Anyone know this genius?

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Just gotta say, this was an entertaining read! Did I learn much of anything? no, but it was fun anyways.
I probably shouldn't mention my kind of driving because I like to think I'm somewhere between a drifter and a drag racer 😁 . Taking 45mph corners at 75-80 is a great time!
I do that at times as well. Kinda fun having cars that handle really well.
I am a first responder and take my golf to fires and etc, and the roads I often travel are very curvy, hilly and have a lot of pot holes. The golf takes them at above the speed limit very well. The passats do as well, but they start to whine sooner than the golf.

MATPOC

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5-speed
Remember OP dropped his bike because he was "trying-too-hard" but as long as you own it, you're good 🤭
Why I dropped my bike is irrelevant, I crashed 100's of times, mostly on dirt. You know who crashed more than me? Those dudes with "World Champion" next to their name.
I made a mistake, learned from it, will not happen again.
But you know what will happen? Every racer wannabe degenerate crossing the double yellow to cut precious seconds off their commute, endangering lives of others who are likely not breaking any laws.
Your lame arguments "corner was clear" and so on are total BS, as I explained, that corner has 200' line of sight and with both vehicles traveling at speed limit you have maybe 2 seconds to react from the moment you see incoming to the moment of impact. You got something to say about that? Instead of nitpicking the fact that I own my mistakes?

MATPOC

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5-speed
Just gotta say, this was an entertaining read! Did I learn much of anything? no, but it was fun anyways.
I probably shouldn't mention my kind of driving because I like to think I'm somewhere between a drifter and a drag racer 😁 . Taking 45mph corners at 75-80 is a great time!
I love fast driving, wanted to be rally driver like my dad but it was cheaper to race bikes, so that's what I do, on pavement. Got in to dirt riding after I started racing and realized why flat track guys make best road racers and world champions (Casey, Nicky, King Kenny, Lawson, MM) loose surface is best place to practice to control that slide, fastest way around the corner is a 2 wheel drift.

Watch this clip, towards the end... This guy won championships on a totally unrideable Ducati that even the best in the world could not out on a podium.

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
'91 Jetta, '91 GTI, '04 Touareg
Why I dropped my bike is irrelevant, I crashed 100's of times, mostly on dirt. You know who crashed more than me? Those dudes with "World Champion" next to their name.
I made a mistake, learned from it, will not happen again.
But you know what will happen? Every racer wannabe degenerate crossing the double yellow to cut precious seconds off their commute, endangering lives of others who are likely not breaking any laws.
Your lame arguments "corner was clear" and so on are total BS, as I explained, that corner has 200' line of sight and with both vehicles traveling at speed limit you have maybe 2 seconds to react from the moment you see incoming to the moment of impact. You got something to say about that? Instead of nitpicking the fact that I own my mistakes?
But at least can you give granny the benefit of doubt because she was trying hard too. Both of you could've caused somebody else drastic harm; whether you want to own it or not is insignificant.

Nothing against you but I am at a stage of my life where I'm hell-bent on sticking it to cancel culture, because they are destroying everything fun in society. And trust me I know all about surpassing the line in order to identify the physical limits of whatever mechanical thing I am pushing.

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
I was going to let it slide but bikes have as much right to the road as your car. If you can't handle driving around bikes, then you need to stay home.
But when cyclists demand special cyclist-only lanes (or roads) for themselves, or demand a full lane passing buffer, that's the attitude you will get from drivers of real vehicles that paid the taxes to build the roads. I used to pedal a lot, but when those spandex buttmunchers ride 3 or 4-abreast to use a full lane, they deserve whatever happens.

MATPOC

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5-speed
But at least can you give granny the benefit of doubt because she was trying hard too. Both of you could've caused somebody else drastic harm; whether you want to own it or not is insignificant.

Nothing against you but I am at a stage of my life where I'm hell-bent on sticking it to cancel culture, because they are destroying everything fun in society. And trust me I know all about surpassing the line in order to identify the physical limits of whatever mechanical thing I am pushing.
This has nothing to do with Cancel Culture, perhaps you need to lay off fox news or whoever is filling your head with new buzzwords.
I will not spend my money places that support the cause I don't agree with, same as I will not hire some wifebeating scumbag to cut my lawn or paint my house, it's not cancel culture, it's an American Way, we vote with out wallets, give money to cause we believe in, weather it's NRA or Dr. Seus.

This particular post can't be further away from anything political, or "cancel" anyway, I just shared a photo of a a lost and confused granny in hopes that someone will talk some sense in to her or take her keys away

MATPOC

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5-speed
But when cyclists demand special cyclist-only lanes (or roads) for themselves, or demand a full lane passing buffer, that's the attitude you will get from drivers of real vehicles that paid the taxes to build the roads. I used to pedal a lot, but when those spandex buttmunchers ride 3 or 4-abreast to use a full lane, they deserve whatever happens.
we demand to stay alive... that's about it. Problem is that some people, like this idiot on a wrong side of the road, can't use common sense and ruin it for everyone... If car's left bicyclists a foot or two every time it would be fine, but I have been clipped by cars before (been cycling all my life and used to race) so they have to make laws to protect people from that one idiot who will come too close, now you got to be 4' away cause come idiot could not give me extra 4 inches. I remember about 20 years ago one of the Audi drivers was killed while cycling outside of Sebring raceway, hit in the back of the head by a truck mirror... extra 2 inches and he would have been alive.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Wait a second.... you guys are 'muricans?
Now it all makes sense!
Ha, if that photographer had been a canuck, he'd have tracked down granny and apologized profusely for parking his car so close to the shoulder.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
The only thing more difficult than getting Granny’s keys away from her is taking her bottle of alcohol. Just not gonna happen

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I drive a 1500 Ram and my JSW and pay fuel and road taxes with each gallon of diesel that I put in either one. However, I pay more road taxes with my house propety taxes than I ever approach with what I pay at the pump. Unless you live in a state without property taxes, so do you. The bike lanes are there for my protection but often are so full of junk that you can't use them. I have friends that have given up riding becasue of your last statement. Some people just don't care about others.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Driving a German Car... possibly built in Mexico...
Yep, still a proud American. I also drive chevy and ford. Does that make me American? A car is a car, and at the end of a life its scrap that'll be made into something else. Has nothing to do with your beliefs about freedom, and rights as citizens. But im not going to argue about it with someone who can't understand my point of view. I choose freedom and am an American. End of story. Not much is going to be changed in this thread everyone already has their opinion, so might as well be done.

Sorry my patriotism offends you, but trust me your lack of spine offends me more ~someone great.

MATPOC

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5-speed
Yep, still a proud American. I also drive chevy and ford. Does that make me American? A car is a car, and at the end of a life its scrap that'll be made into something else. Has nothing to do with your beliefs about freedom, and rights as citizens. But im not going to argue about it with someone who can't understand my point of view. I choose freedom and am an American. End of story. Not much is going to be changed in this thread everyone already has their opinion, so might as well be done.

Sorry my patriotism offends you, but trust me your lack of spine offends me more ~someone great.
Wow, triggered? It was a joke, clearly a sore spot for you 😆

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Shees; why don't you guys find something else to complain/be outraged/ about.
I like to think of it as that someone here hasn't been out since covid, and were helping them re-enter society😄. Totally get your point, but i have to say it was more fun reading the thread then doing my college homework.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
yea.... these threads are so hypocritical. ill post "u wut m8" or use "snake oil" out of context in a thread and get banned, but these threads are ok?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Nah, these threads are a good place for us to vent. As long as people can maintain a sense of humor and not get too worked up, I don't see the problem. We all saw what the alternative can look like on Jan. 6th.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
If you want my opinion (and I already know that you don't), there's way too many snowflakes on these forums and in society today!

Just sayin.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
If you want my opinion (and I already know that you don't), there's way too many snowflakes on these forums and in society today!

Just sayin.
I want to know everyones opinion. So I can say why it's wrong.