Anyone have an injection puller I can borrow?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Nigel, I dunno if you have your old one, but if you do could I borrow it? I can also pick up that linkage I need.

If in case Nigel hasn't found his, anyone have one? I'll need it for the middle of next week..

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Are people's injectors in there that badly? I've pulled injectors about 7 to 10 times now (not always on my car), and have never had an issue getting them out. I think a 15mm wrench fits around the body and you can wiggle side to side while pulling up. Yes, a puller makes things easier, but I've never really had one stuck in there.

auto_tech

Vendor
TDI
SOLD - 2001 Jetta blue; 2016 Jetta 1.4TSI 5spd
I've done a couple sets too without problem, just the last set was REALLY tight. I have something to make an adapter now for my slide hammer. I found the nut holding the front struts together has the right thread and I just happened to be replacing struts which gave me a couple of spare nuts.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
John, I have never tried it without a puller. I'd just hate to get halfway through and have one stuck :)

I gotta pick up a vice before next week to... :)

shaydee

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2002, White 2 door
Hey Bill

Kris (My buddy who was doing the intake cleaning at my GTG) just returned the puller to Nigel a couple of days ago!

If I had of known I could have routed it through you!:eek:

Mike

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
LNXGUY said:
Nigel, I dunno if you have your old one, but if you do could I borrow it? I can also pick up that linkage I need.

If in case Nigel hasn't found his, anyone have one? I'll need it for the middle of next week..
I will throw it in my car. I am on vacation next week, so you will have to pick it up tonight.

Nigel

dttech

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI Black
I have one if you need it but heading North tomorrow night so let me know.
email me if you like - dave at dttech . ca

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Picked up the puller and a new wiper linkage from Nigel after work :)

Steve, things will go extremely smoothly!! I just need to get over to Princess Auto and pick up a vice...

You have anything else you wanna do? Fuel filter etc? If you haven't done it yet, Tuesday would be the time to do it.

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
Fuel Filter Air filter, cabin filter, are all recent. Just need to do an intake cleaning. That is for another day though.
Only problem is my hood is stuck between open and closed, and won't close or open. I sent you a IM on the situation.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Bill, Canadian Tire has a sale on vices...I'd rather pick up a vice from there than from Princess Auto. Certain things I love picking up there...but tools I'll use on a very consistent basis: nope. Just a thought. ;)

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Thanks for the heads up John.

I like Princess Auto for the one time use tools, or the hard to find stuff. But handtools are usually Craftsman. Spend the money once, instead of spending twice or 3 times on cheap tools :)

I'll drop by there when I get home today and see what they have....