Appalachian Diesel Works GTG Oct 20 AVL, NC

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
$65 is correct (for now)
I own a MK4, hoping to have time tomorrow to install one on it, I'm sure the 6 speed install isn't much different.

If anyone needs an immo delete I will be able to do that this Saturday.

65 bucks for a short shifter? Just making sure I read that right! How hard is the install?

Last edited:

Foxjosephi

TDI
2005 Golf
Hey all,
This will hopefully be my first GTG.....
I have a 2005 Golf and wiring harness went to the mat
Also thinking about flushing transmission, dealership said they wouldnt do it to my model
engine: BEW
Trans: GPC

I mainly just want to see some leaves and meet up with all ya'll
and some homebrew too!!!

DG-TDI

TDI
2000 NB TDI
Lunch

Hey everybody,

We will be serving barbecue sandwiches, baked beans, and coleslaw for lunch on sat at no cost. All I ask is if people could bring soft drinks of their choice to help out, I would greatly appreciate it!

Looking forward to seeing everybody!!

Thanks, Daniel

DidJettarun

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 2005.5 Jetta A4 2003 Jetta
WaHoo I am going to be able to make it....I will be over Friday evening. Do I need to bring a tent or is there room for me to stick an air mattress in the house?

vw_nut

Veteran Member
TDI
, 1981 VW pickup TDI Conversion, , 2000 Golf TDI,1985 Cabriolet 16V,2006 jetta
I was planning on coming friday afternoon but wife has to work till 4 so will start out early sat morn i cnt start to early the drive will be to pretty to not see it in the day

valvecrusher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat, '00 Jetta
needed:
B4/a3 mount
front transmission mount/engine?~ to lower radiator support
off b4 TDI or
A3 TDI only.

If anyone has one of these sitting around, and wants to bring it to the GTG, send me a PM with price, please.
$10?:)
just shoot me a private message and bring it with you..

How about anyone with a B4 regulator for power window, drivers front?
pm details, please.

thanks..

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Anybody have a operational starter laying around for a ALH 5spd they could bring to the GTG. I think mine is going. I would like to buy it.

Woodworker

TDI
2005 Passat
Darn I hate that I won't be able to make the event. We are having a special event at work and they are holding the staff hostage for the day. This sounds like a great chance to see how a B4 is suppose to run and get some feedback on what I need to do to mine.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
If anyone is interested, I have a new in box Dieselgeek Sigma 5 speed shifter. $170. E mail me or I won't bring it.
http://www.dieselgeek.com/5_Speed_VW_Short_Shifter_p/ss-sigma5.htm

I bought Lemforder Audi TT bushings to put in some spare lower control arms. I have a spare set if anyone needs them. You pay what I paid, they will be in the car with me.
http://idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=700

If I have anything else you think you need, send me a text message or E mail by Thursday nite so I can load it. PMs are shut off.

I'm teaching in London, KY Friday morn/afternoon and will leave from there. See y'all Friday evening.

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Anyone interested in a set of used 15" rims http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/wheels/15-vw-wheel-database-5x100.htm
monterey's

Is direction/ help with an injector swap possible for 03 alh if I have the new ones currently been proffesionaly balanced with new nozzles on. Have to take current ones out put new ones in have puller.

Also have an extra set of fuel hoses for the other guy who was thinking about doing them.

Also have a brand new in box Forge Front Mount Intercooler for sale, was going to put on my wife's car but have too much on my hands and her car is not going to be upgraded enough to need it. http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=260302&product=FMINTMK4PD PM me if interested.

I have one on my 04 and love it, great kit.

Last edited:

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
I have to now bow out. I'm going to need to purchase another IP or have mine rebuilt and throw a new TB on too.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Hey Terry...what is the problem with your starter?...I have an auto starter that we can rob the motor from and use your nose and drive....
Hey Jim,

It works ok most of the time, but the bendix seems to be just slightly engaging then as the motor just starts to turn the bendix kicks out. It was very sporatic but now it's becoming more frequent. I've already pulled it off about 8 months ago because it was squeeling as it disengaged. So I cleaned and relubed it, worked good for about 5 months and just started this about 1 1/2 months ago. So I figured I would go with a Bosch rebuild.
Thanks for the offer but I already paid for one from Napa I just wanted to make sure I had one with me for the drive.
Thank you

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat wagon TDI, 99 Beetle ALH
I'll be rocking my mk2 Jetta diesel this time and I'm bringing a notebook full of questions hoping to get some answers to some of them :)

Thanks in advance to Landon and Daniel (and family) for making this happen :)

TheGrey1987

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on TDiclub but have been on here reading for quite a long time, even before I bought a 2003 Jetta TDi (ALH VE). I had a question if you do not mind indulging me... At the meet I was looking for a Malone tune Stage 1.5. Mr. Rodriquez has been quite helpful answering my questions, however I will need to purchase new injector nozzles (preferably Bosio Spring 520s) because for this tune I need to upgrade my stock injector nozzles. Will there be any vendor (or anyone) able to calibrate/rebuild/install etc these new injectors so I can get this tune? If so (or if not) what is the best course of action to have this done? Hopefully this question is concise, I am new to the world of tuning and this will be my first GTG.

DG-TDI

TDI
2000 NB TDI
There is a gas grill available to use as well for anybody that would like to bring something different of their own to cook and eat.

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
Does anyone have an ALH accessorie bracket? A local friend is looking for one.

If you have one send me a PM with your price.

:)

TDI4all

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta 5spd
I will be able to make it up there tomorrow. Hope to be there by 9:00 am. I would like to install my Diesel Geek Oil Bypass ( not really comfortable drilling into the head ) and install the Diesel Geek EGR Block Off plates & EGR Cooler delete. I have extra Mobil TDT 5w40 and VW antifreeze along with tools and jackstands packed in the car. I can do all the work myself just looking for a little guidance to do it right the first time.

frederick0705

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI and 2010 TDI Cup Edition
Gtg

The wife and I will be there. Should be there around 11am.

I would also like to mention there is a meteor shower Saturday night to Sunday morning. Peak 12 to 3 am. No better place to see them than in the mountains and there is plenty of places light will not be a problem with big sky views.

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
I think I'm bringing a lightly used one, will have lots of new and used parts for sale
cool beans. We'll talk about it tomorrow then.

I'll be there after I get some coffee at greenlife. Best coffee in town :D

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
:(will not make it sick and 04 is 4 ' in air from clutch attempt and still half done ,woke up with fever.

sccaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
96TDI Passat, 1.6 81d caddy, 86d golf, 82d rabbit, 81ALH caddy, 82 Westy
More pics! Any of TDI Caddy? I wish i could of made it. Was a nice day for it.