Anyone successfully used the $2k loyalty to trade out a TDI?

croppz

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 DSG Jetta TDI
I wont lie, those new suburbans and tahoes look sweet blacked out.

But I guess i'll keep my German car that if things blow up, it costs half of what the car is worth to fix hahaha.

JBell

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I wont lie, those new suburbans and tahoes look sweet blacked out.

But I guess i'll keep my German car that if things blow up, it costs half of what the car is worth to fix hahaha.
Still would be 10x more reliable than a Chevy...by a loooong shot.

croppz

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 DSG Jetta TDI
Still would be 10x more reliable than a Chevy...by a loooong shot.
Oh I know, my mom had an 04 tahoe that had MASSIVE electrical issues after it hit 100k. I'm talking 3 different dealerships and a few independent shops couldnt chase down what it was. They finally managed to take it to a honda dealer on a day it decided to work, got 11k for it and drove away in a pilot. Pretty sure that truck is in a scrapyard somewhere now.

rickc007

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Thought the $2000 was an aid to Diesel owners that wanted to get out, but it's any VW, thus a sales increase incentive ...

My Dealer that I bought the car from gave me the worst deal offer so far.
It's kind of like "here's $2000 off, but let me undercut the trade in by $3000"
So you get doubley screwed from them

My car is a year and a half old, and I was offered 50% of what I bought it for

My first VW, and you guessed it ... my last

Joe golden

TDI
None
I am in the process of trading my 14 Jetta tsi for a new Passat limited tsi. Window sticker $25800-dealer discount/rebate = $20999. I owe $13k on my Jetta and they are giving me $11300 for it so I am upside down $1700. They then told me I get $2000 loyalty rebate since I am trading a vw. New price of Passat limited $18999 plus my $1700 negative equity and tt &it come out around $22487 out the door. Hmmmmmm do I pull the trigger? Is this a good ENOUGH deal considering they bad rep these days...but hey I am a chattanoogans. Lots of support in these parts.

tc1uscg

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD TO VW
Yeah, they gave me the $2K loyalty. On the other hand, they offered $13,000 as trade-in for my 2013 Golf TDI DSG 4dr Sunroof/Nav with only 25K miles on it :mad:

Walked right out. Decided to keep the TDI for the time being.
Wife text me the other day saying the dealer called her and offered her 2k loyalty on purchase, lease or trade deal. ANY vw on the lot. Told her I hope she told the guy to pack sand. Why would we give them our 36k Passat (TDi SEL Premium w/120k/10yr warranty) that is paid off in 4 months for a lousy 2k and start over? When we got our Passat, were going to just buy it outright but decided at 0% for 36 months, left the money in the bank. (better return :D). She made the mistake of telling them we were "thinking" about leasing my college kid who is in her last year a car for 2 years so she (we) can get her out of her 2002 Jeep Liberty into something more practical :cool:. With all the crap VW has been taking, they don't seem to be too much worried about it because a new Jetta lease is still 140.00 a month and has been for the past couple years. So, with VW feeding off our fear is just another slap in our faces over it's shenanigans with it's emmissionsgate. As far as the 2000.00 "loyalty offer", I live in the motor city, it's not hard to get someones "employee number" to get a much much better deal on a lease or car purchase if you want a Ford or GM product. I can lease a Cruze (non diesel model) for my daughter for 68.00 a month, free service for 24 months and that includes the 12k mile a year lease and the car is loaded. So, when I see the lease offers for a Jetta S, I laugh, shake my head and put the add in the recycle bin. :rolleyes:

tc1uscg

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD TO VW
Thought the $2000 was an aid to Diesel owners that wanted to get out, but it's any VW, thus a sales increase incentive ...

My Dealer that I bought the car from gave me the worst deal offer so far.
It's kind of like "here's $2000 off, but let me undercut the trade in by $3000"
So you get doubley screwed from them

My car is a year and a half old, and I was offered 50% of what I bought it for

My first VW, and you guessed it ... my last
On top of getting the 2k offer, I get them from the local Chrysler stealerships where they will give me 4k over trade in value for car, free service for 2 or 3 years (depends on car), free TV :cool: etc... Just think VW needs to just do the right thing, as expensive as it will be, and realize that it's not the media that will sink their ship, it's us the loyal customer(s). :rolleyes:

Croberts

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Silver
A deer helped me with my decision.....

Hit a large buck early yesterday morning, totaling my 2003 Jetta TDI. Great car that will be missed but it pushed me off the fence into purchasing a new 2015 Sportwagen TSI S. With no car to trade in I took advantage of the $2000 loyalty rebate coupled with the advertised $2000 dealer sale. Platinum grey, automatic (mainly for my wife) black letherette for $19,300. Out the door for $20,600. Got 1.9% financing for 60 months with no money down. Drives beautifully and much better price than the 2016 Mazda Cx-5 that I was considering.

I had a good run with my tdi, just shy of 400,000 miles but a gasser that gets 35+ mpg on the Hwy just makes more sense for me. Many thanks to this forum for all of the help the last 10 years.

Last edited:

jnmarshall

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Jetta, '13 JSW
Well that's to support the dealers. No word on giving customers pre-diesel-scandal trade-in value.
The theory is this should trickle down to the customer. If VW is standing behind the value of their products by offering the dealer's an opportunity to take a vehicle on trade without the the worry of losing value at current low auction rates then this should be passed on to the customer. If a dealer is still low-balling you then they are not worth dealing with and you should go else-where.