Anyone able to get a part number?

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2015 Sportwagen SEL
2015 Tdi Sportwagen SEL with the piano black trim. The chrome at the front of the shifter trim plate was cracked and peeling, and it sliced me good today. I need a part number for a new shifter plate if anyone has access to look it up.

vikingtdi

TDI
'11 JSW
Don’t quote me on this but I recall a thread about a service bulletin that covers that issue. I guess there have been quality issues and many bloody fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
Don’t quote me on this but I recall a thread about a service bulletin that covers that issue. I guess there have been quality issues and many bloody fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ooh that would be nice. Anyone confirm?

mrctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf and 2013 Passat
Wow I need to check into this. A few weeks back I went to get something out of the cubby in the dark and got sliced open really good .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Dealers have been replacing this on both black and aluminum trim interiors under warranty...

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
Still looking for that part number for now. And my dang finger is STILL bleeding a bit too. Nice sharp cut.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Still looking for that part number for now. And my dang finger is STILL bleeding a bit too. Nice sharp cut.
There are three different color styles, each having a Kessy/non-Kessy version. The part number for "titanium black" with Kessy is 5GM864263CXVI. That's my best guess to the Piano black as the other black is "matte". I would call your dealer to confirm the color to your VIN before ordering. You'll likely not find a better price than the link I included as well. ECS goes for $140

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
There are three different color styles, each having a Kessy/non-Kessy version. The part number for "titanium black" with Kessy is 5GM864263CXVI. That's my best guess to the Piano black as the other black is "matte". I would call your dealer to confirm the color to your VIN before ordering. You'll likely not find a better price than the link I included as well. ECS goes for $140
Big thank you for that!

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok interesting. Seems that metal trim comes as part of the shifter boot/plate. More digging now......

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
Yep! Your link got me the part number 5G1713203JUMF and a search showed it's exactly what was needed.

*edit* After searching, it seems the trim ring itself is removable but I'm not showing any other part number for it, for future reference.

Last edited:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Yep, all one piece. No replacing just the broken bit that does appear to be replaceable. I nicked mine some time ago, and have just not felt the need to go and replace the whole piece.

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm thinking I'll temp fix mine by pulling the trim ring, stripping it, and hitting it with some kind of aluminum/chome paint. But I am going to the dealership tomorrow first to let my warranty writer have a look (have good rapport with her).

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf SE TDI 6spd 109k miles; '00 A4 NB 5spd 216k; '96 B4 Passat Sedan 220k
I've searched TDIclub for TSB (techinical service bulletin) reference on this issue, and must not be selecting the right search term/s. If there *is* indeed a TSB and anyone knows what it is or has a link for a thread that discusses it, *please* share here . . . thanks in advance.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
$114 to just fix that one removable ring. Ugh.

I’m going to just vinyl wrap in a matching brushed chrome. Apparently the replacements start to chip too.