Anyone have any pictures of a bosal tow bar installed on a mk5 jetta?

OMALLEY_808

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 JETTA TDI

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Have you done an advanced search? I swear photos have been posted here somewhere, but I can't remember where.
Also pose the question at Vortex...

OMALLEY_808

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 JETTA TDI
It's different for a wagon and sedan.

I found lots of jsw install pics but not much for sedan....

OMALLEY_808

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 JETTA TDI
are you sure about that? I thought the 06-09 were the same, golf/wagon/sedan. try asking in this thread.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=255330
Well they have a different rear bumper for the jsw and end up doing some funky hack on the rear bumper where they have a template that they cut out. Would like to know if this is different for the Jetta sedan or if US sedans don't have this cutout option and need a euro spec bumper or something crazy....

Mk4 is pretty straight forward, I had one of those with a hitch and lots more room and ground clearance than the mk5 and newer...

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
MKV jetta US cars bumpers have to be cut. You can get a Euro lower valence but at $400 y would ya? I used a jog saw to cut mine out and just used the cut out piece to fill the hole. It doesnt look terrible.

Last edited:

325_Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
MkV Jetta
I tried posting pics but it didn't work...anyways....

I just installed mine yesterday. With the tow ball removed, you cannot see anything at all. The hitch replaces the stock metal bracing behind the bumper.

On the rear bumper, there's a lightly inscribed square that corresponds to the area you need to cut out. It took me ten minutes and a steady hand to cut mine out using only a box cutter. Not too big a deal and it looks pretty good.

OMALLEY_808

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 JETTA TDI
Awesome thanks for the help guys! I'm going to order one of these as my car is lowered so there is no way I'll be getting away with a curt hitch on this one! Thanks again!