Appalachian Diesel Works GTG Oct 20 AVL, NC

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
Me and my girl are talking about making a trip up.
Thinking about an RC3 on my alh.

It'll be nice to have the time off work, get away for a change, and we have a cabin in old fort, it'd be nice to check up on it, haven't been there in many years.

Will keep y'all updated.

Let me know if Anyones interested, but depending what day we come up we will be covering alot of ground if were passingyour area and you want to caravan that'd be cool! We can stop take a break and meet up with someone and caravan on up there!

jonlowe

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon, 5 speed conversion, GBSM
Interested in coming over from the Huntsville, AL area. How big are these usually? Lots of vendors? Anything organized?

Jon

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
Anyone in the area of this G2G have some wood they would be willing to sell? I think me and my brother are going to camp at the KOA just off I-40. I don't really want to haul some wood 5 hrs east if i don't have to. The KOA sells wood, but at a premium I'm sure.

Thanks.

Stevestyle67

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI; 1972 Chevelle (Malibu) Convertible
Lurking this thread from my new home in Finland. I'm missing going to GTGs and enjoying the mountains during the fall (and owning a TDI). Ya'll have fun!

hopcarolina

TDI
2000 Jetta, 1990 Corrado TDI
I am planning on attending. This will be the first for me! Not sure how it all goes down. There are a few things I would like to get some help on... Are there vendors there to help with CEL codes? Also would like to check some basic settings for start up.

WTB: Drivers side radiator fan, battery box, skid plate, and short shift kit.......

Thanks
John

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
Looking forward to attending. I'm in TN about 2 hrs away. Marked on my calender

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
10/20 gtg

Yeah! Dean & I will be at this GTG, Fun!
I'll bring veggie burgers & 'rabbit food'.
Thanks!
Kristina

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
Anyone in the area of this G2G have some wood they would be willing to sell? I think me and my brother are going to camp at the KOA just off I-40. I don't really want to haul some wood 5 hrs east if i don't have to. The KOA sells wood, but at a premium I'm sure.

Thanks.
Still looking for wood if anybody has some leads.....

rkovacs

TDI
Black 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon
I am looking to come up, this will be my first GTG. Sounds like we can bring grill food to cook for lunch?

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Malone Tuning at Diesel Works G2G

It's official guys, I'll be at Diesel Works get together, looking forward to seeing you guys that I met at TDIFest and DanG's G2G.

Malone Tunes WILL be available for VW cars 1996-2013

PLEASE pre-register with me for tuning

Thanks!

Andrew Rodriguez
South East USA Mobile Malone Tune Dealer
Andrew@MaloneTuning.com

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
What wheels are those on your Passat? They look like my Rial 83

How is your Corrado project coming along? You should check out my instrument cluster. :)

DG-TDI

TDI
2000 NB TDI
For those that were wanting a rocketchip, Jeff is not going to make it this time as previously planned. I apologize for any inconvience that this may cause for those who have planned to come specifically for his tuning services.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
I just happen to be in the area for work until the end of December and the 20th is supposed to be the day we get laid off to go to the next plant. I'll be driving from Charlotte area to Seneca, SC area that day with all my crap loaded up but I guess I could drop by, let ya'll look at the b4v on air loaded down.

Hey Andrew (my name as well), I have a "stage 3" Malone tune in this car (GQ) but it doesn't have EGR delete, can you rectify this for me? My Cab has st3 with delete and it's fantastical.
Hey Andrew, SWEET ride, looking forward to anything you need done!

Mk3 chips, DSG tuning, CR ECU bench flashing, I can do it all
:)

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
Can I please get a reply about this from one of the tuning companies?

I plan to next year build the motor alil more, bigger turbo ect.

Can I tune my car from basically stock, up to rocketchip 2/3 and run RACE520 nozzles instead of PP520(or other) nozzles?

In theory it could be a simple yes or no answer.
Added note: I personally do not mind smoke, as long as my mileage isn't effected badly.

Plan to drive up from Florida to this event and I need to bring the right nozzles, times ticking!!

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
Can I tune my car from basically stock, up to rocketchip 2/3 and run RACE520 nozzles instead of PP520(or other) nozzles?
Added note: I personally do not mind smoke, as long as my mileage isn't effected badly.
Plan to drive up from Florida to this event and I need to bring the right nozzles, times ticking!!
Not a tuning company but ill put my $00.02 worth in.

RocketChip has cancelled being at this G2G, Malone Tuning is the only tuner that will be there. But essentially you could go to a stage 2 or 3. How long your clutch lasts on a stage 3 and Race520's are another set of questions.

And a good thing you don't mind smoke because SMOKE you certainly will.....

Are you wanting to have the nozzles installed at the G2G? Or are you bring them up on another set of balanced injectors? With race 520's it better be the later since those are such large nozzles.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
I feel bad that we are the only tuner coming, to sweeten the deal we'll offer 10% off all tuning services.

1st,
smoke out the tail pipe is fuel mileage in the wind.

2nd, I will be bringing and assortment of HFLOX nozzles, and Bosio Nozzles
http://www.aarodriguezcorp.com/hflox-warp-nozzles.html

If you don't mind smoke, running RACE520s or Warp 6 shouldn't be difficult, though you might need to do the hammer mod in reverse to make them almost smoke-free in a stock setup. Hammering the pump further to around 8mg/str will help.

From Mark Malone, "I actually I remember tuning a Bosio 7-hole (way bigger than R520) in a stock turbo setup.. customer seemed satisfied

3rd, if you ever need a re-tune we have dealers all over the USA, Canada, and we have Flashzilla loaders that can be mailed to you for tune adjustments.

Last edited:

saucer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE
Gonna subscribe to this in case I can make it out! AVL local here running two diesels for our weekly delivery business :)

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
WooHoo! They FINALLY got my work shift covered so I can come. I'll be in Friday evening, along with Eric.

Friday, gotta teach a PALS class at the hospital in London, rendezvous and drop Eric's car in a safe place, and cruise on down..........

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Good deal!

Anyone want to go trout fishing on Sunday? (Hoping someone knows a good spot over in Cherokee)

Last edited:

Brogreal

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
This is exciting! I've never been to a GTG, but have heard a lot about them from Paramedick. Looking forward to annoying the gurus with my naive questions, and seeing some beautiful country!

MCathcart

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
So we'z (yall) doing any nozzle swapping at the G2G?

I just happen to have a set of Sprint 520's new in a box (along with a timing belt kit). ;)

I could bring some fresh Scrimp for sale/trades?

Last edited:

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
Newzboy. Perfect reply, just what I was looking for.
I have used rocketchip for years and am familiar with the stages, i think I would rather wait for a rocketchip gtg. Completely a personal decision nothing against y'all, I'm just already comfortable with another brand, and would like to stay with that.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI

I just happen to have a set of Sprint 520's new in a box (along with a timing belt kit). ;)
I don't mind doing injectors on a cool engine. Find me. Just understand I have NO capability to balance them.

As for the timing belt, perhaps someone coming would take it on for a few $$$

Last edited:

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Newzboy. Perfect reply, just what I was looking for.
I have used rocketchip for years and am familiar with the stages, i think I would rather wait for a rocketchip gtg. Completely a personal decision nothing against y'all, I'm just already comfortable with another brand, and would like to stay with that.

No problem :D

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI

I could bring some fresh Scrimp for sale/trades?
I'll do the nozzle swap as long as they are on a set of properly balanced injector bodies, no nozzle swapping for me or the tools to do so.

Josemsm

TDI
2011 VW Jetta TDI
New guy to TDI & heading to that meeting in Asheville

I look forward to Oct 20, my first VW & diesel. I will do at least transmission tune. I look to meeting the TDI peeps.