Anybody know why the price of diesel seems so high these days?

Steve140

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 & 2011 Golf TDIs
Diesel has been right around 96.9 at the local Rez lately. Good diesel too. No issues. There's a tanker refilling every other day and I think it's ESSO diesel. I drive by the Flying J and see that its 30 cents more and shake my head.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
It's always higher in the winter, but this year it's been consistently higher - even the in the warmer temperatures.

*shrug*

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
It's always higher in the winter, but this year it's been consistently higher - even the in the warmer temperatures.

*shrug*
Even with Ford Nation carbon tax reduction :confused:

Peytron

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Even with Ford Nation carbon tax reduction :confused:

Those few cents a litre will go right back on the cost in about a month when the Federal tax kicks in. Saved a few bucks in the meantime :).

I was happy to see diesel down around $1/litre the past while. Anytime the price actually drops in the winter is okay by me, as short lived as it was.

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
Those few cents a litre will go right back on the cost in about a month when the Federal tax kicks in. Saved a few bucks in the meantime :).

I was happy to see diesel down around $1/litre the past while. Anytime the price actually drops in the winter is okay by me, as short lived as it was.
The liberals only have 10 months left in government, so don't expect any carbon tax to last very long even if implemented. They should really make this the election, vote for what you want(via the party), instead of implementing something that may not last...

Peytron

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Astonishingly I saw 79.9 this morning in Waverley, but of course I had a full tank already.

Peytron

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Highway 93 just north of 27. When I drove by this morning it was fenced off so must have just been a fire sale to clear out their inventory.

6oh

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Sedan / 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon

(just a little funny i saw in another forum that made me howl, despite the guy pointing).
MDCA !!

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
It isn't nothing. It is about 5 cents per litre.
As I wrote before, it's only $3.50 on a tank DUDE! That IS nothing. Make one less trip to the grocery store and you'll be back to where you were before. Are you one of those people that sits in line at the gas station for 30 minutes just to save $2 on a tank?

Peytron

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
As I wrote before, it's only $3.50 on a tank DUDE! That IS nothing. Make one less trip to the grocery store and you'll be back to where you were before. Are you one of those people that sits in line at the gas station for 30 minutes just to save $2 on a tank?

No, I'm not one of those people. I don't even drive out of my way for a lower price unless it is significant.

But there are people out there that are on a tight budget, and a few bucks extra per tank adds up for them. Just because some of us may be able to afford 5 cents per litre per year doesn't mean everybody will.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
No, I'm not one of those people. I don't even drive out of my way for a lower price unless it is significant.

But there are people out there that are on a tight budget, and a few bucks extra per tank adds up for them. Just because some of us may be able to afford 5 cents per litre per year doesn't mean everybody will.
If they can't afford 5 more cents a little than they can't afford a car at all. They can do one less trip per tank and be back to their budget. After all, this tax is supposed to force people to use their vehicles less. Those that can't afford this extra will be forced to use their cars less. It's as simple as that and that will decrease the amount of pollution for sure. It will be statistically insignificant though.

leafs

Veteran Member
TDI
alh

*shrug*
today I seen it approx a penny less than regular. first time in a long time. hopefully the trend continues.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Well right now there is one station in Toronto selling Diesel for $ 0.749 liter.

But with the stay at home regulations I'm getting about 2 weeks a liter.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I filled up at 80.9 the other day. With my shortened commute and not being able to go anywhere, tankfuls are lasting me a month these days.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
We are still being gouged. Cheapest I've seen so far is Kitchener @ 74.9. My local town is still 99.9.

Actually 0.749 works out to $ 2.85 for a US gallon.
Now converted to US dollars is US $ 2.015

That is about what they pay for Diesel in the USA.
So how are we gouged?