Are these gains worth $125, shipped?

GulfGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS 01 Indigo
Here are a few:

GAP -- Geek's Accumulative Power mod
DGIF -- DieselGeek's Increased Flow mod

OK ... so I had to downgrade it to a couple; some of them needed A LOT more work. They just aren't rolling off the fingertips like they did for MrMetal.

AtomicSushi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Black Golf GL
The Tweak
or,
The DG Tweak

someone :"Hey, what's that cool thing there?"
Me: "Its the DG Tweak."

[ July 27, 2002, 13:21: Message edited by: Hojo ]

Getta_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002Getta, GLS, Galactic blue
I want it what ever it is!
Jim you have mail! I want to Dyno the
"DG SSD"Diesel Geek Secret Sleeper Dox

GulfGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS 01 Indigo
Everyone will want the Chia Pet mod (Can Have Increased Airflow Powerband Extension Too) ... see, look at them lining up.

DG, any magic date when you can go public with this? You've got us on the edge of our seats; and please don't say it is a secret too.

MrMetal

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Bumpity-bump... so what's the good word on this? Any more hints? Maybe a picture or two?

Comon Dieselgeek, you're killin' me

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
VERY high quality work, sonny. I like that alot! Is it similar at all to what dieselgeek is not telling us about or is this just somthing you posted?

sonnylowe

Veteran Member
Originally posted by car 54:
VERY high quality work, sonny. I like that alot! Is it similar at all to what dieselgeek is not telling us about or is this just somthing you posted?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm can't say, it's just a part on my car, like many others I've made.

Thanks for the compliment Matt

spoilsport

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver (Sold). 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon Tiptronic (daughter's)
sonnylowe:

OK, Open mouth..... insert foot! Where'd the EGR valve go ?

S

SkyPup

Great Minds tend to think alike!
LOL

I did not even bother to consult with Boundless during the developmental processes or stoop to ask for his opinion.....

spoilsport

Top Post Dawg
TDI
SP: This is not what you've been working on, is it ? I thought you were working on an electric supercharger ?

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
sonnylowe, looks like that eliminates the anti-shudder valve. you do realize that if your fuel-cutoff valve in the injection pump stops seating correctly (which has been reported here more than once...) you may not be able to shut off your engine? Or a possibility of a runaway...

-davin

S

SkyPup

Originally posted by spoilsport:
SP: This is not what you've been working on, is it ? I thought you were working on an electric supercharger ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL
, lots of things are going on around here outasight, the possibilities are indeed Boundless.

Vroom

Veteran Member
TDI
mrrobmora
Sonny,
I saw that EGR mod on your car at waterfest... Nice work. I was thinking this might be what DG is referring to. But that CCV catchcan - are you making any of these? I was going to ask you at waterfest but you were busy at the time and I never got back to you.

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
Originally posted by DavinATL:
sonnylowe, looks like that eliminates the anti-shudder valve. you do realize that if your fuel-cutoff valve in the injection pump stops seating correctly (which has been reported here more than once...) you may not be able to shut off your engine? Or a possibility of a runaway.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a very good point!

sonnylowe

Veteran Member
Originally posted by Vroom:
Sonny,
I saw that EGR mod on your car at waterfest... Nice work. I was thinking this might be what DG is referring to. But that CCV catchcan - are you making any of these? I was going to ask you at waterfest but you were busy at the time and I never got back to you.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I will be making the Catch Cans soon enough, keep an eye on my website.

DevanATL: I too am concerned a bit about the anti-shudder valve (for other reasons), but I have been running mine for sometime now with no problem at all, just a slight shake at shut down, and only sometimes. My only issue is with the EGR VagCom mod; I have been blowing MAFs left and right every sense I did it. I had the stock TDI MAF for over two years with no problem, and then did EGR mod, and starting blowing them (2.0L & TDI MAFs) out right after, I have gone through 4 in less than a month, some only lasting a day or less. I replaced all the wiring & the plug, and they still keep blowing. I have returned the setting to stock, and will see how it goes over the next week or so. I know this is off topic a bit, but you have to consider how you are going the defeat the EGR when using "The Tube", and if you really want to do without the Anti-Shudder Valve. I’m not "Boundless" by any means (I run the CCV By-Pass & EGR By-Pass), just something for you guys to think about.

SkyPup: That is one beautiful part, nice machine work, is it billet?

[ July 31, 2002, 09:00: Message edited by: sonnylowe ]

sonnylowe

Veteran Member
sonnylowe:

OK, Open mouth..... insert foot! Where'd the EGR valve go ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I could't answer this any better than SkyPup did

[ July 31, 2002, 09:03: Message edited by: sonnylowe ]

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
Hey:

The A3 and B4's don't have runaway problems and yes they use the same fuel shutoff solenoid...

Jim

Originally posted by DavinATL:
sonnylowe, looks like that eliminates the anti-shudder valve. you do realize that if your fuel-cutoff valve in the injection pump stops seating correctly (which has been reported here more than once...) you may not be able to shut off your engine? Or a possibility of a runaway...

-davin
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

S

SkyPup

Boundless has an A3, so he can check it out and report back the runaway results.

Davin has an A4, so he can report back his results with the Dawes Device.

If neither of them ever report back with their results, everyone can rest comfortably knowing that it is all still blowing in the wind....

spoilsport

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Originally posted by sonnylowe:
... My only issue is with the EGR VagCom mod; I have been blowing MAFs left and right every sense I did it. I had the stock TDI MAF for over two years with no problem, and then did EGR mod, and starting blowing them (2.0L & TDI MAFs) out right after
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope this is just coincidence, or at least something particular with SL's ride. Otherwise, the **** is gonna hit the fan!

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
Perhaps a poll to head off an error of small sample?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by sonnylowe:
... My only issue is with the EGR VagCom mod; I have been blowing MAFs left and right every sense I did it. I had the stock TDI MAF for over two years with no problem, and then did EGR mod, and starting blowing them (2.0L & TDI MAFs) out right after
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope this is just coincidence, or at least something particular with SL's ride. Otherwise, the **** is gonna hit the fan!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

JOE OLEARY

Veteran Member
Sonny and Jim
I have been running about 1 year(30K miles) now with a very Similar piece.
No problems

P.S. Jim if this is indeed the $125 mod,I dont need one.Thanks anyway
Joe

sonnylowe

Veteran Member
Originally posted by JOE OLEARY:
Sonny and Jim
I have been running about 1 year(30K miles) now with a very Similar piece.
No problems

P.S. Jim if this is indeed the $125 mod,I dont need one.Thanks anyway
Joe
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I really don't think "The Tube" has anything to do with the MAFs blowing, but I am still suspect of the EGR (VagCom) Mod. Time will tell.

PWM

Veteran Member
The original EGR doesn't seem to be too restrictive (when clean
) ..
.. AND if it still makes 4hp difference (which I still doubt
) ..
.. Then how much could be gained from those very restrictive IC tubes !?!

Any tries on the lower & upper IC tubes ? (Dynos !?)