Anyone here live in Arizona?

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Yes, we found a place in Dewey, right down the road and quieter than Prescott. It's only at 4,600' elevation but should still be cool enough in the summer. It was more than we wanted to pay but needs nothing (yea, no more working on projects!), has great views with incredible sunsets, no HOA, its own well, and enough land to plant a garden and some fruit trees. It has a garage but my wife has already let me know I can't have 'projects' in it. We can road cycle right from the driveway, which is something we couldn't do from many of the other houses due to being on dirt roads. We move in at the end of the April.

The other good thing that happened is I found a job in the area, so we're not relying on just her income. I start tomorrow.

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Fantastic! Great news all around.

Looks like a nice setup all around with a pretty piece of property.

Hopefully will get a chance to meet when we finally get out that way to check the area out.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
If you need to find a realtor, I doubt you'd find one better than ours. She even found us our rental until we could buy a place. She's easily the hardest working and nicest realtor we've met anywhere.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
If you need to find a realtor, I doubt you'd find one better than ours. She even found us our rental until we could buy a place. She's easily the hardest working and nicest realtor we've met anywhere.
Looks like a very nice place Mark. Looks like it might have enough space for another garage? One where projects are allowed?

Steve

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
There is enough space for another garage, but time will tell. I might do a portable storage shed or something similar, but the objective is to have any long term projects become short term ones and enjoy them more. Still, something to keep the sun and hail off a vehicle is in order. Our plan is to move in another 10 years or so when I retire, then do the snowbird thing between Maine and the Florida Keys. At least that's the plan, but you can't work a plan if you don't have a plan.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
There is enough space for another garage, but time will tell. I might do a portable storage shed or something similar, but the objective is to have any long term projects become short term ones and enjoy them more. Still, something to keep the sun and hail off a vehicle is in order. Our plan is to move in another 10 years or so when I retire, then do the snowbird thing between Maine and the Florida Keys. At least that's the plan, but you can't work a plan if you don't have a plan.
I've found that a 'facility' located away from where I live tends to get the least amount of angst from neighbors, not that they would say anything, but in the neighborhood where I live I would be considered the black sheep or the 'hillbilly' with regard to autos....lol.

I tend to push the boundary on working on stuff in the driveway at home but I never go quite far enough to get the opposition into the driveway!!

Steve

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
My friends dad lives in dewey, he is a cop. He came to our house many a time when i was in college to talk to us about our parties.