Anyone have a spare oil pan sitting around?

SilveR316

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Golf 1.9L TDI
I was changing out the oil this afternoon in my car, and when I went to put the oil drain plug back in, it just kept spinning. The thread on the oil pan is gone.

It seemed to be getting weaker and weaker over the last few oil changes, I guess I was hoping it would hold out longer.

Anyways, I need an oil pan and I don't really want to play around with rethreading the hole. Anyone have a spare one for an ALH I can buy from them? Preferably before end of day Sunday.

pbraunton

Veteran Member
TDI
03' Jetta TDi
Dom's auto

Go to dom's auto in courtier, they had lots of tdi's there last time was there, they do delivery as well although it will cost you!!

Just google for there address cause I don't know it!!!

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
I have 2. One original VW one that needs a quick cleaning, and one aftermarket that is 3 weeks old with a small welded puncture from road debris. I am 20 min west of Kitchener.

vwmikey99

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GLK 250 + 2017 Tacoma + 2014 Jetta
Try putting the drainbolt back in with teflon tape to get you buy..then just do your oil changes with a pela oil extractor and call it a day =)

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Remove the pan, do the repair(they sell kits at most jobbers) and reinstall. Probably 30 bucks, plus an oil change. Or, do in in situ it isn't that tough a fix.

C

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Its much easier ot repair the thread than re & re the pan.
Or, just JB weld the drain plug in place and use an oil extractor.