Anyone tried the $29 fuel filters from German Auto

Lightman

Veteran Member
I wonder how German Auto Parts' web site sells fuel filters for $29 when impex has mann etc for 33, and oem for $38? Has anyone tried the $29 filter, what brand is it, and is there anything wrong with it? Just wondering if there's a reason it's cheaper....

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
The filter at Germanautoparts.com is a Mann filter. When you are looking at that $29.00 filter you will see a link to a picture: click on it and yup it is a Mann filter.

In the USA we live in a vaguely market economy, so anyone can sell this fuel filter for almost any price the market will accept.

Deception

Veteran Member
I bought a Mann fuel filter for $31 Canadian the other day (about 20 US or so). Mann is an OEM supplier for VW so their filters are quality units and can be used in your TDI.

WOOCHOW

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS-GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
The last [censored] time I ordered from them they sent me Hengst brand filters. They are fine but do not come with replacement O-rings like the [censored] Mann filters.

ACHTUNG TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Sedan, Silver (sold); 2016 Jetta TSI 1.8t Sport, 5 sp, LP; 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon (wife's)
Ordered a fuel filter last month from German Auto Parts for an A4 TDI Jetta. It was a Mann with both o-rings. Delivered to New Jersey in two days.

spyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW GLS NB TDI (UTE)
Wix filters are $27 at O'reilly's and they come with the o-rings. No censoring needed.

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
Not related to fuel filtering: I ordered 10 air filters for my girls car (A3) they sent me A4 filters and then argued with me about it.
I bought the fuel fiters and they work fine and came with o-rings.

Lightman

Veteran Member
Mine came in today, very quick shipping, and all Mann parts. The fuel filter did come with o-rings, no complaints here, looks like I found a new supplier.