Anyone heard of "Deezol"?

Ted Strong

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 1998, Red; Passat TDI Wagon, 2005, Silverstone Gray
Anyone heard of \"Deezol\"?

So my wife and I are throwing my brother and his fiancee a wedding shower this last weekend. My uncle, who owns a Dodge Cummins truck, told me I need to buy a diesel fuel conditioner product called Deezol. The whole thing sounded kind of like Amway because "you can't get it in stores, only from a dealer". My uncle just happends to be a "dealer". Anyway, I'm thinking of buying the stuff just to ward off any family feuds. Has anyone heard of this stuff? Is it legitimate?

dparnell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Re: Anyone heard of \"Deezol\"?

I went to their website and placed a dealer inquiry---we sell diesel generators. They are sending me some to try. Since I pretty much sold on DR. Diesel it should be interesting, I'll do a comparision and post the results.

------------------

jaydhall

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE, 1999 NB, 1999.5 Jetta GLS, 2004 Jetta

dparnell

Can you tell me why you are "sold" on Dr. Diesel? I am trying to decide which additive to put in my sweet little TDI and would like as much input as possible. I got a free sample of Dr. Diesle and used it up. Next tank will start the Red line.

What kind of price did you get for Dr. Diesel? There advertised price seems a bit much. Thanks for any input!

M

mickey

dparnell, I'd also like to hear your take on Dr. Diesel. I got a free sample on the "Doyle Parnell" plan and gave it a try. With the Wetterauer chip in full cry I was getting about 45 mpg. The first tankful with Dr. Diesel dropped to 44 mpg. (Tying a record for "worst ever".) The second tankful I deliberately tried to conserve fuel, and managed to eke out 47 mpg. I'm somewhat less than overwhelmed by the results. I have to say that I have yet to discover any kind of fuel additive that makes a difference in fuel mileage. Or in the amount of smoke, for that matter. If the stuff does a good job lubricating the fuel pump, like they claim it does, then I guess it's as good as anything. (And that's really what I'm after. Any other benefit would just be "gravy".) Any thoughts?

-mickey

dparnell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon

Sorry guys, I guess I dropped the thread on this one. The only reason I came back here was that I received a quart of DEE-ZOL to try.
I like Dr. Diesel for lubrication and to prevent algae growth---especially since I have 500 gallon storage tanks. Like Mickey, any increases in fuel mileage has been minor or nonexistant. However, I have noticed less smoke with DR. Diesel, especially in my backhoe.
DEE-ZOl is another story. A 32 oz bottle treats 320 gallons---it says it reduces emissions 50-90%,increases mileage up to 25%, and contains a lubricant, cold flow improver, cetane enhancer, detergent, moisture eliminator and injector cleaner.
I'm going to put some in the Golf since it needs fuel anyway, but the real test will be my Datsun diesel---its' rear bumper is BLACK and it's a real slug. This stuff is supposed to reduce black smoke and increase power. It's noticeably thinner than DR Diesel and much more aromatic.
Since I'm a dealer I get DR Diesel wholesale---a 5 gallon pail was $104+18 shipping.
The additive I put in for cleaning, increased power and better fuel economy is Kreen---it works and the difference is NOTICEABLE!!
I also put it in the engine oil every 1000-1500 miles.
------------------

[This message has been edited by dparnell (edited July 23, 1999).]

dparnell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon

Mickey, Kreen is about the consistency of WD-40 or liquid wrench. It's a drivitative of their penetrating oil Kroil---the best I've every used.
After 50 miles on DEE-ZOL, I'm not impressed---power seems less---used twice the normal amount as recommended for the 1st couple of tanks. If it doeesn't get any better, I'll at some Kreen to see what happens.

------------------

M

mickey

"Increases mileage by up to 25%. Reduces emissions by 50 to 90%." That is the most unmitigated BS and poppycock I've ever heard. Maybe they have a good product, maybe they don't. But people like me are automatically turned off by those kind of wildly exaggerated claims. Oh, well. The additive search continues...

Does anyone know where I can get a thin, middle-distillates paraffinic (ashless) lubricating oil? Preferably one that comes without a lot of excessive marketing hyperbole attached to it? Maybe something that was never even intended for use in diesel fuel, like a light machine oil or something. I'll mix that up with some cetane booster, and maybe a pour point modifier in the winter. If I mix it myself from individual components I'll know for sure what I'm getting.

-mickey

dparnell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon

DEE-ZOL sucks. After 2 tankfulls performance was diminished. Went back to my Dr Diesel/Kreen mix and power returned. No increase in mileage---but hard to tell with new powerbox.

------------------