Appalachian Diesel Works Fall 2013 GTG

vw_nut

Veteran Member
TDI
, 1981 VW pickup TDI Conversion, , 2000 Golf TDI,1985 Cabriolet 16V,2006 jetta
Another Great GTG thank you Daniel and Landon for hosting many thanks to the ladies for cooking the food and Daniel thanks for getting my clutch spring in my hand dont get it tight spots I would have had to take it all out so thank you again and Landon for working to get my wipers going im anxious to see if the other wiper motor has the same plug.....but again thanks so much

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI

TurbineWhine

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Platinum Grey
Thanks to all who came. We had a great time. It was great to see old friends and to meet new. We really appreciate all the wives and ladies that came this time and helped out so much with the prepartions. That really was a big help to Karen and she is very appreciative.

It does appear that we had one car that shed some suspension parts on the way out the driveway. This morning I found what appears to be an A4 Sway Bar Bracket laying in the driveway just after the first cattle guard. Those who messed with suspension should be advised to look under your cars.:eek:

Safe travels to those still on there way home today.

Landon

Last edited:

TurbineWhine

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Platinum Grey
Also, someone left a nice RealTree Lawn Chair out by the firepit. Let us know who it belongs to and we will try to get it back to you.

Landon

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Cheryl and I had a great time. Landon, Karen, Daniel: We thank you for the hospitality. Great food. Fun wrenching. Thanks for those that let me play with your car.....hope everything still works ;) Cheryl professes that she enjoyed her first full GTG.

Neal, the Audi short shifter is great. Just needs a tweak that I'll take care of someday. Thanks for help with the installation.

I seem to be missing a size 0 straight blade screwdriver. It will be a black or black/red handle Craftsman professional. If I played with your car, please see if it's on your raintray. Landon/Daniel, it may be on the bench when we were playing with an injector. If you find it, I'd like to have it back.

Thanks all, Bruce and Cheryl.

I expect to see everybody at Dan's in January, if I 40 is not iced over....:p

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
Also, someone left a nice RealTree Lawn Chair out by the firepit. Let us know who it belongs to and we will try to get it back to you.

Landon
Black with camo accenting and a business card IIRC in the drink holder, I left it at the fire pit.

PM sent also.

And my thanks to ADW and all that chipped in to make it a pleasant day.

Thanks,

Gary

TdiNC

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf 4 door TDI 5-speed
Was an amazing first time experiment! Big thanks to everyone who helped me with different things with my car. Big thumbs up for Bruce!

Andrew, I can mosdef feel the difference with the tune! Can't stop stomping on that thing they call "accelerator" pedal!!!

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
I really enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting new friends. Thanks to our hostess and hosts.

Gorgeous place, beautiful time of year, nice cool weather.

See many of you late January or early February at my house. Will post the GTG particulars soon.

Bruce, I will dig through my tools; I purposely took no craftsman screwdrivers. Probably be tomorrow.

John, please email me (right click on my name to the left of the post) or PM me some contact information. I consulted with the available talent last night, and we have some possibilities to discuss.

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Thanks for hosting another great GTG, Daniel & Crew. Big thanks to Andrew and Terry for giving me some much needed parts in the nick of time. The car is running much better now. There's no more shudder when braking AND the power loss issue is resolved. Thanks to everyone who helped with my brakes as well. It takes a village to keep my car going.;)

P.S. Thank you for the mustache, Dave. It was magnificent.

MN_TDI12

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG w/Nav
I had a great time at my first gtg. Great getting to meet some of you. Andrew, I'm loving the 1.5 tune. Definitely going to need the DSG tune. Let me know when the tool is back up and running and we'll get something worked out. Thanks again. One last thanks to Daniel and crew for their hospitality.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Thank you to the hosts that were most gracious. Thank you to all of those who had a hand in the food prep it was yum. It was great seeing everyone also thank you to Pete about sunroof. Wish you all the best, great people!

Emdog4

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI w/ SatNav/Chrome & 2012 Touareg V6 TDI Lux
great photos, the hard part is resizing them.
I resized them to 5.0 megapixels, but can shrink them to 800x600 for this page and reexport them. Since they are named sequentially, if they are uploaded to a public web directory (anyone? I can send you a zip file..), it would be easy to copy/paste the link and then increment the IMG tag for images 1-40. This would take about 60 seconds. On the other hand, Flickr/gooleplus/dropbox/etc all obscure the image name which makes the process of right-clicking on each picture and getting the img url veryyy tedious. :) At any rate, I hope yall enjoy the pics. Feel free to download/copy which ever ones you want.

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat wagon TDI, 99 Beetle ALH
Sorry that I missed this g2g. I was planning on going but something came up and couldn't make. :(

Newzboys, I'll order the Passat hood struts online in the next week or so. I might need something else though.

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Thanks for hosting, and thanks to Dan and Justin for the help! Good to see all the good people again!

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
May I assume that the EGR vacuum line with the multiple holes was the culprit?
I hereby grant you permission to assume. And you'd be correct. Sometimes it's the simplest things. Thanks for the diagnosis. Lemme know if you need my gentle-sized hands to get into any tight wrenching spots at a future GTG.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Daniel, Landon, and Karen thank you so much for providing us with some awsome good and beautiful scenery.It was great seeing everybody again, I always enjoy it.

Already looking forward to the next GTG.

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
It takes a village to keep my car going.;) => commie car
P.S. Thank you for the mustache, Dave. It was magnificent.
You're welcome! Truly all men and women appreciate something that so well represent the natural essence of masculinity.

We hit up downtown Asheville and saw the bare-breasted women and then took the Blue Ridge Parkway for a sites to a see.

Willy'sTurboD

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Is this still a thing?

Hello Everybody, does this still go on?? I am new to everything TDI and only live about an hour away from Asheville (actually bought my jetta not far from Leicester). I would love to join in on all the fun and I have a million new questions everyday as I try to learn about this car!

WestVa304

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2005 TDI Jetta Wagon, 2004 Passa Tdi 5spd
Hello Everybody, does this still go on?? I am new to everything TDI and only live about an hour away from Asheville (actually bought my jetta not far from Leicester). I would love to join in on all the fun and I have a million new questions everyday as I try to learn about this car!
It does still occur, even though I miss it every year lol. Usually the second weekend of October.
What area do you live? I'm by the airport.

There are also gatherings every other Wednesday All German Performance. Not TDI specific but all VWers.
There's plenty of folks on the forum that are in the area, so there's always a close helping hand if you need it.

Brad

Willy'sTurboD

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
It does still occur, even though I miss it every year lol. Usually the second weekend of October.
What area do you live? I'm by the airport.

There are also gatherings every other Wednesday All German Performance. Not TDI specific but all VWers.
There's plenty of folks on the forum that are in the area, so there's always a close helping hand if you need it.

Brad
Im in Johnson City but I usually end up in Asheville about once a month. thanks for the info though I am going to try and make it out this year.