Anyone schedule a UTAH buyback yet?

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
My notarized offer was uploaded on 11/18 and I have not heard back yet. I was wondering if maybe some areas of the country have not started yet with scheduling buybacks as VW tries to mobilize their forces and get things up and running on an industrial level (not the once a week [in big markets?] we've seen).

To that end, has anyone here scheduled a buyback in Utah yet?

Thanks

Mike.

TDI
2011 Golf - Returned to VW
I submitted on the 17th and was only given an opportunity to select a date today. I would think you should hear something soon.

That being said, I am not in Utah but I was there this weekend for a while. I am in Idaho but I do not suspect you are slowed up due to location.

BradyS

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
My documents were accepted first week of November and I'm still waiting for a offer. Bank loan and also Utah.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
My documents were accepted first week of November and I'm still waiting for a offer. Bank loan and also Utah.

On our second JSW (VWCredit -- first JSW with offer notarized and uploaded we own it outright) my docs were approved on 11/8 and I am also still waiting for the offer for that one...

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
I just received offers on two of my cars today. I have not accepted the offers and returned them yet.

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I am in Utah, and I haven't received anything. I am at step 15, "docs approved" as of 11/07. Zero movement since then.

I have a loan on the car (this seems to be a primary factor in everyone's timeline). Can't wait to get out of it. The climate control only works on "4" as of about 3 weeks ago. Prepared to buy another car immediately, just negotiating between a couple options.

Do you all have loans? Title in hand? Details please!

EDIT: My contact at a (local Utah) dealer told me they have their first appointments lined up. I don't recall if they've already occurred, or start on 12/03.

Last edited:

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
I am in Utah, and I haven't received anything. I am at step 15, "docs approved" as of 11/07. Zero movement since then.

I have a loan on the car (this seems to be a primary factor in everyone's timeline). Can't wait to get out of it. The climate control only works on "4" as of about 3 weeks ago. Prepared to buy another car immediately, just negotiating between a couple options.

I have 2 JSW

First one docs were approved 11/5 and offer received 11/18. Notarized and uploaded 11/18. Still waiting for acceptance and invite to schedule appt. No lien. Title in hand.

Second one docs were approved 11/8. Nothing since. This has a VWCredit lien.

Both have Strong VW listed as potential buyback place.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
Strongs just told me they have appointments starting next week. Gotta be the title in hand guys (like half of you).
Wish it was me. I still am waiting for the one that has title in hand to get back to me after the uploaded notarized offer...

My other one (VWCredit lien) of course I expect to be waiting come spring for the offer...

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Wish it was me. I still am waiting for the one that has title in hand to get back to me after the uploaded notarized offer...
My other one (VWCredit lien) of course I expect to be waiting come spring for the offer...
They also indicated they have about 2000 expected turn ins. That's a lot of cars inbound!

The fear of waiting until Spring (or later) is why I'm preparing to buy, now. My fuel system went out (under warranty, fortunately) two months ago, which was my worst fear realized. I don't want to risk anything like that, again.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
They also indicated they have about 2000 expected turn ins. That's a lot of cars inbound!
The fear of waiting until Spring (or later) is why I'm preparing to buy, now. My fuel system went out (under warranty, fortunately) two months ago, which was my worst fear realized. I don't want to risk anything like that, again.

Of course that 2000 is just the number of people who initially picked Strong VW as their expected turn-in place. We have no idea how many of those have received offers yet, or uploaded and are waiting, or already have appointments.

From what I gather when you go to make the appointment you can pick any dealer. I will be testing everyone from Garff in Orem to Cutrubus in Layton, though Strong or (hold my nose) Southtowne VW are my two closest dealers and I've always bought all my VWs in Utah from Strong.

Whoever has the most convenient or earliest appointment will get my "business" as long as it drastically better than what is available at Strong, if my dumb already-uploaded and waiting offer gets turned into an appointment invite.

BradyS

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
I'm expecting mine in the next week since its really 20 business days.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
Got the scheduling email today. Just scheduled for Southtowne on Dec 20.

Both Strong and Southtowne had appointments starting Dec 15 and pretty much almost daily through the end of the year, excepting Sundays and holidays, and at each dealer, a couple individual days (that may have been full or they were not scheduling at that dealer on that day but another dealer may have had it open)

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I submitted my acceptance letters today. Mine are paid off.
Can anyone help me update my RNS 810 that I am keeping?

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I scheduled my buybacks to today for December 23rd at Ken Garff in Orem

BradyS

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
Am I going to be the last person in Utah to get a offer? Its been over a month and still no word.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
Am I going to be the last person in Utah to get a offer? Its been over a month and still no word.
I am still waiting on our second car too. Docs approved 11/8

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
Mine was approved 11/03 on my only TDI but with a bank loan. All this is frustrating me into insanity
Yeah, my 11/8 one also has a VWCredit loan.

I know what you mean. I check my email about every 5 minutes for a notice from VWGoA. Our replacement for this should be here by the end of the month so I would like to get rid of it to free up space on the driveway.

BradyS

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
I got to the point my phone makes a certain ringtone if vw emails me but that doesn't stop me from checking the site and my mail non stop.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
Got the offer on the second JSW today. This one has a lien from VWCredit.

docs approved 11/08
offer received 12/08

Due to wife's work schedule and both of us being on the offer, Saturday is the soonest I can get it uploaded.

Due to mileage (and waiting for our Volvo to show up [went through Panama canal 2 days ago]) I don't want an appointment until January sometime anyway. Hopefully there will be some available by the time they approve our offer upload.

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
My offer arrived yesterday (Sunday) morning!

documents marked complete: 11/07
offer later received: 12/11
offer document dated: 12/09
notarized and signed offer uploaded: 12/12

This is with private financing. The end is near!!!

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
Congrats!

I uploaded my second car's offer Saturday. Still waiting for it to be processed/approved. Had to try and find a notary on Saturday as the wife was working both Thursday and Friday (got the offer Thursday afternoon) and Monday and Tuesday this week and she had to sign as well (Me AND Her on the title and registration, not OR). And I did not want to wait to upload it.

All my normal Credit Union locations only had tellers and no managers on Saturday. Finally found a Postal Annex+ with a notary on Saturday. $5 per signature.

pcskier

TDI
2014 JSW 6sp, no sunroof
Hmmm. My docs were accepted Nov. 25th and I got my offer letter via email yesterday. VW Credit loan. That shouldn't impact the offer though. Yours does seem to be taking longer for some reason.

pcskier

TDI
2014 JSW 6sp, no sunroof

EDIT: My contact at a (local Utah) dealer told me they have their first appointments lined up. I don't recall if they've already occurred, or start on 12/03.
I have a loan with VW and docs were accepted 11/25; got my offer yesterday.

pcskier

TDI
2014 JSW 6sp, no sunroof
I got to the point my phone makes a certain ringtone if vw emails me but that doesn't stop me from checking the site and my mail non stop.
Call the claims number for an update. I called yesterday with a question and was on hold for less than a minute, then a nice gal looked at my file and see everything. I had uploaded my signed offer letter 3 minutes prior and she said she could even see that and it looked good.

Might be worth a call if you've been waiting a month since docs were accepted. Not sure if it's a state thing (I can't imagine it is, it's handled out of Michigan as far as the offers go).

Though once you accept an offer I can see the it being an issue on how soon you can turn in based on the volume at the dealerships.

BradyS

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
Congrats to everyone who's gotten an offer, sprocket I thought you said you'd be last though haha. Anyway I've tried calling but I just get the whole automated steps and that's it. No people.