
Rolls Royce spec: Adequate.
VW beefed up stuff like piston cooling as PD1.9L power crept up by engine code. I want the OE/Stock reliability as much as I can keep, so it makes sense to beef it all up. So far my imagination is only slightly over reaching the budget. Here is to budget catching up at the same rate it has been gaining... :)
cheers,
Douglas