anyon help me please?

lambo11293

Veteran Member
TDI
leon
My car is remapped at the minute and for other irelevant reasons i am maybe going to get my ecu decoded and i was thinking at the same time of getting it chipped aswell. Would this work with the remap? Would i get any benefits from it? Is there any dangers with it? Thanks.

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
My car is remapped at the minute and for other irelevant reasons i am maybe going to get my ecu decoded and i was thinking at the same time of getting it chipped aswell. Would this work with the remap? Would i get any benefits from it? Is there any dangers with it? Thanks.
What?

lambo11293

Veteran Member
TDI
leon
They are the same thing just different methods, if your car is mapped then you don't need it 'chipping'

Older cars that you can't map over OBD get 'chipped' instead.
ok, cheers, i knew that they were esentualy the same thing but didn't know wether they could work together as i have spoke to people before with the alh lump like mine who have said its chipped and maped and its now 140bhp form a standard 90bhp.

K.I.T.T.

Veteran Member
TDI
PD75
ok, cheers, i knew that they were esentualy the same thing but didn't know wether they could work together as i have spoke to people before with the alh lump like mine who have said its chipped and maped and its now 140bhp form a standard 90bhp.
:confused:

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
chipped, remapped....same,same.

On older cars they actually had to change the memory chip that stored the program for ecu . So slang was the car was re chipped, shorten to chipped.

On a remapp, they simply reprogram the memory chip. The chip has had a new map written to it, so it has been remapped.

The terms are often used interchangeably, but they are slightly different.

But, if you chip can be remapped, there is no need to re chip it..and if you have re-chipped your ECU, there is no need to remap it..:)

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
I would personally find where GHE Tuning is in Plymouth and drop in for a small chat (if they are willing) about this topic, and the tuning of your car. :)