Approved!

woodentoy

TDIClub Friend
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Hooray ! Let's hope there aren't any more delays... radio died yesterday :mad:
Ours died in April and the DPF has been coded for the last 20,000 miles.
Rear view mirror fell off also. Picking up a 2017 Outback Touring on Monday.:D

Jeta Life

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto
Timing belt is due and lower right windshield crack shaped like a small hill.

This TDI may be haunted so I will refrain from any past complaints as the boogeyman which is the HPFP is lurking. I love my TDI still and am driving it very gingerly and courteously.

Facts are I cannot turn down the buyback, regardless of all the PM I just completed last summer, thing runs great and hope this settlement is in before the winter.

Just submitted my documentation on the VW claims portal online: Vehicle Registration, Government Issued ID, and back and front of Title all submitted and awaiting legal certification/verification. Nice download capability and user friendly idea to avoid faxing and documents.

Awaiting approval from VW's legal review.

fan of fanboys

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sedan
Timing belt is due and lower right windshield crack shaped like a small hill.
This TDI may be haunted so I will refrain from any past complaints as the boogeyman which is the HPFP is lurking. I love my TDI still and am driving it very gingerly and courteously.
Facts are I cannot turn down the buyback, regardless of all the PM I just completed last summer, thing runs great and hope this settlement is in before the winter.
Just submitted my documentation on the VW claims portal online: Vehicle Registration, Government Issued ID, and back and front of Title all submitted and awaiting legal certification/verification. Nice download capability and user friendly idea to avoid faxing and documents.
Awaiting approval from VW's legal review.
Yeah I am just hoping to make it to my date and I hope not to cross next mileage tier too.

My wipers stopped working months ago. Replaced headlights 3x, taillights once. I am at 587xx miles. And I have owned it for 2 years and 3 days.

Jeta Life

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto
Yeah I am just hoping to make it to my date and I hope not to cross next mileage tier too.
My wipers stopped working months ago. Replaced headlights 3x, taillights once. I am at 587xx miles. And I have owned it for 2 years and 3 days.
My collection of burnt out light bulbs in the garage is about 8 or 9 in 4 years of secondhand ownership, 80,000 miles.

And right now the small parking bulb near the headlight is out, along with P2015 (emissions related) intake manifold sticking (which has a $70 dieselgeek fix kit) I am not about to repair.

Wow you drove a lot in 2 years ! Hope all goes well for you and your TDI these next few weeks/months.

Hope for good health and problem free driving these last few drives..take it easy. :)

fan of fanboys

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sedan
My collection of burnt out light bulbs in the garage is about 8 or 9 in 4 years of secondhand ownership, 80,000 miles.

And right now the small parking bulb near the headlight is out, along with P2015 (emissions related) intake manifold sticking (which has a $70 dieselgeek fix kit) I am not about to repair.

Wow you drove a lot in 2 years ! Hope all goes well for you and your TDI these next few weeks/months.

Hope for good health and problem free driving these last few drives..take it easy. :)

Thanks! Back at you!

I did 40k of that the first year. I switched jobs and now drive under 20K miles a year, thankfully

detroitmike

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat DSG
She's been a good car but at 145,000 miles I'm anticipating a few thousand dollars in necessary maintenance soon. Dual mass flywheel has rattles. Brakes almost gone. Possible heater core issue.

I will miss the car but to keep her does not make much financial sense to me.

Check please.

Jeta Life

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto
Thanks! Back at you!
I did 40k of that the first year. I switched jobs and now drive under 20K miles a year, thankfully
Bought the TDI due to 20k miles averaged per year. In my nearly 12 years of suburban life I have logged in 240,000 miles. Take the train more now, reduced my driving in to city. Drive less, worry less.:cool:

fan of fanboys

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sedan
Bought the TDI due to 20k miles averaged per year. In my nearly 12 years of suburban life I have logged in 240,000 miles. Take the train more now, reduced my driving in to city. Drive less, worry less.:cool:
ha I wish. I do not live in part of the country where taking a train is an option. We are not that developed down in SC yet ha

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW JETTA TDI, BLACK EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR AND 6SPD MANUAL
So whats the current status of this all? Once you get the approval of your claim you get a date for the buyback and then can go in and get a check? Seems all i hear is the buybacks will start soon, and some have gotten approvals on the claims but no date for there buyback.

ccbsecu

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Executive TDi
I believe (my understanding) - a VW ambassador will soon start calling/contacting people to schedule appointments when their paperwork is approved.

You'll work with the ambassador at the dealer you initially registered for the buy back.

It's my understanding the ambassador will start meeting with TDi owners mid November.

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
To paraphrase, once your uploaded documents are approved, they send you an offer package with some things in it. You sign some of those things, get one of those things notarized, and mail those things back. Only then will appointments for buybacks or lease terminations be made available, which is done through the website, NOT through the dealership.

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW JETTA TDI, BLACK EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR AND 6SPD MANUAL
so if that's the process, what was the point before when we had to select a date for the buyback?

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Gotcha... I am up to speed now. Sorry to disrupt your day answering my question.
The date was needed to estimate the mileage. And I'm sure it wasn't the 'millionth' time.

But I was confused. I always thought beer (coers) and ice (freeze plug) went together. Guess I was wrong.

kutch

TDI
2010 JSW 6-spd
So just got approval this afternoon.
10 days for a final offer to arrive.

A letter from the dealership I'm scheduled with shows up showing one of the owners as an ambassador.

I was under the impression that no one from dealership was involved with this process?ddlddd

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
So just got approval this afternoon.
10 days for a final offer to arrive.

A letter from the dealership I'm scheduled with shows up showing one of the owners as an ambassador.

I was under the impression that no one from dealership was involved with this process?ddlddd
So you actually received approval in the mail? Is the portal still show " documents under review" or does the portal show approved status?

derekmw

TDI
2010 Audi A3 TDI Premium, 2015 Tesla Model S 70
So you actually received approval in the mail? Is the portal still show " documents under review" or does the portal show approved status?
I seriously doubt it. Based on his previous posts, it seems he finally got all the documents validated to be correct, but approval is still being determined. No one seems to get the process and keeps saying how they're getting their offer in the next 10 business days. A lot of these folks are in for a surprise when that doesn't happen...

kutch

TDI
2010 JSW 6-spd

Documents have been approved (green checks next to them) and I now see this message at the top of the screen...

"We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer, within ten business days."