Arkansas TDI owners

thermographer

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 2004 Wheat/Beige with Automatic Tiptronic, ESP
I see it's been awhile since an Arkansas chime in, so I thought I would start a new one. Any new members here, where from, vag com? tools?

I stopped at the dealership in Fort Smith a couple of months ago, the TDI mechanic John said they could not keep the TDI's on the lot, that means new members.

Keep the tdiclub business cards in your wallet.

Thanks,
Kevin

btw, I have a rear brake removal tool if anyone needs one.

vman858

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 jetta
Hey Kevin,
Vince in Little Rock here, I have wheel bearing tool kit, and timing belt tools for the A3 maybe A4. If anyone needs to use.
Vince

pneuma

TDI
2006 Jetta
Ian, in Searcy. Just got a used 2006 Jetta TDI last month. No specialty tools yet. I'm still trying to find a place to get decent oil other than the dealer. :)

Ray_G

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI
Pneuma,
In Tulsa about the only place you can find the correct oil is at the dealer, nobody else carries it. It is not a matter of looking for it, it is not stocked around here. Most the PD cars I see around here the owners either get the oil at VW, or they mail order it from like tdiparts.com or other vendors. But I will say that the oil is only like .50/qt higher at VW than the mobil 1 turbo oil I run that you can find at Oreilly's. (I don't have a PD powered car so there are other options for me)

pneuma

TDI
2006 Jetta
Yup, had to go to the dealer to get it. Cost me $50 including the filter. I'm about out of warranty, though, so I think my next change may well be Rotella Synthetic 5w40.

I think Autozone can get it for $20/gal or something like that, and I'd like to be using an oil that I can get somewhat reliably on the road if I ever need a quick top off.

Thanks,

P.

Ray_G

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI
Well, you need to know about www.autohausaz.com I think they filter kit for you car is 5.88 a filter. If you order more than 50.00 worth you get free shipping. The dealers prices on filters here is rediculous. Also, if it was my car, I think I would still run the correct 505.01 oil.
Ray

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
Local oil

Ft.Smith here.
Regarding oil. I got a deal with o'reilly's to order Castrol OE 505.01 for me when I need a change. We've got a friend at OZK store and he gets me a pretty good price, $35. for 6 qts. Still order filters online, no Mann filters.
No tools as of yet, I'm trying to talk myself into a VAG-COM. But I do have a scanguage to pull codes.

Spdmini

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
How have I missed this thread?
Another Fort Smithian, or is it Smithite?
Im pretty sure Ive met Coaloilsquezer before, I was driving my 66 Mini the time I met you.

I have a 06 Jetta 5spd with 41K, its stock but I run quite a bit of bio.

keyfarms

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
2006 Jetta TDI DSG

Hey guys, Allen here in Marion, AR(near Memphis). I have a 06 jetta TDI w/ 317,000 mi on it! I try to do most of my own work. Just did the timing belt change last weekend(#3 belt change).. I use my car in my business, so I put about 100,000 a year on her.. Bought new in June of 06.. I buy my oil and filters online.. And stick to the 505.01!! These are truly great cars..

cl60drvr

TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
NW Ark here... Gravette to be exact. Just bought an '06 Jetta TDI. Long time VW fan, just haven't had one in a while (the last one I had was a G60 Corrado). No specialty tools yet, still trying to learn the TDI.

thermographer

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 2004 Wheat/Beige with Automatic Tiptronic, ESP
Bump for the Arkansas thread.

Everyone post up, even if your not mechanically inclined (referring to myself). I'll even take the surrounding States if it helps.

Cheers,
Kevin

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Ray_G said:
Pneuma,
In Tulsa about the only place you can find the correct oil is at the dealer, nobody else carries it. It is not a matter of looking for it, it is not stocked around here. Most the PD cars I see around here the owners either get the oil at VW, or they mail order it from like tdiparts.com or other vendors. But I will say that the oil is only like .50/qt higher at VW than the mobil 1 turbo oil I run that you can find at Oreilly's. (I don't have a PD powered car so there are other options for me)
I went to college in Tulsa @ TU (Go CANES!) I really miss Tulsa. I don't get up there much anymore. Hard to find decent work as an engineer there.

Check out our thread on the next DFW GTG. Try to come if you can.

DZL_WANTED

TDI
2003 VW New Beetle TDI
Seein as how only one NWA person checked in I guess I'll be number two.
I'm here to show off some Washington County pride and talk VW's with others. I currently don't own my own TDI personally, but I hope to soon I'm working my tail off trying to save up for a good down payment. My father owns a 2003 VW TDI Beetle and we bought it with 3k miles on it and it currently has 96k miles. I absolutely envy my father and want a TDI of my own one day. If you love your VW and take care of it they will last forever. Honda ain't got nothin on German Engineering.

BTW i am looking to sell my 97 Nissan 200SX SE-R (Auto). So if anyone wants a car to blow up or whatever hit me up. I'm tired of only getting 25mpg, I envy those who can hit 30mpg.

KROUT

persona non grata
keyfarms said:
Hey guys, Allen here in Marion, AR(near Memphis). I have a 06 jetta TDI w/ 317,000 mi on it! I try to do most of my own work. Just did the timing belt change last weekend(#3 belt change).. I use my car in my business, so I put about 100,000 a year on her.. Bought new in June of 06.. I buy my oil and filters online.. And stick to the 505.01!! These are truly great cars..

Are the cops still a pain in the ars there. I grew up west memphis my grandparents still live in Earle. I will be up that way in a few weeks.

TDIBound

TDI
Wanting a Beetle
Hi to all of Arkansas-Yellville here checking in with a 99 NB TDI 5 speed. Bought mine a year ago in October. I love it!

parkscorner

TDI
2010 Jetta
Another Arkansan Chimes In from Northwest Corner

@ around 8K miles, i just had my first refill with mileage <40MPG. Anybody around with VAG-Com? (I'd like to get the Premium 8 radio to use my bluetooth phone's directory).

Last edited:

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
gcsdls said:
Also, does anybody know any good TDI mechanics in Arkansas?
There is one TDI mechanic listed for Arkansas, German Auto Tech in West Memphis.

I also do mobile service work in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska & Iowa. I'm not that far from Arkansas, so if anyone needs a timing belt changed or intake cleaning, etc. let me know.

jjpackwood

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Hello! Northwest AR here. I got an 06 TDI almost a yr ago and I am coming up on needing a timing belt change. Anyone know of a someone to do it in NWA?
Also, has anyone been to NWAVW for TDI oil changes? I am skeptical. Advice?

thanks

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
Good local Mechanix

there is a local guy in Ozark, ASE cert on the imports, Europe & Asia.
Just did my 100k service with lube and filters, fluids & waterpump. Top shelf guy. He works out of his house but is pretty prompt on fixin' stuff. If interested gimme an IM.

jdross440

TDI
2002 Jetta
Jacksonville here. Had my timing belt replaced at Bob's Foreign Car in North Little Rock. He works mostly on VW's.

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
I'm going to be in north central Arkansas next week working on some TDI's, so if anyone needs some work done or a Malone/Alligator chip tune let me know.

Cheers,
Ben

KyKernal

TDI
2010 VW Jetta TDI
Biodiesel in AR?

I am traveling from Lexington to Little Rock soon. Are there any retailers selling biodiesel, or do I have to bring my own? BYOB takes on new meaning!