anyone selling their tdi ?

ludikris

Veteran Member
TDI
Colorado diesel
i want another one to replace my 99.5 as it is going to be a company car .. but 2000 and up alh only please

Chris.

ludikris

Veteran Member
TDI
Colorado diesel
Recently saw a Tdi with a green monster energy sticker on the gas door black on black leather... Anybody know who that car belonged to?

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon; 2010 Golf Wagon
Going to be selling the Jetta in my sig very soon ;) PM me for details.

Harinder

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Dark Green TDI 5 speed
Selling my 2001 Jetta Tdi ALH engine

I am selling my TDI very soon. Have a kid on the way and Looking for a Touareg now TDI of course. I have a 2001 VW Jetta TDI ALH with Stage 3 tune, Have mnay mods done to it. The TDI has now 364 000 km now and still running strong. ASking about $5000 certified or Best offer.

vwmikey99

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GLK 250 + 2017 Tacoma + 2014 Jetta
Just curious...any particular reason you wanted a 2000 and up (and not a 99.5)? I'm not selling anything...I have high hopes of taking my 99.5 to at least 500,000 :)

Last edited:

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
same here, my 2002 ALH stys as long as I can shift....just love that car a lot... goes and goes like a VW !!!!

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
99.5 - 2003 with alh are all fine.

It's just the normal person doesn't advertise as 1999.5, rather just 1999 and that's also the older body style in that era. MK4 (99.5+) is a good car and seems to be a very long lasting vehicle.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
99.5 - 2003 with alh are all fine.

It's just the normal person doesn't advertise as 1999.5, rather just 1999 and that's also the older body style in that era. MK4 (99.5+) is a good car and seems to be a very long lasting vehicle.
600,000kms on my previous Jetta before I took it off the road to buy the wagon. If I didn't get the wagon for the price I did, I'd still be driving it, lol.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
600,000kms on my previous Jetta before I took it off the road to buy the wagon. If I didn't get the wagon for the price I did, I'd still be driving it, lol.
That is why I think people tend to ask higher then normal for these cars. Not many cars can do that.

I can't wait to jump on a wagon next myself....hopefully I don't have to wait 300,000km to get there haha

ludikris

Veteran Member
TDI
Colorado diesel
I just want the newer ECU socket so I can plug n play my rocketchip-tuned ECU... Speaking of which ... If I swap the ECU ... Are there any issues with the key fob ? Do I need to have the 4 digit code ?

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
No need for the SKC if swapping between 2000-2001. Your ECU will not work on a 2002 or newer.

I have to ask though, why are you basing your car choice on the swappability of an ECU? Get the car you want, then get it tuned. You can sell your RC ECU to pay for a tune on the new car. Unless you have LOTS of ALH parts your want to swap over, it seems odd to base your choice on such a small issue???

Last edited:

ludikris

Veteran Member
TDI
Colorado diesel
Ya Nigel... I just wanted an ALH... I like it better and it would be simpler for me to work on as I will now have two... A work Tdi and a personal Tdi ... Now I can troubleshoot between the two and swap in my ECU ...my custom stealth vnt-15, boser, grill... Etc...
I actually just found a black one with leather, sunroof etc.. 420k in great shape ... Motor was rebuilt ... You can see the new gasket material... New actuator ... Etc..

So ECU and comfort module with your window roll down mod just bolts on right?

djtc

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 golf tdi
Im thinking of selling my 02 4dr golf since I have a tdi toyota pickup now:)

2002 234 XXX km only mods are the 25th anniversary gti oem springs and koni street shocks (5000km on the set up,no issue with the ride height in the snow) 5 spd , Audi a6 wheels and winters included 4900$.(roof rack sold with my kayak)

Last edited:

dlb

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Reflex Silver Golf
Im thinking of selling my 02 4dr golf since I have a tdi toyota pickup now:)

2002 234 XXX km only mods are the 25th anniversary gti oem springs and koni street shocks (5000km on the set up,no issue with the ride height in the snow) 5 spd , Audi a6 wheels and winters included 4900$.(roof rack sold with my kayak)

thats a fair price to ask ..... I see many guys WAY overpricing there rides !!

Ackilys

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
‘09 Jetta dsg, ‘11 jetta 6spd, ‘13 passat dsg
Im debating on whether to sell mine or not.. i get 1200 to a tank so...

TDIPWR33

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 TDI MK3
TDI last two times to three times longer then a gas powered car. You also pay less per litre and go twice the distance per tank. So if your gas car cost $70 to fill up, with the diesel you save $70 every time you have to fill a gasser up. Adds up quick, and the car will outlast any gas car

deflux

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
TDI last two times to three times longer then a gas powered car. You also pay less per litre and go twice the distance per tank. So if your gas car cost $70 to fill up, with the diesel you save $70 every time you have to fill a gasser up. Adds up quick, and the car will outlast any gas car
You pay less for diesel than gas? Where?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon

You've got some crazy math going on.

g-wagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Execline
You've got some crazy math going on.
I believe he is saying that it will take two tanks of gas to equal 1 tank of diesel.

So every time you fill up with diesel you are "saving" $70 that you would have otherwise spent on petrol.

It was worded a little confusingly.

That said, I don't think you would be able to get consistently twice the mileage of it's gas counterpart.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I believe he is saying that it will take two tanks of gas to equal 1 tank of diesel.
So every time you fill up with diesel you are "saving" $70 that you would have otherwise spent on petrol.
It was worded a little confusingly.
That said, I don't think you would be able to get consistently twice the mileage of it's gas counterpart.
That's my point... Diesel is more then gas now and you aren't getting 50% better mileage. ... Maybe 30? 40?

TDIPWR33

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 TDI MK3
yea worded it wrong there, but yea like I figured you guys are smart enough to understand what I meant :p I forgot to mention that for the last month diesel is more money. Most of the time its less though lets get that straight.