Are we doing a 2011 NEDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
On the way into work today I realized we're missing something, a Fall Dyno Day! Has there been any talk about this? I would actually like to get a baseline on my CDI since Sheryl's uncle told me I had to chip it. Something about it not having enough grunt over 90 mph.

***Update of interested parties, we need minimum 11***
1. SnowCub: '06 CDI
-Leo819 (will you be observing or dynoing?)
-n1das (please confirm if you would dyno)
2. Brussels Belgian: '97 Passat
-tdipoet (I see your interest but would you want to put your car on the rollers?)
3. IndigoBlueWagon '12 Golf
4. k_harley GTI
5.6.7. bostongsx (3 cars? that should be fun)

We need 4 more to even attempt to book. I have 2 friends that may go on the rollers, but I'm not going to count them. Please spread the word.

Last edited:

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
On the way into work today I realized we're missing something, a Fall Dyno Day! Has there been any talk about this? I would actually like to get a baseline on my CDI since Sheryl's uncle told me I had to chip it. Something about it not having enough grunt over 90 mph.
Thinking about chipping the '11 R350 BlueTec? :confused: :cool:

I was wondering about NEDD too. The factory warranty is already GONE on my '10 JSW. Time for Jeff (RC) to work his magic. :cool:

Last edited:

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
it WOULD be interesting to see what kind of numbers the 2011's get. i'd also love to know what chip options will be available. car is lacking in low end grunt compared to tdis of the past in my opinion.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Last I heard it's not going to happen. Only a handful of cars dyno'd last year and DSG had to keep the garage open and staffed all day. I don't think it was worth it for them.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Yeah, just chatted with btcost. Last year not enough people showed up so there were no plans to do it this year. Looks like we have 4 people that might be in so far on this thread and a friend of mine wants to do a run with his MazdaSpeed3. If more people are interested, I would be willing to look into it.

Show of hands? More interest? Get the word out folks....

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I want to run my Golf when it arrives to get a baseline before tuning. Depending on dates, I'm willing.

k_harley

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
I would dyno my GTI, very curious as to what my numbers are with the 2056.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
2012 2 door, manual transmission. Supposed to be here next week, but probably week after is more likely. And of course you're welcome to drive it.

Last edited:

whoabeats

TDI
98 RIP, 00 chugging along
I believe all the truck guys are having a dyno day not this saturday coming up but the one after at the New England Dyno. It will be all diesel already so any of you are welcome to come to that.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
I believe all the truck guys are having a dyno day not this saturday coming up but the one after at the New England Dyno. It will be all diesel already so any of you are welcome to come to that.
How do we sign up to join?

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I saw a Honda pos on route 9 this morning on my way to work that had a DSG sticker. Made me a little weepy. We need a gtg...

tdisky

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (hers)
Seriously. I'd love a NEDD, and to see you all again. The last time was at the mini-GTG at Malloy Fuel in Cumberland, RI in May 2010. Too long! I did get to meet some new TDIers (to me) Saturday in Port Jervis, NY but it'd be great to have a New England GTG, preferably with a dyno.

whoabeats

TDI
98 RIP, 00 chugging along
How do we sign up to join?
Just show up and have the money and you should be able to run. I believe the kid organizing it said $65 for 3 pulls which is the cheapest Ive ever heard of. I'll be there around 9 or 10.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
2012 2 door, manual transmission. Supposed to be here next week, but probably week after is more likely. And of course you're welcome to drive it.
And of course we would do a before and after (it gets tuned) ;-)

Jeff

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Last I heard it's not going to happen. Only a handful of cars dyno'd last year and DSG had to keep the garage open and staffed all day. I don't think it was worth it for them.
I thought they were having technical issues with the dyno last year?

I was only able to be there for a few hours last year. It seemed to me that there were a lot of people there last year but only one or two cars got on the dyno, despite there being a lot of people on the sign up sheet.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
AS said again: Note too few participants DSG has a full staff on site and the number of participante was lite.

Some one want to step up to the plate?

bostongsx

Veteran Member
TDI
06,00,91,89,87 TDI jettas
AS said again: Note too few participants DSG has a full staff on site and the number of participante was lite.

Some one want to step up to the plate?
I will pay for three spots in advance....

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
OK, I called DSG. Since last year was such a bust, they are requiring that we put a down payment to hold the date and must guarantee them at least 11 cars will be getting on the rollers. At this point we're looking at Saturdays in December. I'll update the first post with the folks that said they were interested. Please confirm that if you will definitely show up assuming we pick a Saturday in December.

bostongsx

Veteran Member
TDI
06,00,91,89,87 TDI jettas
I could bring more depending on the cost and if the neighbors dont mind open headers :)

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
OK, I called DSG. Since last year was such a bust, they are requiring that we put a down payment to hold the date and must guarantee them at least 11 cars will be getting on the rollers. At this point we're looking at Saturdays in December. I'll update the first post with the folks that said they were interested. Please confirm that if you will definitely show up assuming we pick a Saturday in December.

As an FYI even if these criteria are set, they really don't want to deal with the HUGE group of people, and 10-11 (or less) people actually using the equipment.

also, I don't think any other vendors should be there (i.e. a chip tuner)

The last few years have really just been a fundraiser for the chip tuner. I am more than willing to host an event like that at my home, but not at someone else's place of business.

Dyno Day needs to look like this: You can only show up if your car goes on the rollers. Car not getting dynoed? Stay home!

For those you may be are disappointed I am sorry. If you think you are "missing out" on getting Dynoed you are wrong. They are open 6 days a week, show up, post the results on the interwebs. .Done

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
also, I don't think any other vendors should be there (i.e. a chip tuner)

The last few years have really just been a fundraiser for the chip tuner. I am more than willing to host an event like that at my home, but not at someone else's place of business.
Interesting. I had assumed that a chiptuner was essential so folks could get a before and after tune comparison. A straight Dyno day is fine with me. Well we will see who responds to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.