Anyone here live in Arizona?

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
That’s going to be a big climate change, compared to Maine! I used to go out there when I was younger and loved the heat... too old for it, now.

-Todd

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Wow Mark, that's a huge move cross-country like that. At one time I thought you mentioned NC but never imagined AZ.

Closest member I can think of ATM is rapidrob but he's in NM IIRC but I do know we did at one time have someone in AZ.

Good luck on your move, this will be a big effort, that's a 2686 mile (give or take) trip I would only want to make once!!

Steve

Jetta SS

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta
Used to go there every 4th of July for the city wide waterballoon fight. Very hilly town, it was a challenge driving a manual there.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
I'm in Phoenix. Only get out to Prescott about once a year though. Welcome to AZ.

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
Morning...
I am in Apache Junction if you have questions needed answered or just info.

Prescott is quite OK. Cooler that Phoenix about 10-15 F summertime, gets 30's in winter nights but your TDI should come well prepared. 👍...

I've been out of the forum for a while but planning a turbo install quite soon (💲available so back in the loop).

Let me know what information you may want...
John

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
Thank you Abacus. I think we should try to put together a GTG. I have a smallish 2 car garage but the culdesac can park 10 cars or so.

tbones

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat wagon tdi, 1991 Corrado TDI (sold)1983 Vanagon 7pass.GL 1.6td 1982 Westy;THE PHOENIX 1.6na(NOW JX/5speed) my partner's 2014 Jetta Sportwagon 6spd manual AND MY NEW TOY/PROJECT... Sunny, a bright yellow 87 syncro Westy with 1Z TDI motor
I'll be passing through next week...

There's no ocean in AZ... but your B4's will rust less... (everythings a compromise) :cool:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Mark, it'll be sad to see you leave New England. Guess I'll have to hold up the B4 contingent at GTGs in the future!

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I'm honestly sorry to be leaving New England as well, but it's time for a new adventure. I will be back though, we bought a camp on Moosehead Lake and plan on coming back go visit.

Only 5 weeks to go. I just hope the person interested in the sedan is actually going to buy it. If they don't I don't know what I'll do. I have to get the wagon out to TDIDaveNH next month as well. That I'm coming back for when it's warmer. I can only take one vehicle at a time.

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
I lived in Prescott for 4 years while in college at Embry Riddle. Coming from the mountains in Colorado, I found it quite pleasant. Good combination of high desert and coniferous forest. Big retirement town mixed with 3 different types of college kids. One of my favorite places to visit was the Liquor Deli just north of downtown. Good food and of course beer.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I'm honestly sorry to be leaving New England as well, but it's time for a new adventure. I will be back though, we bought a camp on Moosehead Lake and plan on coming back go visit.

Only 5 weeks to go. I just hope the person interested in the sedan is actually going to buy it. If they don't I don't know what I'll do. I have to get the wagon out to TDIDaveNH next month as well. That I'm coming back for when it's warmer. I can only take one vehicle at a time.
Wait what? You didn't sell the wagon did you..?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
Mark I feel ya; selling a house is a huge PITA. Hope things go smoothly from here on.

DonL

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI wagon (BEW)
I live at 3,500' elevation in Kingman. People go to Prescott, Williams and Flagstaff to cool off during the summer. Very different there from the desert where I live. Also, it get COLD up that way in the winter. We have real winters here with lows in the 20s not being unusual. We also have real summers (corrected), with highs of 100 or more. Prescott routinely runs 8 degrees or so less, year round.

Last edited:

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
Mark, just in case you have a bigger turbo that will fit my B4, let me know...(save you carrying another part 😊).

BTW, have a good trip, time the weather properly 👍

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Made it to Prescott. Very different here but looking forward to it. I hope to travel back this summer and drive the wagon out. It’s currently with TDIDaveNH getting a once over and a few things corrected.

Diesel_Aggie

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4, 1996 B4V
Abacus, which states will you make your two allowed fuel stops in? I can't see quite making it with only one fuel stop......unless you have a spare tire grease tank filled with diesel.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
Where'd you end up? The wife and I nosed around there. We liked Prescott Valley and Chino Valley up the 89. Prescott itself seemed pretty crowded.

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Prescott is one of the places we are considering for winter/transition home going forward. Let us know general thoughts of the area as you settle in. I believe you are coming from one of the higher housing price markets (Boston area). I'd be interested in hearing cost and availability perceptions from you as well.

Oops, see you really weren't Boston area. Ignore that part.

Hope you end up liking it.

Last edited: