Anyone know anything abt a Blk 98 Jetta with Bora emblem

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
I have a friend of a friend that just got a Black 98 Jetta TDI with a Bora emblem on the deck lid last week off of Craig's List . The new owner is in Colorado where the car is parked currently incapacitated .

The turbo went out on it yesterday just after he purchased it . I'm Just trying to find out if anyone here knows the car ??

I know very little about the car other than a brief look I took at it this morning before starting on a parts search for it .

A brief description ;

It is a Black 1998 TDI that someone replaced the Jetta emblem with a Bora emblem . The car appears to have a factory alarm ( power locks ) but the fuel door locking pin is missing and the original fuel cap is gone having been replaced with a cheap aftermarket one .

The rear of the car appears to have been repainted as there is a lot of debris in the paint but not the front doors & other parts of the car don't seem to have been repainted .

There is a hole the size of a quarter in the passenger side headlight and the reflectors in the bumper on that side look a little askew .

Sound familiar to anyone ??

varybarry

TDI
Jetta
It doesn't sound familiar to me, but I wouldn't go near it. It obviousy has some serious problems mechanically, plus a questionable body.