Anyone has filed the tax return yet?

shutterfly

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
has anyone filed the tax return yet?
Supposedly we can claim $1300 tax credit but I have not yet found any instructions yet.

thanks,

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
Our software had the provision for it so we got it done no problem. If you are doing taxes the old fashioned way (paper file) then you have to go print out the form to fill out and provide what they require to get the claim in. Go to the IRS site and search and you'll find it (I'm just lazy and don't feel like searching again for you right now - sorry)

grek

TDI
2009 Jetta SportWagen
Filed via Turbo Tax DeLuxe and the software prompted for the Tax credit and the Sales Tax. No problem. Just waiting for the refund now.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
i should be getting my direct deposit the 2nd of march, Lean burn credit attached.

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA TDI 2009, JSW 2013 DSG PANO
Did you get a Tax Credit form from the dealer for the 1300 dls?

My Tax gus is aking me for the form from the dealer? not sure about it.

Roshermoore

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG sunroof
Jettawolfs98 said:

You don't need anything from the dealer. Give your tax guy this link and tell him to prepare the return or get another tax preparer that knows what he is doing.

www.irs.gov/businesses/corporations/article
/0,,id=214283,00.html

He calculates the credit using IRS Form 8910.

MPBsr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI....Traded in
Jettawolfs98 said:

I think you need a new tax guy.

wsktdi

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagon
You definitely do not need a form of any sort for the tax credit.

If you itemize you might be able to deduct the sales tax you paid, too.

motoblue

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf DSG
Actually, you don't need to itemize to claim the 2009 sales tax deduction. If you are claiming the standard deduction you can claim the motor vehicle sales tax deduction on top of that by filing schedule L with your 1040.

If you are not aware, you do need to file the 1040 (not 1040A or EZ) to use form 8910 for the advanced lean burn credit.

3waygeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Audi A3 2.0 TDI
I filed a month ago, using H&R Block software -- it had info about the tax credit, but it didn't list all the eligible vehicles (no Audi A3 TDI or Golf). I filed early so I'd have my refund ready for a down payment when I take delivery (scheduled for next week) on the A3 TDI I ordered last October.

S_Sanders

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf Coupe and 2012 JSW
Filed today with EzTax Return's on-line service (employment benefit). Their system had prompts for both the tax credit and the sales tax deduction. Now, I just wait for the direct deposit. :D

tominmaggie

TDI
2010 JSW - traded it 12/31/11 for 2012 model
Credit is hiding in H&R Block's software

If you're using this software, you won't find the 2010 VW or Audi models listed. So by following directions from their tech support, I manually added the Jetta TDI JSW and on the next page, selected "No Entry" under year, make and model. Then I entered "Date Placed In Service" and hit "Next". It was then on a page where I was able to enter my car's data.

Under "Maximum Credit Allowed" I entered $1,300 and then under "Phase-out Percentage" I entered 100%.

This is a serious flaw in their software, and I was only able to get through this after 1.5 hours of online and phone calls to their tech support. Sheesh.

securityguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
TurboTax is great...already got my refund:D Nothing like getting my $1300 and the sales tax back that I paid on both my Jetta and wife's new 2010 ride. I know a lot of folks that do their own taxes as I have for many, many years and the overall concensus is that nothing beats TurboTax...I'd drop H&R in a heart beat:eek:

S_Sanders

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf Coupe and 2012 JSW
tominmaggie said:
This is a serious flaw in their software, and I was only able to get through this after 1.5 hours of online and phone calls to their tech support. Sheesh.
Unfortunately, you don't always get what you pay for, but I bet you won't be buying that software next year!

tominmaggie

TDI
2010 JSW - traded it 12/31/11 for 2012 model
S_Sanders said:
Unfortunately, you don't always get what you pay for, but I bet you won't be buying that software next year!
You win that bet! I just hope that owners don't get cheated out of their refund due to their software's unacceptable flaw.

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
H&R suxs if you have them do your taxes too.. go figure.. lol

got our $1300 and sales tax credit already deposited here :)

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA TDI 2009, JSW 2013 DSG PANO
Went to file my taxes on Saturday, after a little bit of searching my tax guy file the tax credit and it shoed on my return!!!!

Happy 1300 waiting for you! Vacation money or kitchen money we'll see.