Appalachian Diesel Works GTG Oct 20 AVL, NC

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
good GTG,,,,great weather, very enjoyable...
thanks Landon, Daniel for sharing your home again, it is always a pleasure attending and meeting new folks...
thanks Robbie for the "light" work
thanks Dan for the pump update...

hope to c/yall later
regards bill

rkovacs

TDI
Black 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon
Sweet ride jimbote, when you pulled up I think everyone stopped what they were doing to check you out.
Great GTG, wish I could have stayed longer.
Thanks Andrew for the awesome tune. I have to say the increase in torque from 2K to 3K is incredible.

vw_nut

Veteran Member
TDI
, 1981 VW pickup TDI Conversion, , 2000 Golf TDI,1985 Cabriolet 16V,2006 jetta
Thank you Landon and Daniel

I finally got to put faces with screen names, it was my first GTG, i enjoyed it a lot, met a lot of neat people, i hope i can make the next one, everyone was great to talk with

DG-TDI

TDI
2000 NB TDI
Thanks to everyone that came and participated today, you each helped to make it a great success and enjoyable gtg! Hope everyone enjoyed theirselves and are having a safe trip home.

A special thanks to the mechanics that came and helped, we couldn't have done it without
you!

Daniel

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Landon,

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, hope to catch you guys next time.

Daniel please PM me so I can talk to you payment for swap in and out of balanced and mapped injector work that needs to be done on my alh 03 and my PD 04. Or anyone else who is interested near Greenville SC.

Missed you guys!

TurbineWhine

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Platinum Grey
Spotted someone today in Brevard! Silver MK4 TDI with the vanity plate NVMYMPG haha.
That is a friend of mine that I worked with for about 4 years. We have worked on his car many times and the car is stone stock. The last work was a TB replacement and he is getting 50+mpg consistently since he has owned the car. He is a really good friend and a TDI nut; married to a wonderful woman and has a 2 year old son.:)

Landon

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
Great together! Great to see all the cars especially the caddy with all the work that has gone into it. I picked up a case of PBR 40's on the way home. I did not get to fill up with bioDiesel though. I passed the exit because DieselFueler and I were trying to figure out whose car was better suited for accelerating onto the interstate ;) I can't say we really figured it out.

Landon recovering from a long GTG

Caddy TDI

Corrado TDI

Last edited:

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Awesome pics guys from a great day!

Thank you, Daniel, Landon and Karen for offering your beautiful property for another perfect GTG, the weather must have been ordered well in advance. I always enjoy the great company of fellow TDI'ers especially the many regulars, it feels like a big family reunion.
Chad thanks for the quick delivery with the porta-potty, wished you could have hung out a while, wondered how the bus build is going.

Hope to see everybody at the next GTG.

jonlowe

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon, 5 speed conversion, GBSM
Had a great time at my first GTG. Thanks to Landon, Daniel, and Karen for hosting this, and thanks to all for putting up with all my questions. It was really nice being around so many knowledgeable people.

Jon from Huntsville, AL

dieselfueler

Veteran Member
TDI
04 PD100 Jetta Wagon
Wow Great GTG those of you that didnt make it (and you know who you are) were missed. As alway to was good to see old friends and meet new faces. Thanks to Karen Landon And Daniel for their, time, preparation, and hospitality.

HouptyGT to many leave watchers in the way to really test on ramp performance I had to back out before 5th gear.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Daniel, Landon, and Karen. Thanks again for the hospitality.

For those whose car I played with, thanks. Hope you made it home....;)

To the A3 driver. Synthetic, dammit!!! :D

Bruce

frederick0705

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI and 2010 TDI Cup Edition
Thanks to Appalachain Diesel Works for the GTG.

This was our first one and hope to be back next year. Thanks to everyone for answering our questions. Beautiful setting and everyone was really nice and could not ask for a better bunch of people.

Bill and Faith

TDI4all

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta 5spd
Many Thanks to Landon, Daniel and Karen for a wonderful GTG. Thanks also goes out to Bruce for your help and the doggie collar.

Daniel, thank you for getting my block off plate boost leak take care of. I now know next time to give a little extra torque when tightening the bolts.

oldschoolboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI 5-Speed
Thanks to Landon, Daniel, and Karen for hosting. Also, thank you to everyone that helped track down my rattling sound and make my first G2G a great one.

Josh (Mount Holly)

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
I am sorry I could not stick around to witness the injector testing. That looks incredible! What nozzles were being used?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
thanks for hosting this GTG it was my second year and always have a good time.We left asheville and went to Cherokee for the night then made the ride to Gatlinburg, TN on Sunday.Perfect weather for North Carolina.Thanks for all the info, it's hard to find people that love TDI's like I do.Special thanks to bruce,I gave him a hard time about all the things I do wrong to my car (like run standard grade rotella). I'm the guy with the black A3!!!!

Jayg

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Jetta 6MT-VW bought back as a lemon
That's a beautiful piece of property and looks like it was a great time!