Anything more I should know?

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta, '06 Jetta, Both Gone '13 Leaf, Gone Liberty CRD, Subaru Forrester and MB300SD
Interesting. It seems the forum doesn’t allow the German N word, but does allow the plural.

corporalCanada

TDI
None as of yet
WQUOTE="turbodieseldyke, post: 5831636, member: 134718"]
Time-travelling nazis. Is there no one they won't kill?
[/QUOTE]
Yup, they will never go after Canadian invented super heroes such as superman

corporalCanada

TDI
None as of yet
Quick update at a horrible morning hour.. the chickens here really don't shut up.. since I'm steering away from the Mercedes 200D.. I found another diesel 4cyl... But.. it's indian and it scares me more than Daewoo does.. tata indica.. 2016 model.. a little over 1000$
Can anyone tell me if it's even remotely possible to attempt running on wvo ?

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta, '06 Jetta, Both Gone '13 Leaf, Gone Liberty CRD, Subaru Forrester and MB300SD
I don’t know anything about that vehicle, and it’s likely nobody else on here does either. Can you find out what kind of injection pump it has? Maybe a good picture of the engine?

It’s likely it will run okay, or at least long enough to get your money back in fuel savings.

corporalCanada

TDI
None as of yet
It's... Indian, I'm surprised no1 flew here to slap me across.my sexy face, I'm going to try the 200D, I just need to find a way to make the 1000km journey less stressful, maybe adding kerosene to the fuel ? Or using an electrical fuel pump to replace the lift pump... At least for the trip home.... But I cannot find how much psi I need, anywhere, 1982 mercedes Benz 200D... Manual, I cannot test it myself using the drip method because that particular car isn't mine just yet

corporalCanada

TDI
None as of yet
It's... Indian, I'm surprised no1 flew here to slap me across.my sexy face, I'm going to try the 200D, I just need to find a way to make the 1000km journey less stressful, maybe adding kerosene to the fuel ? Or using an electrical fuel pump to replace the lift pump... At least for the trip home.... But I cannot find how much psi I need, anywhere, 1982 mercedes Benz 200D... Manual, I cannot test it myself using the drip method because that particular car isn't mine just yet
Or maybe some1 knows an amazing fuel pump cleaning additive?

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
I don’t think the psi on the lift pump is too critical (someone correct me if I’m wrong). But are you sure it is the lift pump that needs replacing, not the injection pump?

dieseldonato

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
Or maybe some1 knows an amazing fuel pump cleaning additive?
You need to find out which "fuel pump" needs cleaned. The lift/transfer pump or the injection pump.
Any injection pump cleaning fluid, will need to be circulated full strength through the pump, ie rigg up a bottle with supply and return lines to its own tank, bypassing the cars fuel tank. There are several products on the market touted for this job. Liquid molly makes diesel purge. John deere makes an effective cleaning fluid as well.
As far as I'm concerned it's a hail marry, if there are major issues the pump needs to go to a pump shop.

corporalCanada

TDI
None as of yet
My mechanically inclined friend said that I could use an electric pump to take place of the broken lift pump either temporarily or indefinitely..
But I don't know how many psi I need to look for

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
I dont think the psi is critical. Any low pressure fuel pump, 3 to 5 psi for example, should work fine. If anybody knows the vehicle and disagrees, please step in.

Are you sure it is the lift pump, not the injection pump that is bad?

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
Way off topic again, apologies to the OP, but interesting:

I just finished ”The Mysterious Case of Rudolf Diesel”. Well written, actually a bit of a page turner, though the author is obviously not a mechanic or a scientist. But it turns out Diesel may not have died in 1913. Might have just moved to Canada and disappeared. At least that is the author’s contention, and he makes a pretty good case. Worth reading.

corporalCanada

TDI
None as of yet
I
I dont think the psi is critical. Any low pressure fuel pump, 3 to 5 psi for example, should work fine. If anybody knows the vehicle and disagrees, please step in.

Are you sure it is the lift pump, not the injection pump that is bad?
Ordered an Isuzu diesel electric pump, I'm. Sure with enough duct tape I can get this to work... And the seller says it's the 2nd pump not the one near the fuel tank....

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
That may not work. I am not familiar with this car, or the term “2nd pump”. But the lift pump is always the pump closest to the fuel tank. Generally, the other pump would be the injection pump, which you cannot replace with an electric pump.

Perhaps you can get more detail from the seller?

corporalCanada

TDI
None as of yet
Your cars only cost $500-1000 over there. Please tell me your fuel is $10/liter, and that's why you're chasing the WVO dragon.
I believe diesel is approaching 2$ a liter in this gorgeous country..... And as for "why" I used to live in the country that has more oil than all the Arab countries combined within the Alberta tar sands, so I grew up being a slave to the oil industry... I can't imagine a feeling of simply filtering a fluid and pouring it into the fuel tank and just going... I just want absolute freedom, and if I can buy myself a tiny spot if land I will attempt to grow my own Tabacco and never buy cigarettes to fill my addiction ( hey I did say I was Quebecer in my first post).. after that, all I need is my pills that keep me from losing my **** whenever someone calls me american.

Umm ptsd medication....yeah that, and then absolute freedom