Anyone done a Eurovan TDI Conversion?

Lavabo

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta wagon 2003, Westfalia 73 Tdi
Im in the movve also to covert my EV 1996 2.4D to a AHU Tdi soon.

I gathered some part from T4Forum in UK:

the 2.5 pedal and bracket numbers, if you dont want to fit the 1.9tdi one:
W7D2 721 509 B (Pedal)
W7D0 721 531 (bracket)

Also for cruise control...
That is the reason people use the 2.5tdi one here as i think the golf stalk has a hazard switch and people want their vans to look factory standard. The passat one should still workthough, the part number for the 2.5tdi kit from vw is

W7D0 998 527 (2.5tdi cruise control)

im now trying to find the engine mount !!

X@V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B7 A4 V6 2.5TDI, MK2 frankentdi 2.0 16V TDI PD
For the engine mount, you can talk to Ryanp to get the T4 1.9D's mounts and brackets.

Or Turbo Diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
1995 Passat GLX Wagon, 2003 Jetta
Could the common AHU 02A trans be used for the swap? That could make it easier to find parts, plus the gearing would already be diesel friendly (just a smaller ring gear). Not sure how the tire sizes would change this.

Is the 02B trans the stocker for the 5 cylinder diesel EV?

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 passat, 2000 Golf, 2003 Allroad tdi
no you can't just the 02a stock , as the engine angle is WAY off on the bellhousing and the drive shafts are different. The eurovan trans has a driveshaft support that extends off the diff behind the engine. So the Eurovan trans is the easiest to swap. One could modify a 02a to work but you would need to cut the bell housing and re weld it at the correct angle..and source correct length drive shafts...and figure the motor mount setup etc....
Thanks,
Deo

BigDan1

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000 ALH,TDI
I`m into swapping an AHU TDi in my 2.5L T4 .....

This post needs an update ....

anyone did the 4:23 R & P yet ? is it worth the 250 rpm drop for the $$$$

interesting post ! :D
thanks
Dan

Last edited:

StreetCrawler

TDI
Porsche 951
In case anyone out there is looking for an 02G 5-spd trans from Europe, one just showed up at my door:

This trans BH is drilled out for the VR6 engine and the 5-cyl TDI. No easy adaptations here in the US with our domestic TDI options, but it would sure liven up the VR6 experience in a Eurovan.
Any more info on making these transmissions mate up to a VR6? I'd be happy to just do a manual swap in my VR6 Eurovan right now.

elkm36a

TDI
I was thinking of importing from Germany a 1996 T4 with 1.9L TDI.
Would parts from VWs (Passat, Jetta) having the 1.9L TDIs imported into the US fit?

Thanks!

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
I was thinking of importing from Germany a 1996 T4 with 1.9L TDI.
Would parts from VWs (Passat, Jetta) having the 1.9L TDIs imported into the US fit?

Thanks!
I am selling a 1996 T4 2.4 diesel here in Massachusetts. It has a 5speed manual, air conditioning, power windows and locks, and is rust free. It is ready to go. New timing belt, waterpump, harmonic balancer, serpentine belt, pulleys, valve cover gasket, both cam and front crank seal, injection pump belt dialed in timing, new glow plugs, shifter bushings, brake hoses, brake fluid, air filter fuel filter oil filter, etc! Send me a PM or call the shop at 508-295-2894

elkm36a

TDI
I am selling a 1996 T4 2.4 diesel here in Massachusetts. It has a 5speed manual, air conditioning, power windows and locks, and is rust free. It is ready to go. New timing belt, waterpump, harmonic balancer, serpentine belt, pulleys, valve cover gasket, both cam and front crank seal, injection pump belt dialed in timing, new glow plugs, shifter bushings, brake hoses, brake fluid, air filter fuel filter oil filter, etc! Send me a PM or call the shop at 508-295-2894
Hi Thanks, will reach out. Great to know that there is someone local experienced in these.

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
Is this T4 posted FS anywhere? Please post up a link.