Anyone have a time machine to lend me?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Not far enough back for me. I need to go back a few more years and see if I can skip my open heart surgery! Well, maybe not skip it as much as find a less invasive way to repair the valve before it failed.

Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Veteran Member
TDI
00 ALH Tdi
Not far enough back for me. I need to go back a few more years and see if I can skip my open heart surgery! Well, maybe not skip it as much as find a less invasive way to repair the valve before it failed.

I have a smashy lower back that agrees with you. I do not want to get plated and screwed down there and in the neck until I am a robot. That sucks though bro.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I have a smashy lower back that agrees with you. I do not want to get plated and screwed down there and in the neck until I am a robot. That sucks though bro.
It's all good now. or mostly. 8 years since surgery. Two grandkids since and retirement next summer.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
That was one of the best Fests. Fantastic location, perfect weather that weekend. Surprisingly, my other favorite fest was in 2004 or 2005 also in Wisconsin, in Lake Mills. I miss those times.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
If i did have one that only did a one time go back ion time to do litterally anyting at all it would be to stop this thread from being posted so i didnt have to make this post and thus wasting the time i would have taken to proofreed and use some punchuaitons so you can understand my time traveling desires

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
You're not the only person who absolutely should have gone to Wisconsin in Sept. of 2016, lol. Ah, well- spilled milk and such.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
If i did have one that only did a one time go back ion time to do litterally anyting at all it would be to stop this thread from being posted so i didnt have to make this post and thus wasting the time i would have taken to proofreed and use some punchuaitons so you can understand my time traveling desires
Or just ignore posting. Isn't that earlier?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Happened to you?
Yeah. Reinforced hitch on my wagen. SUV hit me doing 40-45. Pushed me into the suv Infront. Hitch made my car fixable. Bent his frame. My hitch stuck out about 4" from the bumper. There was a clevice hitch in it that sticks out another 3. So it was pushed 7" or so. Pic of the bar was after I pulled it straighter so I could get it off.

Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Veteran Member
TDI
00 ALH Tdi
Yeah. Reinforced hitch on my wagen. SUV hit me doing 40-45. Pushed me into the suv Infront. Hitch made my car fixable. Bent his frame. My hitch stuck out about 4" from the bumper. There was a clevice hitch in it that sticks out another 3. So it was pushed 7" or so. Pic of the bar was after I pulled it straighter so I could get it off.

I had a similar incident that disturbed my cervical discs to the point of DDD and DJD.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
While we’re on the topic, I’d probably go back two years and NOT try to pick up that cross-auger by myself. Buggered my back up good doing that, should probably get it checked out some day.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
There's lots of poor choices I would undo, two brothers I would appreciate more, and all that. I am a firm believer that all things work together for good though, and I'm fine with that.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
There's lots of poor choices I would undo, two brothers I would appreciate more, and all that. I am a firm believer that all things work together for good though, and I'm fine with that.
Yup, we won’t get anywhere sitting around regretting past mistakes, what’s done is done, move on and learn from your slip-ups. I need to remember that more often.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Mistakes are the sizes and tests of life. Either pay a unimaginable amount of $$$$ for an education and hope to be lucky or..... just take what life gives you and learn from it and how to make it better.
The more you mess up the more valuable the $ lesson is. So keep your mind in gear..

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf

I had a similar one too...
Same. Because COVID was still in full swing, my car and trailer wasn't properly inspected and contributed to my hydroplaning in January. My insurance finally went up, because that's considered at fault, but I did get $16,000-ish from that crash, which ultimately allowed me to buy 6 more TDIs and a trailer (and sell 3 items to make some money back).

My crash from last April. Older woman who shouldn't have been driving after a stroke pulled in front of me, and I slammed into her doing 55.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Ouch. That's pulling a stump the hard way.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Same. Because COVID was still in full swing, my car and trailer wasn't properly inspected and contributed to my hydroplaning in January. My insurance finally went up, because that's considered at fault, but I did get $16,000-ish from that crash, which ultimately allowed me to buy 6 more TDIs and a trailer (and sell 3 items to make some money back).

My crash from last April. Older woman who shouldn't have been driving after a stroke pulled in front of me, and I slammed into her doing 55.

Sadly the person that hit me was uninsured... but I still sold the car for $3000

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Sadly the person that hit me was uninsured... but I still sold the car for $3000
The person who pulled in front of me had insurance. Their insurance hated having to pay me $850 for the tow bill, and they disagreed with my insurance company finding my Golf to be worth $12700-ish before deductible/buyback amount, but they had no choice when they lost at arbitration. Salvaged the clutch and LSD, sold the motor, and salvaged everything else I could. Now my chickens lay eggs in it, because I would be losing money if I took it to the junkyard.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
While we’re on the topic, I’d probably go back two years and NOT try to pick up that cross-auger by myself. Buggered my back up good doing that, should probably get it checked out some day.
Least you didn't get a hernia. Those suck