Anyone heard of Powertdi in Poland?

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
1984 CJ w/ ALH and 1994 XJ w/ PD150/ALH hybrid
So I talked with them yesterday, and they said they provide the turbos for GotTuned and the injectors for Xman.

Just wondering if anyone had any info on them.

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
b4v....died, engine swapped into mk1 caddy
Hello. We cooperate with very more company. Turbines, injectors and other we have our production.
My site http://powertdi.pl. on ebay https://ebay.pl/itm/Turbo-GTB2060vklr-para-1-9-TDI-y-2-0-TDI-para-300-HP/264228520291
I’m the one that you accidentally made turbo for dpf and here in the states we don’t have. So at the end of week , early next week when the new turbo shows up.... idc what has been said. I vouch for this guy and his service. To be continued......

cobreti

TDI
1.9 TDI
Yes we made for you turbo for DPF. Sorry. Today we send to you turbo for normal engine. On Europe your engine have DPF that we send that turbo:(

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes we made for you turbo for DPF. Sorry. Today we send to you turbo for normal engine. On Europe your engine have DPF that we send that turbo:(
All good. As long as you get that turbo out to me in a timely manner you’ve been fair and ok in my book. Honest mistake and your taking care it.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Welcome cobreti, don't need a turbo at the moment, but I'll certainly
consider your turbos when I upgrade.
Cheers!

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
€100 shipping for a set of four nozzles...not full injectors, just the nozzles???

Thanks, but I'll be doing my shopping elsewhere.

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
€100 shipping for a set of four nozzles...not full injectors, just the nozzles???

Thanks, but I'll be doing my shopping elsewhere.
Either a mistake or weird cad shipping cus my turbo was like $58-68 shipping

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Shipping to USA for the same package was €80 - so, a bit less, but still, for something that weighs less than a 500g....?

cobreti

TDI
1.9 TDI
If you bought only nozzles then price for delivery is about 50€, 80-100€ this is price for Fedex fly services and weight 15-20kg(turbo etc.)

Last edited:

cobreti

TDI
1.9 TDI
160$ cost 4x nozzles + delivery on my site. On site what paste Rrusse11 cost for 4x nozzles and delivery is 250$ by post.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Vendor Registration!

You're going to have to apply for vendor status or you will get banned from the site. Registration is simple and you can find out how to do it HERE.

160$ cost 4x nozzles + delivery on my site. On site what paste Rrusse11 cost for 4x nozzles and delivery is 250$ by post.

cobreti

TDI
1.9 TDI
All good. As long as you get that turbo out to me in a timely manner you’ve been fair and ok in my book. Honest mistake and your taking care it.
swapmeat when you send back first turbo? You got new turbo and now don't answear me everywhere??

daniel.

Vendor
TDI
335d : VW Golf 7 CR150+, VW lupo 1.9TDI, VW Golf 1.9TDI ALH
The guys at Kerma told me to stay clear of them.
And if kerma tell you to jump from 5ft floor, will you do it? There's lot of EU companies that offer great products on reasonable prices...
Personally bought from Powertdi, a set of PD injections and I'm extremely happy. If you check the ebay feedbacks, you'll see why this company offer a great quality items.

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
I've found that many folks have used them in my research. I personally went with them as well for both turbo and injectors. Overall the turbo and injectors look great at face value, and here soon I'll be testing it out with the appropriate tune.

Some vendors expect you to spend significantly more than others for the same product (in essence). If I can get a GT1752 turbo from PowerTDI for $430 (pre-shipping), an XMAN GT1752MFS turbo for $626 (pre-shipping) or a Kerma DOKA plus (17/22, 17/52) for $1389 (free shipping), you can effectively get three of the same turbos from one vendor or two from the other for the price of one from the final vendor.

It's up to what you decide to do with your money. Don't fall for anyone's BS though. If a vendor will/can put down another product in favor of their own, then you should look as to their motivation for the information provided. Do your own research. Best of luck to all.

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
Little calculating example:

"Cheap" vendor product
Based on used old turbo with unknown history, unknown fatigue of the used materials
"Upgraded" with cheap chinese CHRA (cost about 15USD) and maybe some billet wheel of unknown source in a low loan land. All put together in a low loan land.
Total cost to make it: Maybe 100€, possibly less. Sells for 400€, so at least 300€ or 300% profit for the vendor.

"Expensive" vendor product
Based on genuine new product which alone already costs more than the complete upgraded cheap unit.
Made/upgraded with genuine parts in a western standard loan land.
Total cost to make it: About 750€, sells for 900€. Profit 150€, or 20% for the vendor to supply a state of the art product.

And now tell me WHO of those 2 is ripping the customer of please.....

The one who sells you you upgraded junk with 300% profit, or the one who sells you a product based on a genuine new unit plus upgrades and 20% profit?

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
It's quite easy to speculate, and in most circumstances I would say go with "genuine parts." The problem becomes that China is now the largest exporter of steel, aluminum, and other metals. This "inferior" billet could still be used, and while the VE pumps used outdated technology compared to common rail, I see what your pointing to. Sometimes their products are inferior, and at others they are just as good. There are vendors that have been fooled in the past with clone parts, and were unaware. These same clone parts are running perfectly fine, not only in VWs, but in a variety of other manufactureres and most of them work fine. Balancing a turbo doesn't take that much "state of the art" technology. Nor does checking clearances or measuring deflection.

Here's another thought using your example ($400 vs $1015.29 (although it's technically closer to $1400)): both turbo's last just as long....now what? There are plenty of folks running alternatives to expensive turbos (ESPECIALLY XMAN), with no major things to report of. No series of exploding billet turbines, no broken common shafts, no holes forming in the cheap materials used; nothing major (while it would be foolish to speculate that there aren't ANY failures, in fact speculating without data is not a good way to make an informed decision). AFAIK nobody knows where these new turbos are made, and to what specifications. We can guesstimate that yes they used the most top of the line systems to produce the highest quality product, but we have no clue. They could just be buying "junk" and putting their label on it, I'm not sure how they do it in Austria, but can tell you that a ton of manufacturers do this for all sorts of things (look at tools). I can say that nobody in the US is allowed to sell new Colt Stage 2 cams (unless this has changed in the last year), except for Kerma, hence why many go with a Frank06 stage 2 cam (with great success from what I've read). Why would you want to corner the market on a particular part? Maybe because you want to control the price of that part on said market?

Ever heard of the De Beers corporation/Cartel? Ever wonder why diamonds are so expensive? It's not that they are unique, or that they use state of the art technology to cut and polish the stones, but rather that they control the market, and artificially inflate it's value (kinda like crypto a few years back).

In the end, I suggest that everyone does what works for them. Make your own decisions based on the experiences of others (not just one) and best of luck in whatever you choose.

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
I see your point, the basic decision is the same on both sides.

As customer: Do I want best possible quality and am I willing to pay for it? Or do I want a cheap product and take the higher risk of failure?

As vendor: Do I want to offer the besst posssible product and have less profit and also less returns? Or do I want to offer a cheap product, have way more profit and higher (theoretic) risk of returns?
"Theoretic" because of most warranty claims, especially in tuning/motorsports products are neglected to do customer/tuning failures anyway....

And then as customer I have to ask myself who I want to support.

This all above is regarding to the tuning/motorsports products which are off road use only.

When you offer OE replacements, you will need to proof somehow that you have sold an OE specified product in case of an damage or in worst case when a failing unit causing an accident with people harmed in it, but thats an different story anyway.

I terms of the workshop equipment, there is quite a difference in quality and precision, so imho it does make a difference if I use a balancing rig which only calculates the high rpm vibrations or if I use a machine which can actually truly MEASURE it....(Just as an example)

The only thing I can tell you is, that even here in my tiny little 1 man turbo shop I get about 3-4 "cheapo" turbos for request of repair (which I dont do) which show inferior quality every month. Re-used defective housings, "balancing" sheets which are just a replicated copy, fake warranty certificates and so on.
And the shocking thing is, that these units often come from so called "reputable" or lets say at least "well known" vendors.....

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
As customer: Do I want best possible quality and am I willing to pay for it? Or do I want a cheap product and take the higher risk of failure?
Show your proof that the highest prices always leads to highest quality. Show your destructive testing or non-destructive testing. Show where you've used your hardness tester and prove, time and time again (or at least with a 51% certanty) that the products that are in the higher priced parts are superior, AND show that there is a conclusive CAUSATION that these "inferior" parts are the basis for failure. Problem is, you can't. All we can do is speculate (both of us).
As vendor: Do I want to offer the besst posssible product and have less profit and also less returns? Or do I want to offer a cheap product, have way more profit and higher (theoretic) risk of returns?
Unless you're doing NDT or DT, you can only have good faith that the products that you're offering have only the highest quality materials. Others in the past felt like they were received Rosten branded rods, but in fact were cloned out and installed. MOST of these individuals never had a problem, and never knew there was an issue. Unbeknownst to them, they paid premium price for a "cheaper" product (but it worked). Measurements are very important when it comes to balance, but strength comes from castings and materials used, and how the process was completed. Unless you have that information, or you do NDT or DT, you're praying for the best materials, and charging a premium for it. Hopefully you're getting the best, and not being tricked.
"Theoretic" because of most warranty claims, especially in tuning/motorsports products are neglected to do customer/tuning failures anyway....
Made me smile because it's the truth. Someone could blow up their car, and very easily blame someone else for their lack of preparation and doing this the right way, vs the easy way. Someone can cut corners, and then use it to shape their basis of opinion on a product. Many bad things can come from chasing more power. I don't envy vendors, because I'm sure they have to put up with a lot of BS due to this.
And then as customer I have to ask myself who I want to support.
As the customer you also needs to decide, "as a financially responsible adult, which makes the most sense." Since we all work hard for our money we need to be fiscally responsible. If spending three times as much for a product that will do what I need it to is the right decision for you, then who am I to argue. If the product that costs 1/3 the price and works, then well, only you can decide.
When you offer OE replacements, you will need to proof somehow that you have sold an OE specified product in case of an damage or in worst case when a failing unit causing an accident with people harmed in it, but thats an different story anyway.
I don't believe that the turbos we've been discussing are OE replacements, but are rather hybrids of factory turbos. In any case, you don't want a unit to fail ESPECIALLY if someone could potentially is injured. Let's be honest though. When someone puts on a bigger turbo, injectors, "tune," etc they're doing it to go faster. Whether it's acceleration or top speed, on or off road/track, it's what it is for. When does it become the responsibility of the individuals who use the product over those that built it? When it comes to reliability.
I terms of the workshop equipment, there is quite a difference in quality and precision, so imho it does make a difference if I use a balancing rig which only calculates the high rpm vibrations or if I use a machine which can actually truly MEASURE it....(Just as an example)
Of course. Dynamic vs static, single vs dual plane, etc, etc. Having quality equipment that is used to balance these turbos is VERY critical. As is quality individuals that know how to use it. Even then, if it's balanced perfectly, with the highest quality equipment it could still fail if that higher priced billet wheel that was branded as made in XXX country, but was instead was made with inferior castings melts and causes an unbalance and fails. We try to plan and mitigate these things from happening. We often do that by getting the highest quality parts.
The only thing I can tell you is, that even here in my tiny little 1 man turbo shop I get about 3-4 "cheapo" turbos for request of repair (which I dont do) which show inferior quality every month. Re-used defective housings, "balancing" sheets which are just a replicated copy, fake warranty certificates and so on.
There is cheap and then there is inferior. Not knowing the specifics of where these "cheapo" turbos come from, then I'm at a loss as to what to say. I'm sure these individuals have begun to "sing from the rooftops" these vendors that have tricked them into getting inferior parts with fabricated stories and paperwork. Can you tell us who some of these vendors are? Can you show us some threads on where they had their problems? Can you tell us more specifics on the "defective housings"? Pics, anything else? If you're getting 3-4 a month, then that's 36-48 a year, surely you have pictures of inferior bushings, shafts, turbines, etc that can be proof-positive that Xman and PowerTDI both have inferior products, as it seems like you're alluding to.

Or are you just suggesting that we find what we want, and buy the highest priced version of it because it has to be the highest quality? That's crazy talk. Now what I will say that if XXX vendor is always talking to us on forums, and giving us advice that is unbiased, and trying to help and their XXX product is 10% more than someone who I don't personally have a relationship with, then it makes more sense to go with the vendor is there to support you. Always remember though that while 10% of $1 is $0.01 10% of $10,000 is $1,000. Once you start building diesels up buying the higher priced items becomes pricey. I guess it all depends on your end goal, and how deep your pockets are for said project.

Last edited:

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
Don't get me wrong, the times where I thought I need to go on a "mission" on the interwebs is long gone.

There is a supplier for every demand, and I still think that "You get what you pay for" is valid.

To avoid using low quality or inferior parts there is still the option to go with OE suppliers and keep the list of suppliers short.

The benefit is, that OE suppliers have to do all the testing and proof, without this done, they would not receive their certificates and would no longer be OE suppliers.

Cheap aftermarket suppliers have none of this.

And to be honest: Would you want to start an lawsuit with some factory in China in case of an serious issue? They would not care at all probably....

Like written above, warranty stuff and so on is not applicable in tuning/motorsports anyway, its an optional thing from the vendor, and therefor can be stretched/denied as the vendor wishes. (More or less)
But in OE applications for street legal use, we in Austria have a warranty period by law, and in case of an failing part causing an serious accident or further defects on the car, as supplier you have to proof that you provided OE quality or above. (Thats why it is easiest and safest way to stick with OE suppliers and avoid selling cheapo stuff from 3rd party aftermarket suppliers with 0 certificates)

On my FB page you find some of the pictures of bad examples, but you must understand that there will be no "Name and shame" going on, simply because this will get me into trouble with the suppliers denying this **** came from their company.
Also please understand that I don't always have the chance to take pictures of every bad part I get in my hands because sometimes the customer is with me and does not wan't it to be posted up, and sometimes I simply don't have the time or clean hands to take pictures.

One more thing to consider when making decisions:
Very often poeple who had bad experience with a cheap suplier will not make a big shout out on it, firstly because some may be ashamed that they fell into this trick, some fear a fight with the supplier (see above) and some just dont care and go a different route afterwards.

This is my experience of the last 10 years, it does not refer to the company named in the OP, but in general.
And it gets worse the more suppliers of cheap turbos flood the market.

Last edited:

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
Don't get me wrong, the times where I thought I need to go on a "mission" on the interwebs is long gone.
We're not on missions, but rather having a discussion on what we think and feel. I agree with some of your thoughts, and I believe you agree with some of mine. My mind is very analytical. I dissect each part of a conversation to try and see where others are coming from, and to have a counter-point to each idea. That is unless I completely agree.
There is a supplier for every demand, and I still think that "You get what you pay for" is valid.
In some circumstances I agree. I know a guy that paid $500 USD for a wallet while in the Kingdom of Bahrain. While I personally don't see the need for a wallet that expensive, especially because all it is is a name brand wallet, but others might disagree. This of course is an extreme example, but to further speak my point, I don't believe that a $50 wallet is any different than my $25 that I've had for the past 5 years or so.
To avoid using low quality or inferior parts there is still the option to go with OE suppliers and keep the list of suppliers short.
The benefit is, that OE suppliers have to do all the testing and proof, without this done, they would not receive their certificates and would no longer be OE suppliers.
Cheap aftermarket suppliers have none of this.
I agree that OE is normally the best route for quality parts. These parts, in my opinion, are often the best (especially when they've gone through 10 versions to upgrade the original) but are also more expensive. For example looking up the original turbo for my car, through VW, it's $1553.04 for an OE VNT15 turbo. While I know it's better it sill carries a 1 year warranty, the same as other vendors that are not OE.
And to be honest: Would you want to start an lawsuit with some factory in China in case of an serious issue? They would not care at all probably....
This is where things may be different between Austria and the United States. I've had my head in enough law books, international code, CFRs, etc, to know the reality of suing a large company in China or the United States (even VW) is a lose-lose situation. Firstly because unlike them, we don't have unlimited funds, secondly as opposed to based on the preponderance of the evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt is a much greater hurdle to jump. Maybe in Austria it's easier just to walk down and sue a corporation, but here it's much more difficult.
Like written above, warranty stuff and so on is not applicable in tuning/motorsports anyway, its an optional thing from the vendor, and therefor can be stretched/denied as the vendor wishes. (More or less)
But in OE applications for street legal use, we in Austria have a warranty period by law, and in case of an failing part causing an serious accident or further defects on the car, as supplier you have to proof that you provided OE quality or above. (Thats why it is easiest and safest way to stick with OE suppliers and avoid selling cheapo stuff from 3rd party aftermarket suppliers with 0 certificates)
Again, this must be different between our countries. Hell, you can buy a new car, have a history of a particular failure or code, and it's like pulling teeth to have the dealership and the manufacturer to agree that it's a lack of craftsmanship. We do have Federal Organizations that help the consumer with recalls, but they can only do so much. A good example that comes to my head is the Toyota Tundra. In between the valve cover and the cam cage it develops a leak. Not all of them do, but enough that a group of individuals experience the same situation. Nothing is done. Instead your options are to either do it yourself or pay a crazy amount of money for the dealership to do it (unless you can find a reputable shop to do it).
On my FB page you find some of the pictures of bad examples, but you must understand that there will be no "Name and shame" going on, simply because this will get me into trouble with the suppliers denying this **** came from their company.
I can understand that point. Don't get into trouble, if that would occur.
Also please understand that I don't always have the chance to take pictures of every bad part I get in my hands because sometimes the customer is with me and does not wan't it to be posted up, and sometimes I simply don't have the time or clean hands to take pictures.
Again, no worries. All I'm looking for is proof that XXX vendor provided customer XXX with XXX part and it failed because of XXX. It's very easy for me to assume that it's a simple case, but I'm not a vendor, so I don't know.
One more thing to consider when making decisions:
Very often poeple who had bad experience with a cheap suplier will not make a big shout out on it, firstly because some may be ashamed that they fell into this trick, some fear a fight with the supplier (see above) and some just dont care and go a different route afterwards.
Hell, again this is where we differ as countries and their citizens. I'm sitting here singing the praises of companies, that others might find inferior. If my engine blows up, trust me when I say I'll be ashamed, if it was due to a part that I should've spent XXX instead of being cheap. But believe you me, I'm going to sing from the roof tops, in the way that others have, so that people learn from my mistakes. That said, for every failure that we hear about, there are untold numbers of success stories that people don't go around bragging about. It's in our nature to talk negatively about our experience over talking positively. For these forums and FB groups to work (as I believe they should), then we need to talk about these things. In the same way we should help individuals when they have problems, we should talk about experiences with different vendors and their products.
This is my experience of the last 10 years, it does not refer to the company named in the OP, but in general.
And it gets worse the more suppliers of cheap turbos flood the market.
Thank you for sharing your experiences Majesty78.

Here are my final thoughts.
China has gotten better in the last 10 years. Their GDP went from almost 6.1 trillion in 2010 to 14.2 trillion in 2019 (and it's expected to be more this year). If you compare 2010 to 2000 and it was 1.2 trillion. What I'm getting at is they're growing and producing more and more each year. In fact, they are the largest exporter currently. I'd wager that the quality control from 2000 was worse than 2010, which was worse than 2019-2020.

We all have a choice to make in the end. If rods can be made all at the same factory in China, and each different vendor lasers their name brand on them, why would a consumer pay two times as much for the same part? Turbos, I think you can agree, are a totally different story. These we have to go on by word of mouth of others, and their experiences, including those that have a tendency to blame others for their mistakes (but weeding them out if we can). Then, and only then, can we make an informed decision as to which route we go.

There are plenty of examples of XXX name-brand vendor having quality control issues if you go back far enough in their history (say the last 10 years). Turbos being a big problem. You can find some customers that were happy with their support, and others that were screwed over (at least in their eyes). Those that felt screwed over had valid points, but I still felt that XXX vendor HAD to be good. Look at their website. Look at all the video's online. It was only after I called and spoke with them that I realized I would've made a mistake purchasing my go-fast parts from them. "We offer a military discount!" "well, not on those parts..." "We all drive TDI's, whereas vendor from Canada has never owned one." "You don't want to go with that setup with XXX vendor, you want our XXX turbo, our tune box (that is locked to them) and XXX injectors to reach that goal." Speaking with them over the course of a month or so taught me that I didn't want to do business with them. Since going my route, I've gotten my car faster that I had ever wanted, and I'm about to make it faster. If it blows up, I dry my tears, and move on. But had I spent 2-3 times as much for the same parts for the same inevitable conclusion I'd be crying more.

Sorry for the long reply.

Last edited:

D-cappz

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ALH, 6 speed, 4motion, fully loaded, leather heated interior, sunroof, steering wheel controls. Over 420,000km

erykkuld

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mk4 1.9L 4motion 115hp AJM
Well so anyway ignoring the interesting argument above has anyone here ran powertdi turbo's for a while? Whats your experience? Dakrside is way too expensive since they upped their prices after this year.

Last edited: