Anyone know this error Code

Stephen P

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 97 Green
If I hold a hard acceleration in 5th gear after about 8seconds the car will start to loose power and the CEL will turn on. Vag com shows Intake Manifold Pressure/Temperature.

Sure enough the intake from the turbo to intercooler is pretty hot after a hard drive. Car goes into limp mode every time with CEL.

Ive cleaned the maf and intercooler, tried turning off the egr, fuel filter only has 12k mi on it. None of this has helped, also when the CEL is on fuel milage drops in the range of 38-40mpg from 43-45.

This makes highway travel very unfun with the CEL and limp mode.
My brother works for impex so any parts I need to order aint a problem. Ive ordered a new N75 valve.

Stephen P

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 97 Green
Also you guys should know that the cel only turns on during the 5th gear punches. If I stay on regular rodes under 70mph it never happens.
I also have an upsolute chip and a 2.5 exhaust

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
It sounds like you're having boost control problems. In 5th, full boost will be maintained a little longer than the other gears and the computer is getting scared. Do you have a gauge to monitor the manifold pressure? Consider installing one, at least temporarily, to see the behavior of the system. It's easy to tee in to the manifold pressure on the A3/B4 engine.