Anyone have experience with FCP Euro?

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
Not happy with the corn fields?

I cross shop FCP, IDparts and Shopdap.

IDparts usually wins for tdi specific stuff, and their economy $9 shipping ends up being next day.

FCP also used to ship a fair amount out of CT so it was pretty darn quick too, but im guessing thats going to change as they move to more business friendly state than CT (everyone's leaving CT, WWE, Lego, GE).
FCP is staying and expanding in CT.

They're just also opening a second facility out West.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Not happy with the corn fields?

I cross shop FCP, IDparts and Shopdap.

IDparts usually wins for tdi specific stuff, and their economy $9 shipping ends up being next day.

FCP also used to ship a fair amount out of CT so it was pretty darn quick too, but im guessing thats going to change as they move to more business friendly state than CT (everyone's leaving CT, WWE, Lego, GE).
I'm not unhappy with Iowa...except that the property taxes are pretty outrageous and previously the state income tax was pretty egregious.

But I doubt you're ever going to find a large auto parts warehouse out in Iowa anywhere. It was more sarcasm than anything...

Steve

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I'm amazed there's such a manufacturing presence still in NH. Lot of autoparts get pushed out of Hitchner, automotive lights from the Sylvania, then there's NH Ball bearing that yup you guessed it . . .

Its gone down since it's hay day but they are still here.

Tuheeden

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 & 2014 Jetta sportwagon
I'm surprised nobody mentioned ECS tuning? IDParts is great and FCP is also good but I end up at ECS for parts that I can't find on the others.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I'd go to my dealer and toss the parts guy a P/N vs rolling the dice of ESC.

Not that i've had bad purchases from ECS just thats where they end up on the pecking order.

smketrny

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDi, 2015 Passat TDi
For the most part, no complaints with FCP. Last order, I was sent the wrong fuel filter. Sent pics to verify and that was the last time i heard from them. I waited a month, and was given a $10 credit on my next purchase. Things happen, but will use them anytime.

TillModel3

TDI
2011 JSW manual 6sp
Dealer just ran my vin and tells me that I need the G-052-527-A2. My 2011 JSW is hard to get into first gear, regardless of temperature, unless I do it a certain way, and it has the original stuff inside. Wondering if you all think changing the fluid might fix the problem. Less than 10k on the clutch, and I just had the dealer bleed and replace the brake/clutch fluid. Only 130k on the car.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Short answer is yes. Similar experience in same car, same mileage. Linkage adjustment after clutch replacement didn't make much of a difference. Fluid change did help. Good rule is replace gear oil every 100K miles.

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
Looking forward to them opening in Mesa, AZ, so that I can pick up at warehouse and avoid shipping fees.
Free shipping over $49, so shipping costs are pretty much built into the price of everything. Is there a will-call discount? I'm guessing no. The only benefit to a local warehouse is avoiding return shipping fees on used antifreeze, AFAICT.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
lol at sending old fluids back. You know they can't do anything with it. Seems like an exercise to make you pay more out of your pocket needlessly.

Do they prorate that if you are short the 4.5quarts from an oil change by a percentage for the warranty?

Last edited:

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
lol at sending old fluids back. You know they can't do anything with it. Seems like an exercise to make you pay more out of your pocket needlessly.

Do they prorate that if you are short the 4.5quarts from an oil change by a percentage for the warranty?
Read:

Free shipping back via PayPal, or if you're local like me, just drop it off. You aren't refunded for consumables or incomplete returns.

It absolutely is a gimmick, but if you can make it work, you do come out ahead. But yes, 99% of people are not going to pay to ship fluids to save $50 on their next OCI.

x1800MODMY360x

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Read:

Free shipping back via PayPal, or if you're local like me, just drop it off. You aren't refunded for consumables or incomplete returns.

It absolutely is a gimmick, but if you can make it work, you do come out ahead. But yes, 99% of people are not going to pay to ship fluids to save $50 on their next OCI.
Paypal killed the free return shipping, I used that for my FCP returns. Last DSG fluid change I paid $45 to return the fluid as well the engine oil and filter even the fuel filter.

I can't wait for the Mesa location to open up, will drop off my returns to save shipping cost :giggle: