Anyone live around Los Angeles?

lardope

TDI
MKIV
Hey all,

My home base of operations is in Pennsylvania, but I hit the road last October and now I'm around Los Angeles for a while. I need to replace my front brake pads/rotors. I want to do it myself. I've already done the rear before myself. But since LA is not my home base, all my lubricants (anti-seize, anti squeal), and the brake piston compression tool, are back in PA, and I don't feel like buying them and then not knowing what to do with them. Everything I own I need to be able to take with me in my car when it's time to move on. Anyone live around LA can loan me the tool and spare the little I'll use of the lubricants for this job?

Thanks,
Thomas

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
N
Hey all,

My home base of operations is in Pennsylvania, but I hit the road last October and now I'm around Los Angeles for a while. I need to replace my front brake pads/rotors. I want to do it myself. I've already done the rear before myself. But since LA is not my home base, all my lubricants (anti-seize, anti squeal), and the brake piston compression tool, are back in PA, and I don't feel like buying them and then not knowing what to do with them. Everything I own I need to be able to take with me in my car when it's time to move on. Anyone live around LA can loan me the tool and spare the little I'll use of the lubricants for this job?

Thanks,
Thomas
No special tools are needed to replace front pads and rotors on a MK4.