Are PD150 injectors worth it

devon1996

TDI
08 A4 tdi swap
I have a BHW in my A4 and was wondering if it is worth a set of pd150 injectors. From what I can tell the pd150 injectors are good for 220ish whp and the bhw ones are good for like 180. I also have like piles of pd100 injectors so nozzles on some of those is an option. But the cost of getting them mounted is a bummer since you can get used pd150s from Europe for like $150

mk1chris

TDI
mk1 golf with pd130 swap ,mk5 ppd 170 bmn daily
you want either arl 150 or asz 130 injectors 130s usually come up cheaper and flow exactly the same sets come up onfb marketplace all the time for about £50-60 the postage would be quite expensive though

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Remember the solenoid code for a BHW is near-certain 1.1, and the ARL/PD150 are 1.3. I suspect a call to a solid tuner would tell you what can be done to accommodate the difference. Use google to search up TDIClub posts on the subject... :) You should also find that the PD150 injectors have a poor flow path compared to BHW, and BEW pump units; you'd be better off re-noozle-ing a solid set of BHW units.
cheers,
Douglas

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
For anything larger than the stock turbo, like a gtb1756? Yes. For a stock turbo, no. You will need tuning to account for the injector swap.

mk1chris

TDI
mk1 golf with pd130 swap ,mk5 ppd 170 bmn daily
seen pd 130/150s make 250 crank hp but thats pretty much maxxed 1749a/bv43 will make about 170-180 crank reliably any more and you need a hybrid turbo and probably other supporting mods too

devon1996

TDI
08 A4 tdi swap
I can do all the tuning my self. As far as turbo goes it's going to get compounds at some point but I want the fueling to be available from the beginning. It's looking like nozzles are really the best bet at this point. The gains from the pd150 injectors really aren't much.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
I can do all the tuning my self. As far as turbo goes it's going to get compounds at some point but I want the fueling to be available from the beginning. It's looking like nozzles are really the best bet at this point. The gains from the pd150 injectors really aren't much.
If you're going to go compounds, might as well start properly with a solid short block. As to injectors, BIG ONES, and stay away from the PD150 bodies; noozle up a set of BHW or BEW ones.
cheers,
Douglas

devon1996

TDI
08 A4 tdi swap
If you're going to go compounds, might as well start properly with a solid short block. As to injectors, BIG ONES, and stay away from the PD150 bodies; noozle up a set of BHW or BEW ones.
cheers,
Douglas
I just rebuilt the motor it's got good headbolts and what not so the bottom end will be ok with compounds. The BHW is pretty stout the rods are massive haha.